Adventine

No foreigners, non-OFW Filipinos into the Philippines from March 20 to April 19

62 posts in this topic

On 3/17/2021 at 10:55 AM, delish said:

Geez... They should exempt those who are fully vaccinated.

There's no Quid Pro Quo for being vaccinated.  The reports I've seen show that the vaccine (any of them) does not make you immune.  You can still get in and spread it.  The 1 benefit to the vaccine is that if you get it, you won't get it as badly and be less likely to die from it.  So, you're still supposed to wear a mask and distance.  So don't look for any benefits to it outside that.

29 minutes ago, Skyman said:

There's no Quid Pro Quo for being vaccinated.  The reports I've seen show that the vaccine (any of them) does not make you immune.  You can still get in and spread it.  The 1 benefit to the vaccine is that if you get it, you won't get it as badly and be less likely to die from it.  So, you're still supposed to wear a mask and distance.  So don't look for any benefits to it outside that.

Actually research is showing that people who are vaccinated are unlikely to transmit it. This is in early studies in the last month or so but the data is encouraging. I think in another month or two this will be confirmed.  

The United States is now a country obsessed with the worship of its own ignorance.  Americans are proud of not knowing things.  They have reached a point where ignorance, is an actual virtue.  To reject the advice of experts is to assert autonomy, a way for Americans to insulate their increasingly fragile egos from ever being told they're wrong about anything.  It is a new Declaration of Independence: no longer do we hold these truths to be self-evident, we hold all truths to be self-evident, even the ones that arent true.  All things are knowable and every opinion on any subject is as good as any other.  The fundamental knowledge of the average American is now so low that it has crashed through the floor of "uninformed", passed "misinformed", on the way down, and now plummeting to "aggressively wrong."

6 hours ago, Adventine said:

Well................... the first leg of my domestic flight was cancelled because of bad weather, completely unrelated to the PH travel restrictions.

No others available that would allow me to make it on time to my flight Chicago-Tokyo and Tokyo-Manila before the travel ban starts in 9 hours in Manila as of this writing.

I think it was a blessing in disguise that the first leg of my trip was cancelled. Our biggest worry was that I would get on the flight Chicago-Tokyo and arrive in Tokyo late OR to the news that the travel ban changed again. Then I would have been stuck in Tokyo, without a valid Japanese visa OR a PCR test that would allow me to fly back to the US to wait out the travel ban.

Waiting to hear back from both my travel insurance company and the PH embassy about what else they can do. But I'm not optimistic.

Looks like all Filipinos are allow to enter now. Even foreigners traveling with a Filipino spouse. There is a memo put out by the IATF just now. Sorry can’t post the link at the moment. 

The United States is now a country obsessed with the worship of its own ignorance.  Americans are proud of not knowing things.  They have reached a point where ignorance, is an actual virtue.  To reject the advice of experts is to assert autonomy, a way for Americans to insulate their increasingly fragile egos from ever being told they're wrong about anything.  It is a new Declaration of Independence: no longer do we hold these truths to be self-evident, we hold all truths to be self-evident, even the ones that arent true.  All things are knowable and every opinion on any subject is as good as any other.  The fundamental knowledge of the average American is now so low that it has crashed through the floor of "uninformed", passed "misinformed", on the way down, and now plummeting to "aggressively wrong."

5 minutes ago, flicks1998 said:

Looks like all Filipinos are allow to enter now. Even foreigners traveling with a Filipino spouse. There is a memo put out by the IATF just now. Sorry can’t post the link at the moment. 

Where did you find it?

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

4 minutes ago, delish said:

Thanks, I guess they were  "joke lang."  Early for April Fools.

7 hours ago, Skyman said:

Huh?

CDC has issued a statement the vaccinated people can gather without masks

Im in Texas the dropped the mask order a few weeks ago

2 hours ago, Joe Kano said:

Huh?

CDC has issued a statement the vaccinated people can gather without masks

Im in Texas the dropped the mask order a few weeks ago

Well, that's a report newer than what I've seen.  I think the Texas change was due more to the numbers than the vaccine though they could be related.  Here in the Philippines they are way behind on vaccination and there has been no statement regarding anything about reduced restrictions for the vaccinated.  I did see a CDC video from a few days ago that said two families could gather together is one family was vaccinated but it still sounds like they are leery of it with good reason I think.  I hope it works and life can resume but it's still early.

https://www.facebook.com/JohnsHopkinsSPH/videos/1128122914277813/

I did just hear that Batangas is going into full lockdown on April 1.  Nothing official but a text from a friend who lives there.

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

It says,

"During the period of 0001H 22 March 2021 to 2359H April 2021, the travel of Filipinos and exempted foreign nationals shall be subject to the arrival quota set by the Department of Transportation." 

Unless they changed that quota, it was set at 1,500 total arrivals per day for the entire country.  If that quota remains, then it might as well still be a ban because any flights that aren't outright canceled will be putting passengers on standby due to the quota.  I don't see that PAL reactivated any of their canceled flights either.

The wife says her province just got put back on full lockdown status.  We moved our planned Peru trip up to late April.  Hopefully things would settle down a bit once they get past Holy Week.

I got my first Moderna Vax shot today.   No big deal at all.  My last tetanus shot stung allot more than the ronavax.  I notice a number of countries are seriously discussing lessening travel restrictions for vaccinated travelers.  Since the rona problem is part medical and part political, vaccination addresses both issues by lessening the medical impact and giving politicians political butt covering to say problem solved, mission accomplished, everyone can get back to normal.

Wife and Stepdaughter                                                                            

• December 17, 2020:  Married in Costa Rica
  • March 08, 2021: Filed l-130s Online
  • March 09, 2021: NOA1
  • April 26, 2021: NOA2, I-130s Approved
  • April 30, 2021: NVC Received
  • May 01, 2021: Pay AOS and IV Bills
  • May 06, 2021: Submit AOS, Financial Docs and DS-260s
  • May 14, 2021: Submit Civil Docs for Stepdaughter
  • May 21, 2021: Submit Civil Docs for Wife
  • June 25, 2021: NVC review for Stepdaughter, RFE submit additional Doc
  • July 08, 2021: Wife Documentarily Qualified by NVC
  • August 31, 2021: Stepdaughter Documentarily Qualified by NVC
  • September 15, 2021: Received Interview Date from NVC, October 05, 2021
  • September 22, 2021: Passed physicals at Saint Luke's Extension Clinic
  • October 05, 2021: Interview at US Embassy Manila. Verbally approved by US Consul. Positive interview experience.
  • October 05, 2021: CEAC status changed to "Issued"
  • October 07, 2021: Passports tracking for delivery on 2GO Courier website
  • October 08, 2021: Passports with visas delivered.  "Visas on hand"
  • October 08, 2021: Paid Immigrant Fee
  • October 12, 2021: Temporary CFO Certificates Received
  • October 26, 2021 POE arrival at LAX
  • November 02, 2021 Social Security Cards arrive in mail
  • January 31, 2022: USCIS Status changed to "Card Is Being Produced"
  • February 04, 2022: USCIS Status changed to "Card Was Mailed To Me"
  • February 07, 2022: Green cards received. 

6 hours ago, Joe Kano said:

Isn't that normal for the Philippines, always a day late and dollar short on everything......

No stock sir

June 25, 2022 - Married
June 28, 2022 - I-130 filed digitally

June 28, 2022 - NOA1 (Nebraska -> Vermont xfer)

June 8, 2023 - NOA2 (Vermont -> California xfer)
June 14, 2023 - At NVC

July 3, 2023 - NVC RFE

July 17, 2023 - NVC DQ

April 15, 2024 - IL

April 19, 2024 - Medical

May 23, 2024 - Interview

June 4, 2024 - CFO 
June 30, 2024 - Flight to US

On 3/20/2021 at 2:13 AM, top_secret said:

Hopefully things would settle down a bit once they get past Holy Week.

Think so?  Hopefully, but most likely Holy Week will result in another spike.

• 2 weeks later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.