WHYnow

Sign Petition to stop Calling Foreigners as Aliens in USA

78 posts in this topic

Dear All, 

We have file a petition that need to address the issue of calling foreigners as Aliens in United States. 

This has been used for a long time and almost everyone is not happy to be called ''Aliens'' and I think this need to stop, especially now that there is new government that respect dignity of all human being. Your part and mine is to sign this petition link below so we can push this change for generation to come. 

Thank you.

https://www.thepetitionsite.com/485/917/361/alien-end-the-word-in-united-states/

Note: Admin - Please you know the category this can be to boost our motives, appreciate your support to move/repost it if necessary. (Thank you) 

Edited by Ola MK

7 minutes ago, Ola MK said:

and I think this need to stop

Just a note that there is a proposed bill to change it. The bill is titled H.R. 1177 / S. 348.

https://lindasanchez.house.gov/sites/lindasanchez.house.gov/files/2021.02.18 US Citizenship Act Bill Text - SIGNED.pdf

https://www.menendez.senate.gov/imo/media/doc/USCitizenshipAct2021BillText.pdf

The federal government agencies follow the terms listed in federal law.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

I would imagine the number of Aliens who are non citizens is miniscule.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

3 minutes ago, HRQX said:

Just a note that there is a proposed bill to change it. The bill is titled H.R. 1177 / S. 348.

https://lindasanchez.house.gov/sites/lindasanchez.house.gov/files/2021.02.18 US Citizenship Act Bill Text - SIGNED.pdf

https://www.menendez.senate.gov/imo/media/doc/USCitizenshipAct2021BillText.pdf

The federal government agencies follow the terms listed in federal law.

Thank you sharing that information. Before the last quarter of 2016 Similar Bill has been going up and down until now and absolutely nothing has been done. However, I'm not sure if this is the same Bill that suffer in the Senate then was resubmitted now. 

Meanwhile, the pressure is on now and we should be part of it to address this issue - Let sign the petition and let the house continue with their Bill. I believed we shall all smile soon. 

1 hour ago, Mike E said:

I loved that my first green card said I was a resident alien.  

I’d show it to my kids and their friends and regale them with tails of my upbringing from another planet. I told them I was part of forward invasion force.  Their friends would return home to have nightmares.   

Seriously though, the term alien is from Latin like much of English (and thus, ironically it was probably due to an alien invasion of England in 1066 that the term made it into the lexicon). 

I will not be signing this petition.  It is just. a word. Get over it.  There are bigger problems like the backlog of immigration petitions that have a current priority date or that aliens have a hassle getting an SSN. 

Proud to have been a legal resident alien.  

Since you love the word Alien, I guess you as Alien have no right to complain about serious of backlog then. People get treated with the way they been classified. I'm sure the same government bills that's calling to remove such words know what people like me and millions of others are calling for.   

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Since the following is meaning of the word, what do you want USCIS to call you if not a USC yet?

and you think they are going thru all the expense of reissuing documenting  cards to remove the "alien" part of the Alien number?

noun

1. a foreigner, especially one who is not a naturalized citizen of the country where they are living.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.