TBoneTX

All F2B Updates in This Thread (Part 2)

746 posts in this topic

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

There’s a general feeling that people coming to the US on family reunification visas (e.g. F2B) are those lucky vagabonds, with no educational qualifications or practical skills/useful work experience. Basically bottom feeders. Because there’s no such requirements for those visas.

But are they all useless people?

On 6/19/2024 at 10:46 PM, RR159 said:

There’s a general feeling that people coming to the US on family reunification visas (e.g. F2B) are those lucky vagabonds, with no educational qualifications or practical skills/useful work experience. Basically bottom feeders. Because there’s no such requirements for those visas.

Probably they scared about there Number of population and Economy

Every situation is different. In my case, I was a skilled worker in Canada back in 2011. I became a Canadian citizen in 2017. While I was working as a software developer for one of the top 4 banks in Canada, my parents, who are senior citizens, I filed a F2B visa in Jun 2017. Thankfully, in November 2023, I received a family reunification parole invitation email just in time to care for my mother. She just had a gall bladder operation, and this allowed me to be by her side while I complete my paperwork here in the US.

Timeline
On 6/28/2024 at 12:09 AM, mira2024 said:

Every situation is different. In my case, I was a skilled worker in Canada back in 2011. I became a Canadian citizen in 2017. While I was working as a software developer for one of the top 4 banks in Canada, my parents, who are senior citizens, I filed a F2B visa in Jun 2017. Thankfully, in November 2023, I received a family reunification parole invitation email just in time to care for my mother. She just had a gall bladder operation, and this allowed me to be by her side while I complete my paperwork here in the US.

Good for you!

Back in June, 2017, if you could show your work skills in your application, and if your skills allowed your application to be placed in a some sort of expedited category, would it have been better for you?

Skilled people have higher chances of getting a job in the USA, and if they are being sponsored by their parents so they don’t have to depend on their employers, isn’t that a good idea…

Timeline
On 6/10/2024 at 7:33 PM, zaback21 said:

I hope it picks up. If the issue is PD not moved enough, it should be fixed.

Anyway July visa bulletin is out. F2B moved by a month which is good news. Let's hope it keeps on moving like this every month. 

F2B moved up by 30 days last month: while it was a good news, DoS need to do better than that going forward. They are behind by 3,000 F2B visas to meet this year’s quota. 

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
On 6/19/2024 at 10:16 AM, RR159 said:

Pls have patience – it may sound like a broken record however, I have the same issue as my priority date is Sept 2017 – it’s been 7 Yrs & 7 Months- Visa bulletin shows F2B category date of May, 2016. So my petition still is 1 Yr 4 months away. Some times, I get frustrated too. It seems like they haven’t recovered from the delays due to the pandemic of Yr 2020 or whatever their excuse is – it is what it is- have patience. God Bless you.

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline
On 6/5/2024 at 3:40 PM, RR159 said:

April visa issuance numbers came out yesterday: https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/Statistics/Immigrant-Statistics/MonthlyIVIssuances/APRIL 2024 - IV Issuances by FSC or Place of Birth and Visa Class.pdf

In the first 7 months of FY 2024, total family category visas issued so far = 85,250. Including AoS, it will be ~ 90k.

Ideally, by April, number of total family visa issued should have been = 226,000 x 7/12 = 131,833. So the visa issue process by NVC is behind by about 42k. 

F2B visa issue process is behind by at least 3k. To catch up and ensure full allotment by the year-end, about 2,800 F2B’s must be issued every month until September. That will require the PD to move quickly in the upcoming visa bulletins, right @Mr. Charlie Oppenheim?

Following up: did the visa office really listen to the advice above regarding F2B?

They needed to issue 2,800 F2B visas monthly. May: 1,554, June: 2,824. Catching up but slowly. :) July - September they have to issue 3,300 F2B’s per month. To do that PD need to move quickly.

The other interesting part is, of course, Dominican Republic. May to June F2B increased by 1,270. May to June F2B for DR increased by 1,212 (349 jump to 1,561 for DR). Fair to say all the increased visas went to one country.

A potential solution could be to issue family reunification parole to F2B applicants. This would allow them to wait in the U.S. and apply for an adjustment of status. Currently, embassies are overwhelmed by the number of applications, we can see the data that they have not done much, abd by processing adjustments of status could alleviate this burden. Additionally, this approach might even expedite green card approvals by eliminating the need for interviews.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline
25 minutes ago, mira2024 said:

A potential solution could be to issue family reunification parole to F2B applicants. This would allow them to wait in the U.S. and apply for an adjustment of status. Currently, embassies are overwhelmed by the number of applications, we can see the data that they have not done much, abd by processing adjustments of status could alleviate this burden. Additionally, this approach might even expedite green card approvals by eliminating the need for interviews.

Alert Type info
ALERT: DHS has temporarily paused the issuance of Advanced Travel Authorizations (ATA) for new CHNV beneficiaries while it undertakes a review of the supporter application process. USCIS continues to accept Form I-134A, however, no requests will be confirmed until the review of the supporter application process is complete. Beneficiaries who have already received an ATA should check their myUSCIS account for updates before making travel arrangements and prior to travel. Individuals with a valid ATA are permitted to travel. ATA processing will restart as soon as possible once this thorough review concludes.

https://www.uscis.gov/CHNV

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline

It would be unusual if there was.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline

End of the year.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.