TBoneTX

All F2B Updates in This Thread (Part 2)

746 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Hello all,

F2B with a priority date of 2/20/2015 and a documentarily qualified date of 5/25/2021. It seems we are in the backlog with everyone else, does the embassy prioritize of the PD date or the DQ date? And not to many F2B timelines for the Bogota embassy here does anyone have any recent visa appointments they could share?

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline
On 10/29/2022 at 9:11 AM, PEV said:

Hi,

I finally received my interview date! 8th December!

Would I be able to apply for biometrics appointment with an expired PCC? My PCC expired two weeks back.

I will only be able to apply for a new PCC once I am in India, which will be after 2 weeks. I am worried that it would be too late to take an appointment after. 

Thank you!

That's great news!! How was the interview?

My priority date is exactly the same as yours! Sep-22-2015 but I still was not interviewed.

Anyways even we are interviewed the GC will only be issued when the final action date moves forward.

Regarding that I've being hearing that the expectation is that the final action dates continues to move forward in April/2023:

Hope that it's true.

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hello!

Does anyone know if country limitations apply to F2B category (Unmarried Sons and Daughters (21 years of age or older)? For example, page 3 of this link below says that there is generally a 7% cap on family based visas for any specific country, except portion of F2A.

https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/Statistics/Immigrant-Statistics/Immigrant%20Visa%20Control%20System_operation%20of.pdf

If this is true than F2B should have the 7% cap.

But recent trend of F2B visa issuance shows a gross violation of this requirement, below. In fiscal year 2022, Dominical Republic received 3,816 and El Salvador received 2,042, out of a total of 16,281. Both numbers are higher than the 7% of total allowable visa for F2B category: 1,839 (=7% x 23% x 114,200 = 1,839).

Please see page 6 of the document in the link below:
https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/Statistics/AnnualReports/FY2022AnnualReport/FY22_TableV_Part1.pdf

Any comments from this group will be appreciated!

Thanks.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Canada is not subject the cap, currently Mexico and PI

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline
On 2/20/2023 at 11:37 AM, GusHD said:

That's great news!! How was the interview?

My priority date is exactly the same as yours! Sep-22-2015 but I still was not interviewed.

Anyways even we are interviewed the GC will only be issued when the final action date moves forward.

Regarding that I've being hearing that the expectation is that the final action dates continues to move forward in April/2023:

Hope that it's true.

Hi GusHD,
Any reference to that expectation of final action dates moving forward?

Timeline
8 minutes ago, Swimming_Upstream said:

Does Mexico and Phillipines have cap on F2B category?

Yes

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Boiler said:

Yes

Well, thanks for confirming that. I saw the list of countries that has this cap applied in the Visa Bulletin. That list includes El Salvador as well.

One of the points I initially mentioned was that DOS is not following the cap for some of the countries. In Fiscal Year 2022 El Salvador received 2,042 F2B visas, about 7.8% of the total alloted number. Since El Salvador is in that list of oversubscribed countries, that proves my point. 

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline
49 minutes ago, Swimming_Upstream said:

Hi GusHD,
Any reference to that expectation of final action dates moving forward?

As far as my experience goes, any prediction is of low confidence (because of lack of information and transparency). But this Reddit post is the closer to prediction that I've found.

Timeline
32 minutes ago, GusHD said:

As far as my experience goes, any prediction is of low confidence (because of lack of information and transparency). But this Reddit post is the closer to prediction that I've found.

Thanks for sharing!

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Bangladesh
Timeline
On 3/7/2023 at 1:23 AM, Swimming_Upstream said:

Well, thanks for confirming that. I saw the list of countries that has this cap applied in the Visa Bulletin. That list includes El Salvador as well.

One of the points I initially mentioned was that DOS is not following the cap for some of the countries. In Fiscal Year 2022 El Salvador received 2,042 F2B visas, about 7.8% of the total alloted number. Since El Salvador is in that list of oversubscribed countries, that proves my point. 

In the last 3 years, in none of the Family based visa categories, 100% of the available visa has been used. Hence, if there are unused visa numbers, embassy can use them if required. 

And one category can use another categories unused visa also. 

Edited by zaback21

Timeline
11 hours ago, zaback21 said:

In the last 3 years, in none of the Family based visa categories, 100% of the available visa has been used. Hence, if there are unused visa numbers, embassy can use them if required. 

And one category can use another categories unused visa also. 

So it doesn't matter whether the applicant is already in the States or not? They still have to go by "Foreign State of Chargeability"? And does foreign state of chargeability always go by place of birth, or can it be citizenship?

Timeline

Generally place of birth, you can have multiple citizenships

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Bangladesh
Timeline
12 hours ago, Swimming_Upstream said:

So it doesn't matter whether the applicant is already in the States or not? They still have to go by "Foreign State of Chargeability"? And does foreign state of chargeability always go by place of birth, or can it be citizenship?

If the applicant is already in the state and they are eligible for Adjustment of Status, then they should ask USCIS or NVC to change it and apply for AoS

You usually select which country embassy you want to get processed by while filing the petition. 

Edited by zaback21

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.