TBoneTX

All F2B Updates in This Thread (Part 2)

739 posts in this topic

14 hours ago, Esi11101 said:

Hello

I would like to ask if anyone here has already received an interview appointment for F2B? 

You might need to be more specific. Which consulate and what is your PD? If you could fill in your VJ timeline then it would be super helpful.

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline
3 hours ago, GusHD said:

It was published today

Number of IV applicants whose cases are documentarily complete at NVC and ready for interview as of September 30 312,018
Number of documentarily complete IV applicants scheduled for October 2023 interview appointments 38,755
Number of eligible IV applicants still pending the scheduling of an interview after October 2023 appointment scheduling was completed 273,263

From these figures, it appears the processing speed has remained consistent, but there might have been more cases qualified.

Does anyone have insights on the current status of F2B visas?

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline
6 hours ago, GusHD said:

It was published today

Number of IV applicants whose cases are documentarily complete at NVC and ready for interview as of September 30 312,018
Number of documentarily complete IV applicants scheduled for October 2023 interview appointments 38,755
Number of eligible IV applicants still pending the scheduling of an interview after October 2023 appointment scheduling was completed 273,263

From these figures, it appears the processing speed has remained consistent, but there might have been more cases qualified.

Does anyone have insights on the current status of F2B visas?

At this point now it's hard to predict what's going on at consulates and NVC. I believe the figures are inclusive of immediate relatives numbers so it's hard to tell where they may be at with family based visas. Wish we had category specific data. We keep crossing our fingers for good tidings.

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline
2 hours ago, Mundo254 said:

At this point now it's hard to predict what's going on at consulates and NVC. I believe the figures are inclusive of immediate relatives numbers so it's hard to tell where they may be at with family based visas. Wish we had category specific data. We keep crossing our fingers for good tidings.

You are right. Roughly, 19K of 38K is for immediate relatives. 2K is for employment preference category. 17K is for family preference category. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

It is the number of applicants increasing.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 10/12/2023 at 10:35 AM, appleblossom said:

Yes, absolutely no point in chasing it until the PD is current. No interview can be scheduled until then as a visa simply isn't available.

Did you decide to apply for citizenship as per your previous thread? That might make it a bit quicker when you have it.

Good luck, hope it speeds up for you. 

I am planning to file for my citizenship actually. And looking at the timeline between F1 (03/2012) and F2B (10/2011) for Philippines, it gives me hope to bring my daughter "faster".  I'm getting closer to my retirement too. But idk how long is the process for N400 (San Diego, Ca) now? And would there be "kinks" moving to F1 from F2B and how the process work..

On 10/12/2023 at 10:35 AM, appleblossom said:

Yes, absolutely no point in chasing it until the PD is current. No interview can be scheduled until then as a visa simply isn't available.

Did you decide to apply for citizenship as per your previous thread? That might make it a bit quicker when you have it.

Good luck, hope it speeds up for you. 

2 minutes ago, apongbaket said:

I am planning to file for my citizenship actually. And looking at the timeline between F1 (03/2012) and F2B (10/2011) for Philippines, it gives me hope to bring my daughter "faster".  I'm getting closer to my retirement too. But idk how long is the process for N400 (San Diego, Ca) now? 

10 months apparently…...https://egov.uscis.gov/processing-times/

Obviously no guarantee that F1 will remain quicker, but it's worth considering.

Timeline

She can keep the F2b PD if it is better 

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Bangladesh
Timeline

September Visa bulletin is out. 

Dominican Republic received 2961 visas in September. Adding up all 12 months puts DR at a total of 4604 visas over the limit. 

Would like to see how much they have received once the yearly report is out. 

Screenshot_20231025-182443.png

Edited by zaback21

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Out of curiosity, 

I was checking the timeline for F2B visas, and found one that started the I130 on 2020 and got the finalized on early 2022, the NVC office is Texas, definitely not California, but how that can be possible? Is there something we need to do or they just got lucky

no, no transfer, or expedited process on that timeline

I needed to ask and vent!

not adding the screenshot here as I don't need to get in trouble 

IMG_3250.png

Edited by makers

1 minute ago, makers said:

Out of curiosity, 

I was checking the timeline for F2B visas, and found one that started the I130 on 2020 and got the finalized on early 2023, cant remember the NVC office, definitely not California, but how that can be possible? Is there something we need to do or they just got lucky

When you say 'got the finalized' do you mean the I-130 was approved? Or the visa was actually granted? If the latter then my guess is somebody just put the wrong visa category on their timeline. If it's a VJ timeline then you can just link to it. 

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline
3 minutes ago, makers said:

Out of curiosity, 

I was checking the timeline for F2B visas, and found one that started the I130 on 2020 and got the finalized on early 2023, cant remember the NVC office, definitely not California, but how that can be possible? Is there something we need to do or they just got lucky

It shouldn't be possible by law, if it's true it was an anomaly.

USCIS is only reviewing/approving I130s for Jan-17 or before (except for Mexico and Philippines which's worst).

Family-
Sponsored 
All Chargeability 
Areas Except
Those Listed
CHINA-
mainland 
born
INDIA MEXICO PHILIPPINES 
F1 01SEP17 01SEP17 01SEP17 01APR05 22APR15
F2A 01SEP23 01SEP23 01SEP23 01SEP23 01SEP23
F2B 01JAN17 01JAN17 01JAN17 01AUG04 01OCT13
F3 01MAR10 01MAR10 01MAR10 15JUN01 08NOV03
F4 01MAR08 01MAR08 22FEB06 15APR01 22APR04

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
2 minutes ago, appleblossom said:

When you say 'got the finalized' do you mean the I-130 was approved? Or the visa was actually granted? If the latter then my guess is somebody just put the wrong visa category on their timeline. If it's a VJ timeline then you can just link to it. 

Just updated the question with the timeline,

please correct me if I’m looking something that is not for our cases

Timeline

Looks like a spousal case.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.