TBoneTX

All F2B Updates in This Thread (Part 2)

739 posts in this topic

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Divinepath said:

Precisely but are we going to see another movement this fiscal year?

But, but, I thought Charlie said….. :(

NVC systems and processes are so old, like pieces of antique items, they can’t calculate how many new F2B applicants became eligible for interview in the last few months (PD moved by 131 days). So every time PD moves, they have to wait, take rest for at least one month to find out what to do.

Edited by RR159

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline
12 hours ago, xavier2014 said:

people with March 16 PD getting IL of June, we should see another movement in upcoming VB.

except few embassies most cleared backlog.

someone with 2015 PD not getting IL? because their DQ date is far away from someone with 2016 DQ. 

Do you know someone in particular or where exactly did you find out March 16 PDs getting Interviews?

On 5/13/2024 at 12:04 PM, xavier2014 said:

people with March 16 PD getting IL of June, we should see another movement in upcoming VB.

except few embassies most cleared backlog.

someone with 2015 PD not getting IL? because their DQ date is far away from someone with 2016 DQ. 

The current VB is 1st April 2016, so yes, all those before that date are now eligible to get visas (unless Mexico or Philippines of course). The wait for an IL will depend on the consulate and any backlog there though, some will still be waiting for another couple of years, others will have had their interview scheduled already. 

Timeline
On 5/14/2024 at 2:21 PM, appleblossom said:

The current VB is 1st April 2016, so yes, all those before that date are now eligible to get visas (unless Mexico or Philippines of course). The wait for an IL will depend on the consulate and any backlog there though, some will still be waiting for another couple of years, others will have had their interview scheduled already. 

Is there any global database as to which countries consulate is at what stage regarding backlog?

The countries that are slow in scheduling interviews will always show an outstanding number of PD current applications that are not issued/processed yet (up to two years worth). So NVC may not move the date forward, thinking “we have so many current applicants that didn’t get processed yet”.

3 hours ago, RR159 said:

Is there any global database as to which countries consulate is at what stage regarding backlog?

The countries that are slow in scheduling interviews will always show an outstanding number of PD current applications that are not issued/processed yet (up to two years worth). So NVC may not move the date forward, thinking “we have so many current applicants that didn’t get processed yet”.

Not that I know of, only timelines etc on VJ and other places. But that's not how it works anyway. This is worth reading to understand the whole process - https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/Statistics/Immigrant-Statistics/Immigrant Visa Control System_operation of.pdf

Timeline
1 hour ago, appleblossom said:

Not that I know of, only timelines etc on VJ and other places. But that's not how it works anyway. This is worth reading to understand the whole process - https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/Statistics/Immigrant-Statistics/Immigrant Visa Control System_operation of.pdf

Thanks for the link.

”Only persons with a priority date earlier than a final action date are entitled to allotment of a visa number.”

So whenever a priority date moves in VB, VO should have a clear idea of how many new visa numbers are allotted, right? Then how come they have to stop the PD the very next month, as if they may have moved the PD too much forward the previous month?

Also, the last two paragraphs talk about per country limit and section 202(e). “Over subscription may require the establishment of a final action date which is earlier than that which applies to a particular visa category on a worldwide basis.” - How come this never happens?

Timeline
On 5/25/2024 at 8:04 AM, JustBry said:

Should I still keep my hopes up? All F2Bs are moving for other countries except Philippines. :(

It’s hard to say for sure. Visas are being issued to Philippines but the 10/22/2012 date is not moving at all. Still backlog? But much MORE visas are being issued to DR and their date is moving too. Doesn’t make sense. NVC has a strong bias for DR over others.

At least F3 and F4 are moving now so hopefully F2B will follow suit soon.

Does anyone here have any insight as to how long the wait is at the Rio embassy? My case has been DQ since May 2021, but my priority date (11/30/15) just became current with the May 2024 VB. However, my process was a bit stalled until my I-601A waiver was finalized, which was approved in April 2024. An additional question... based on this, am I basically just getting in line now, or would my place in line have been secured when I got DQ back in 2021? Appreciate any help here!

Filed: FB-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
On 5/31/2024 at 10:45 AM, Clarke84 said:

Charlie is still predicting forward movement for all family categories. We will see if he's right in the next few bulletins.

Let’s be hopeful.we have been waiting for far too long

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.