TBoneTX

All F2B Updates in This Thread (Part 2)

746 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Then more likely to be somebody who is confused.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

7 minutes ago, Boiler said:

Then more likely to be somebody who is confused.

Probably, but there are cases (though rare) were USCIS approved greencards when they should not have...only to revoke later or for the issue to come up when person tries to naturalize. 

https://www.rnlawgroup.com/surprising-twist-i-485-approved-without-a-current-priority-date-what-steps-should-be-taken/

Edited by Clarke84

Timeline

Mistakes do happen.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline
3 hours ago, Clarke84 said:

Not the reason in this case. Final Action Date for F2B has never moved to Nov 2016. 

Probably meant petition approved at USCIS;  before being sent to NVC. Very possible. My sister's PD is June 2019 and their petition was approved last year. Awaiting doc submission at NVC stage, that doesn't usually happen until pd current on the date of filing chart in the VB.

Edited by Mundo254

11 hours ago, Mundo254 said:

Probably meant petition approved at USCIS;  before being sent to NVC. Very possible. My sister's PD is June 2019 and their petition was approved last year. Awaiting doc submission at NVC stage, that doesn't usually happen until pd current on the date of filing chart in the VB.

Poster's daughter was doing AOS, so not dealing with NVC. Poster did end up deleting original post after multiple people questioned her story...so maybe she was being untruthful. 

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Clarke84 said:

Poster's daughter was doing AOS, so not dealing with NVC. Poster did end up deleting original post after multiple people questioned her story...so maybe she was being untruthful. 

Sadly not that uncommon.

After all, no retrogress. That's good news. Next month's visa bulletin will be interesting. I read that some members of Congress are writing to USCIS to make PD current, maybe not(all categories lol). I don't know if it would solve any problems unless visas are distributed evenly. Nevertheless, I am sure some of you would get visa next fiscal year, some would submit doc. Its a long ride let's hope for the best

Timeline
6 minutes ago, xavier2014 said:

After all, no retrogress. That's good news. Next month's visa bulletin will be interesting. I read that some members of Congress are writing to USCIS to make PD current, maybe not(all categories lol). I don't know if it would solve any problems unless visas are distributed evenly. Nevertheless, I am sure some of you would get visa next fiscal year, some would submit doc. Its a long ride let's hope for the best

That would only impact people adjusting so probably very few in this category 

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
47 minutes ago, xavier2014 said:

If members of congress are writing to USCIS that will be great! May I know the source of this news?

Timeline
43 minutes ago, RR159 said:

If members of congress are writing to USCIS that will be great! May I know the source of this news? 

I have seen it mentioned, are you looking to adjust?

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Bangladesh
Timeline
On 8/9/2023 at 12:29 PM, Newbuddy said:

Can any one tell me what PD Interviews going on in current ??

Well it's people who had their DQ in June 2020 in Bangladesh. So, more than 3 years backlog. Embassy in Dhaka issue interview based on DQ date and not the PD order. But your PD needs to be current before you can be eligible. 

So, people with PD in 2013-15 are most likely getting the interviews. 

Edited by zaback21

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
22 hours ago, Boiler said:

I have seen it mentioned, are you looking to adjust?

Of course! Waiting long enough to see false hopes being spread, but actually no progress being made. So yes, I would like to know the source please.

Timeline
5 minutes ago, RR159 said:

Of course! Waiting long enough to see false hopes being spread, but actually no progress being made. So yes, I would like to know the source please.

Let me look...

Timeline

Here we are:

https://krishnamoorthi.house.gov/media/press-releases/congressmen-krishnamoorthi-and-bucshon-lead-56-us-representatives-bipartisan

Congressmen Krishnamoorthi and Bucshon Lead 56 U.S. Representatives In Bipartisan Letter To The Biden Administration Calling For Relief For High-Skilled Visa Holders

By the way, the current PD (Priority Date) current situation is mainly focused on lobbying for H1B holders with pending Green Card applications.

Does anyone have data regarding F2B DQ waiting times for interviews? From that, we can estimate the number of applicants from 2016. I am assuming an average of 55k+ applicants from each year. It will take 2 years to clear the 2016 backlog.

F2B.List.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.