TBoneTX

All F2B Updates in This Thread (Part 2)

708 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Newbuddy said:

What about those who’s age going out or if they want to marry. This backlog will take extra time so is there any deviation for them any rule or law ??

Not sure what you mean about age, as this category is for those already over 21. 

But there’s no allowances for those that want to marry, they would have to wait or give up their chance of an IV in this category. If their parent later becomes a US citizen they could be sponsored if married. 

3 hours ago, Newbuddy said:

What about those who’s age going out or if they want to marry. This backlog will take extra time so is there any deviation for them any rule or law ??

without marrying you can have family Vietnam Philipines and DR F2B applicants most probably taking that advantage, if you get married F2B will get invalid unless petitioner become citizen to transfer your case to F3

To reduce backlog NVC need to follow 7% limit per country without that its a long journey, if they follow it most countries won't have any backlog in this category

Can any one tell me what exactly PD going on for interview for India

because visa bulletin and statistics dates are completely gimmicks. Coz it’s impossible that no movement in visa bulletin since 2 years for f2b. If there is slow movement, so still they are giving visas to 2015’s PD since 2 years ???

it’s completely frustrating 

27 minutes ago, Newbuddy said:

Can any one tell me what exactly PD going on for interview for India

because visa bulletin and statistics dates are completely gimmicks. Coz it’s impossible that no movement in visa bulletin since 2 years for f2b. If there is slow movement, so still they are giving visas to 2015’s PD since 2 years ???

it’s completely frustrating 

The PD is on the Visa Bulletin, released each month - https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/legal/visa-law0/visa-bulletin/2023/visa-bulletin-for-june-2023.html

And it is possible that there is no movement, it just means that there are still too many people in the queue who applied prior to 22nd Sept 2015 and they're working through them. With a limited number of visas available each year, and far more people applying than there are visas available, the date won't change until those people have been processed.

41 minutes ago, appleblossom said:

The PD is on the Visa Bulletin, released each month - https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/legal/visa-law0/visa-bulletin/2023/visa-bulletin-for-june-2023.html

And it is possible that there is no movement, it just means that there are still too many people in the queue who applied prior to 22nd Sept 2015 and they're working through them. With a limited number of visas available each year, and far more people applying than there are visas available, the date won't change until those people have been processed.

I completely disagree with you. EXCEPT few countries most of the countries doesn't have that much of F2B applicant to face backlog. just look at 2019 data of visa issuance per month. I have already explained the possible reason of huge backlog created in F2B

Note: 26k F2B visa per fiscal year, out of that DR already got 9k+, still left few more moths to end this year, they will easily get 13k+ that means only 50% for RW

19 minutes ago, xavier2014 said:

I completely disagree with you. EXCEPT few countries most of the countries doesn't have that much of F2B applicant to face backlog. just look at 2019 data of visa issuance per month. I have already explained the possible reason of huge backlog created in F2B

Note: 26k F2B visa per fiscal year, out of that DR already got 9k+, still left few more moths to end this year, they will easily get 13k+ that means only 50% for RW

We'll have to agree to disagree. Not sure what DR means, have only seen it for Dominican Republic on this forum, but assume you mean something else?

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Bangladesh
Timeline
On 6/21/2023 at 1:41 PM, appleblossom said:

We'll have to agree to disagree. Not sure what DR means, have only seen it for Dominican Republic on this forum, but assume you mean something else?

DR is Dominican Republic.

I don't understand what 7% are they waiting for? 7% of the 226k visa? 7% of the F2B which they have already surpassed. 

DR needs to have it's own F2B Priority Date and Bangladesh and India needs to have their own F4 Priority Date. These 3 countries have pretty much kept F2B and F4 visa hostage for the rest of the world. 

Timeline

Section 201 of the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA) sets an annual minimum family-sponsored preference limit of 226,000.  The worldwide level for annual employment-based preference immigrants is at least 140,000.  Section 202 prescribes that the per-country limit for preference immigrants is set at 7% of the total annual family-sponsored and employment-based preference limits, i.e., 25,620.  The dependent area limit is set at 2%, or 7,320.

DR.jpg

Ok here's a table I did. It seems Dominican Republic is on par just not too much over yet. So, that's even worse news. One country now basically keeping the rest of the world hostage.  

DR is going 2217 per month on average and they have 4 months left to cross 7880. So, they may or may not cross it depending on how USCIS decides.   

Edited by zaback21

6 hours ago, zaback21 said:

Section 201 of the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA) sets an annual minimum family-sponsored preference limit of 226,000.  The worldwide level for annual employment-based preference immigrants is at least 140,000.  Section 202 prescribes that the per-country limit for preference immigrants is set at 7% of the total annual family-sponsored and employment-based preference limits, i.e., 25,620.  The dependent area limit is set at 2%, or 7,320.

DR.jpg

Ok here's a table I did. It seems Dominican Republic is on par just not too much over yet. So, that's even worse news. One country now basically keeping the rest of the world hostage.  

DR is going 2217 per month on average and they have 4 months left to cross 7880. So, they may or may not cross it depending on how USCIS decides.   

DR added a big backlog to F2B category besides covid, if applicants from other countries not rise this issue to NVC/USCIS I don't see this backlog will end soon.

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

And just like that the total number of F2B visas issued worldwide has dropped to 1703 for the month of May '23. 

Mar '23 April '23 May '23
Dominican Republic   2,014 2,037 609
Rest of the world   2,263 1,110 1,094

I guess anything that goes up must come down. It appears that decision makers at DOS has the "discretion" to determine which category of people will get preference over others on any given month.

On 6/24/2023 at 12:46 PM, zaback21 said:

DR is Dominican Republic.

I don't understand what 7% are they waiting for? 7% of the 226k visa? 7% of the F2B which they have already surpassed. 

DR needs to have it's own F2B Priority Date and Bangladesh and India needs to have their own F4 Priority Date. These 3 countries have pretty much kept F2B and F4 visa hostage for the rest of the world. 

India does have it's own PD though?

It’s up to each consulate how to use their 7% quota up (if at all - very few countries do) and which visas to direct their efforts to. Even if DR chose to use 13,000 for F2B then as long as they don't issue more than 12,620 across the other categories they're not doing anything wrong. And even if it is more than the limit issued in the end (unlikely), remember that not all of those will count towards the cap anyway (for example, if they were born elsewhere but processed via DR they would come under another country's cap).  

Last year DR issued 33,217 IV's in total but 20,214 were immediate relatives so didn't come under the country cap, plus presumably quite a few were others that don't come under the cap (i.e. some F2A's), so they were well under the 7% anyway.

Timeline
21 hours ago, appleblossom said:

It’s up to each consulate how to use their 7% quota up (if at all - very few countries do) and which visas to direct their efforts to. Even if DR chose to use 13,000 for F2B then as long as they don't issue more than 12,620 across the other categories they're not doing anything wrong. And even if it is more than the limit issued in the end (unlikely), remember that not all of those will count towards the cap anyway (for example, if they were born elsewhere but processed via DR they would come under another country's cap).  

Last year DR issued 33,217 IV's in total but 20,214 were immediate relatives so didn't come under the country cap, plus presumably quite a few were others that don't come under the cap (i.e. some F2A's), so they were well under the 7% anyway.

I don't blame DR or any other countries blocking F4. I blame the immigration minister/NVC for moving the PD and creating this 3 year long backlog. 

Timeline
On 6/25/2023 at 8:02 PM, appleblossom said:

Oh you are right about India. 

I wish there was one for my country. 

1000 F4 visa per month, 5 for F2B and few for others. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

India is subject to a cap, you do not want to be subject to a cap.

I assume other countries will become subject to a cap, not sure there is any info out there about who is next.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.