TBoneTX

All F2B Updates in This Thread (Part 2)

746 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hi everyone, I've just received my green card, after almost 9 years of waiting.

PD: Oct-13-2015
DQ: Aug-21-2020

Here's a quick timeline:

- My case became current in the bulletin released in February 2024.
- On March 5th, I received an email scheduling my interview abroad for April 15th.
- The interview went smoothly and was completed quickly. I had to leave my passport to have the visa sticker applied.
- I read that the sticker was applied on the same day, but I had to wait another week to pick up my passport.
- With my passport back, I was able to return to the US.
- My Green card arrived June 3rd, yesterday

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline

Here's a quick timeline:

- On March 5th, I received an email scheduling my interview abroad for April 15th.
- The interview went smoothly and was completed quickly. I had to leave my passport to have the visa sticker applied.
- I read that the sticker was applied on the same day, but I had to wait another week to pick up my passport.

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
45 minutes ago, Waiting4ever2 said:

Here's a quick timeline:

Congratulations! Thanks for sharing.

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline
1 hour ago, Waiting4ever2 said:

Here's a quick timeline:

Congratulations! Thank you so much for the info. All the best 👏🏾👏🏾🙏🏾🙏🏾🙏🏾

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Bangladesh
Timeline
14 hours ago, Waiting4ever2 said:

Here's a quick timeline:

Congrats! 

Timeline
Posted (edited)

April visa issuance numbers came out yesterday: https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/Statistics/Immigrant-Statistics/MonthlyIVIssuances/APRIL 2024 - IV Issuances by FSC or Place of Birth and Visa Class.pdf

In the first 7 months of FY 2024, total family category visas issued so far = 85,250. Including AoS, it will be ~ 90k.

Ideally, by April, number of total family visa issued should have been = 226,000 x 7/12 = 131,833. So the visa issue process by NVC is behind by about 42k. 

F2B visa issue process is behind by at least 3k. To catch up and ensure full allotment by the year-end, about 2,800 F2B’s must be issued every month until September. That will require the PD to move quickly in the upcoming visa bulletins, right @Mr. Charlie Oppenheim?

Edited by RR159

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
On 6/4/2024 at 11:21 AM, Waiting4ever2 said:

Here's a quick timeline:

Congratulations and thank you, this give me some kind of hope!!

On 6/4/2024 at 9:52 PM, Waiting4ever2 said:

Here's a quick timeline:

Which consulate buddy??

Timeline
On 5/25/2024 at 8:04 AM, JustBry said:

Should I still keep my hopes up? All F2Bs are moving for other countries except Philippines. :(

Feeling sorry that F2B didn’t move at all for Philippines in July VB.

I believe your countries US embassy is strictly following the 7% per country limit. That’s why we’re seeing couple hundred F2B visas per month for Philippines for the last few months.

Compare that with 800 (on average) F2B visas per month for DR. Clearly something is wrong here. 😑

10 minutes ago, RR159 said:

Feeling sorry that F2B didn’t move at all for Philippines in July VB.

I believe your countries US embassy is strictly following the 7% per country limit. That’s why we’re seeing couple hundred F2B visas per month for Philippines for the last few months.

Compare that with 800 (on average) F2B visas per month for DR. Clearly something is wrong here. 😑

The Philippines has just chosen to prioritise other categories within their limit instead - for example, EB3, they've issued an average of 1105 each month just for that category alone.

Whereas the DR has only issued 8 EB3's in total across the same 3 months as they have chosen to prioritise F2B's. 

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Bangladesh
Timeline
On 6/6/2024 at 1:40 AM, RR159 said:

April visa issuance numbers came out yesterday: https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/Statistics/Immigrant-Statistics/MonthlyIVIssuances/APRIL 2024 - IV Issuances by FSC or Place of Birth and Visa Class.pdf

In the first 7 months of FY 2024, total family category visas issued so far = 85,250. Including AoS, it will be ~ 90k.

Ideally, by April, number of total family visa issued should have been = 226,000 x 7/12 = 131,833. So the visa issue process by NVC is behind by about 42k. 

F2B visa issue process is behind by at least 3k. To catch up and ensure full allotment by the year-end, about 2,800 F2B’s must be issued every month until September. That will require the PD to move quickly in the upcoming visa bulletins, right @Mr. Charlie Oppenheim?

I hope it picks up. If the issue is PD not moved enough, it should be fixed.

Anyway July visa bulletin is out. F2B moved by a month which is good news. Let's hope it keeps on moving like this every month. 

Timeline
23 hours ago, appleblossom said:

The Philippines has just chosen to prioritise other categories within their limit instead - for example, EB3, they've issued an average of 1105 each month just for that category alone.

Whereas the DR has only issued 8 EB3's in total across the same 3 months as they have chosen to prioritise F2B's. 

Yes majority of EB3 visas are going to Philippines. But majority of F1, FX, F2B are going to DR. Let’s check the total of Family + Employment:

This year it’s 14.2k for Philippines, 20k for DR.
Last year it was 28.4k for Philippines, 41.7k for DR

9 minutes ago, RR159 said:

Yes majority of EB3 visas are going to Philippines. But majority of F1, FX, F2B are going to DR. Let’s check the total of Family + Employment:

This year it’s 14.2k for Philippines, 20k for DR.
Last year it was 28.4k for Philippines, 41.7k for DR

Yes, exactly - each consulate can tackle their backlog (if they have one) as they see fit, it's up to them which categories to prioritise for interview. Plus each consulate has different capacity for interviews, some can do thousands more a month than others due to space and staffing. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.