TBoneTX

All F2B Updates in This Thread (Part 2)

746 posts in this topic

6 minutes ago, GusHD said:

I agree on @Clarke84

I wonder if we sum the visas that have being issued to DR would cover the backlog. If that's the case we should have movement soon.

I don't see movement until Oct/Nov (at the earliest), but as long as DR is part of ROW then this a good thing! We need them to get through the backlog or final action date will never move. 

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Bangladesh
Timeline
7 hours ago, Clarke84 said:

I don't see movement until Oct/Nov (at the earliest), but as long as DR is part of ROW then this a good thing! We need them to get through the backlog or final action date will never move. 

There won't be a movement for the next 10-20 years if DR is part of the RoW. There's a reason why F2B has had no PD or Filing date movement after 2 years even when all other categories did. 

7 hours ago, Clarke84 said:

They still affect the rest of world in terms on total F2B visas issued - but they have a separate PD as needed. So the affect is less.

I would rather have 2 countries taking 7% each and leaving the rest 86% behind over one country taking 40-50%+. 

Here's the thing. We are now not in pandemic situation where we are struggling to fill up 226,000 yearly quotas. Now we are having to retrogress due to more visa being available than can be issued. So, if DR is capped at 7%, those other visas will be issued to other countries now. 

Edited by zaback21

4 hours ago, zaback21 said:

There won't be a movement for the next 10-20 years if DR is part of the RoW. There's a reason why F2B has had no PD or Filing date movement after 2 years even when all other categories did. 

I would rather have 2 countries taking 7% each and leaving the rest 86% behind over one country taking 40-50%+. 

Here's the thing. We are now not in pandemic situation where we are struggling to fill up 226,000 yearly quotas. Now we are having to retrogress due to more visa being available than can be issued. So, if DR is capped at 7%, those other visas will be issued to other countries now. 

F2B did have a filing action date movement last year. Around July 2022 (which allowed me to file my I485 with a PD of December 2016). I had an RFE for my medical in April and was just approved for my combo card the day my RFe was received. So it looks like they do expect final action date movement  (at least I hope so!).

While visa issuance is back to pre-pandemic levels, at least for F2B - they haven’t gotten through the backlog caused by it. There’s not much we can do about it besides maybe bring it up to your Congress person or Senator.

Before the pandemic, DR had the second-highest number of F2B applicants, but it didn't hinder F2B visa movement. After pandemic, there have been concerns about clearing the DR backlog huh!. 

The unusual lack of movement in the F2B category for two consecutive years brought attention to the fact that DR is receiving half of the visas, impacting the movement of F2B. The State Department is aware of this situation, while people from other countries remain stuck for 2-3 years after DQ.

Writing to congressperson do impact probably, especially someone from respective states,  I came across a tweet from a popular Twitter account (US) stating the difficulty in obtaining a passport quickly(talking about backlog lol) for their newborn child. Some suggested contacting the congressperson of their state, and eventually, the passport issue was resolved with the involvement of a senator.

2 hours ago, Clarke84 said:

F2B did have a filing action date movement last year. Around July 2022 (which allowed me to file my I485 with a PD of December 2016). I had an RFE for my medical in April and was just approved for my combo card the day my RFe was received. So it looks like they do expect final action date movement  (at least I hope so!).

While visa issuance is back to pre-pandemic levels, at least for F2B - they haven’t gotten through the backlog caused by it. There’s not much we can do about it besides maybe bring it up to your Congress person or Senator.

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline

A new Visa Bulletin is coming. Let's see how it goes.

I can not be optimistic because of the previous footnotes saying that there's a chance of regression.

So the better odds are in the one for next month.

Timeline
2 hours ago, Clarke84 said:

September Visa Bulletin out...no movement and no retrogression (so small positive).  No threat of future retrogression either. 

Exactly and it's funny if you think about it... not having bad news is good news.

But if there were no retrogression now there shouldn't be in the next Visa Bulletin b/c the visa quota will renew.

The real question is... how far are they from clearing the backlog (Dominican Republic included of course)

Edited by GusHD

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Bangladesh
Timeline
9 hours ago, Newbuddy said:

Can any one tell me what PD Interviews going on in current ??

22 September 2015

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/legal/visa-law0/visa-bulletin.html

Timeline
2 hours ago, zaback21 said:

I think @Newbuddy asked which months NVC/USCIS is actually interviewing.
It varies by country but I think that on overall they didn't reach September-15 yet.

Over on r/USCIS on reddit, someone posted that her daughter's green card  (F2B) was approved with a PD of November 2016????  I know that's not technically possible as final action date is 9/2015. Either person is mistaken on their PD or the green card was approved when it should not have been.

Edited by Clarke84

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline
1 hour ago, Clarke84 said:

Over on r/USCIS on reddit, someone posted that her daughter's green card  (F2B) was approved with a PD of November 2016????  I know that's not technically possible as final action date is 9/2015. Either person is mistaken on their PD or the green card was approved when it should not have been.

Approved before it retrogressed is more likely.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.