2,947 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, monoxidelullaby said:

I had my interview on February 12th this year and finally this morning I got the update of new card being produced.

It was a long and tough journey but all I could say is that I am extremely grateful and happy about everything

good luck everyone!

IMG_0549 3.jpg

Congratulations  @monoxidelullaby...... So happy for you ✊🏾

Timeline
9 minutes ago, monoxidelullaby said:

I had my interview on February 12th this year and finally this morning I got the update of new card being produced.

It was a long and tough journey but all I could say is that I am extremely grateful and happy about everything

good luck everyone!

IMG_0549 3.jpg

Congratulations 🗽🇺🇸

Filed: IR-4 Country: Norway
Timeline

@Stillwinning!!!😊 @sandranj @Shroy123 @monoxidelullaby @isurvived @sheima I got this RFE after I submitted my application..though I have replied them since over 6 months now and have heard back from them ..my wife was the one that did the life insurance ,I didn’t have social security number to do anything so she’s the one doing everything..i barely could talk in the marriage she abuses me a lot mentally and physically,she hit me and also spits on me ..I have police report for her hitting me and I sent it to vermont with my application,but I think what they asking for here is good faith marriage .. we both use the same bank account together for like 8 months before she put in fake check into the account so that I could get into trouble and they had to close the account for fraud ..the life insurance she did it by herself and put my name ..but I dnt think she maintained it ..we also have couple of pictures together..the landlord gave us receipt sometimes his wife or children issues the receipt..I explained everything in the affidavit I sent back ...I didn’t have social security all through our marriage so there is limit to what I could do ...I have police report for the abuse and I also have people that wrote about our marriage and knowing about the abuse..i just hope all these Vermont people can just stop stressing people out ..but I am into this with them ..i love my wife but the abuse was too much ..everyday she beats me up and if I give her just one punch 🤜🏽 she will pass out I swear to God 😂😂😂😂😂cause am a trained boxer but I calmed down my temper ..I persevered all her abuse cause I was trying to abide with the law and I Summoned  courage to report to the cops and I got the Police report for the abuse ,she punched me on my nose 👃!! My nose was hot like someone is frying egg 🍳 on my nose 😂😂😂😂so this vermont people should stop making life difficult for people ..I know they always want to make life difficult for me but it’s me and them ..I will not relent..am ready to fight this till the end till I win cause I know we all own this country even most of those officers sitting down in Vermont are also immigrant so they need to stop making life difficult for us,is not easy to be living in America without no papers ,it will just make ones dream stagnant and most people are suffering from severe sadness cause of not having papers ,so all these guys at vermont needs to treat people’s cases professionally..they should stop putting people’s life on hold ,not everyone is strong mentally like us ..some people are not that strong mentally Dnt make life difficult for them cause you work in Vermont ..this country belongs to everybody not you immigration officers 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂 I cant just wait to get my passport and leave this route Mehn is so stressing and nerve wrecking 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂 they make it look like someone won’t die anymore if we get the green card 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂 as if the green card is heaven 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂
,all those Vermont officers needs to treat men case same as they treat women’s case ..stop making cases hard more for men ..have seen ladies thah dnt even have bank account and got approved so why are you stressing someone that have joint bank account and police report of abuse with over 200 pictures of the couple in different occasions!! I refuse to be down emotionally have come long way..am strong mentally so I no dey FHOR 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

3989EFBE-A0E4-4932-95EF-632B713353EC.thumb.jpeg.94c30ff88cbe37c2af97c5fe70f03549.jpeg

1EE3AFA1-A3A2-436D-A245-3AC458DB832E.jpeg

Timeline
6 minutes ago, FeDaniela said:

With all respect I think your point of view is not the right one. The Violence Against Women Act VAWA applies to all victims of domestic violence, irrespective of their gender. Nothing in the act denies services, programs, funding or assistance to male victims of violence. The bottom line is - violence is violence no matter what gender the victim. I have seem many men being approved with Vawa. USCIS go base on credible evidence and policy to everyone applying for this benefits, some cases takes a longer review or more evidence due to each case scenario. Nothing to do with personal matter or gender. 

If you say so ,I submitted police report with joint bank statement despite me not having social security number ,was still able to be on the joint bank account ..yet they still sending RFE,for me I think sometimes they Dnt know what they are doing ..yeah !! They just wanna make people loose their mind which can never happen to me ..this country belongs to everybody not immigration officers or police ..they make things worst in this country 

Edited by Blunt

4 hours ago, monoxidelullaby said:

good luck everyone!

IMG_0549 3.jpg

Congratulations 🥳🥳🍾

4 hours ago, monoxidelullaby said:

good luck everyone!

IMG_0549 3.jpg

Congratulations!!! 🎉🎈☀️🎊

would you mind sharing your timeline if that’s ok? Thanks!!!

2 hours ago, Blunt said:

@Stillwinning!!!😊 @sandranj @Shroy123 @monoxidelullaby @isurvived @sheima I got this RFE after I submitted my application..though I have replied them since over 6 months now and have heard back from them ..my wife was the one that did the life insurance ,I didn’t have social security number to do anything so she’s the one doing everything..i barely could talk in the marriage she abuses me a lot mentally and physically,she hit me and also spits on me ..I have police report for her hitting me and I sent it to vermont with my application,but I think what they asking for here is good faith marriage .. we both use the same bank account together for like 8 months before she put in fake check into the account so that I could get into trouble and they had to close the account for fraud ..the life insurance she did it by herself and put my name ..but I dnt think she maintained it ..we also have couple of pictures together..the landlord gave us receipt sometimes his wife or children issues the receipt..I explained everything in the affidavit I sent back ...I didn’t have social security all through our marriage so there is limit to what I could do ...I have police report for the abuse and I also have people that wrote about our marriage and knowing about the abuse..i just hope all these Vermont people can just stop stressing people out ..but I am into this with them ..i love my wife but the abuse was too much ..everyday she beats me up and if I give her just one punch 🤜🏽 she will pass out I swear to God 😂😂😂😂😂cause am a trained boxer but I calmed down my temper ..I persevered all her abuse cause I was trying to abide with the law and I Summoned  courage to report to the cops and I got the Police report for the abuse ,she punched me on my nose 👃!! My nose was hot like someone is frying egg 🍳 on my nose 😂😂😂😂so this vermont people should stop making life difficult for people ..I know they always want to make life difficult for me but it’s me and them ..I will not relent..am ready to fight this till the end till I win cause I know we all own this country even most of those officers sitting down in Vermont are also immigrant so they need to stop making life difficult for us,is not easy to be living in America without no papers ,it will just make ones dream stagnant and most people are suffering from severe sadness cause of not having papers ,so all these guys at vermont needs to treat people’s cases professionally..they should stop putting people’s life on hold ,not everyone is strong mentally like us ..some people are not that strong mentally Dnt make life difficult for them cause you work in Vermont ..this country belongs to everybody not you immigration officers 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂 I cant just wait to get my passport and leave this route Mehn is so stressing and nerve wrecking 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂 they make it look like someone won’t die anymore if we get the green card 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂 as if the green card is heaven 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂
,all those Vermont officers needs to treat men case same as they treat women’s case ..stop making cases hard more for men ..have seen ladies thah dnt even have bank account and got approved so why are you stressing someone that have joint bank account and police report of abuse with over 200 pictures of the couple in different occasions!! I refuse to be down emotionally have come long way..am strong mentally so I no dey FHOR 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

3989EFBE-A0E4-4932-95EF-632B713353EC.thumb.jpeg.94c30ff88cbe37c2af97c5fe70f03549.jpeg

Blunt, I suggest you rewrite your declaration 

2 hours ago, Blunt said:

Blunt, I suggest you rewrite  your personal declaration and if there is.any other documents you could send please send them. Start from how you met your wife, when you guys start dating how and when you proposed, when you got married to when you guys separated, making sure not to leave out any important details. Talk about when you guys opened your bank account. Explain all the things you guys had together eg lease, insurance, bills if your name was not on the bills explain in detail why your name was not on them an explain the abuse when it started what you dealt with. You have to paint a clear picture for them to understand remember they're human beings like us and they just want a clear understanding of what happened.

8 minutes ago, fullofluck said:

Congratulations!!! 🎉🎈☀️🎊

would you mind sharing your timeline if that’s ok? Thanks!!!

Thank you so much everyone!!

Marriage based I-485 filled June 2017

VAWA and I-485 filed August 2018
VAWA approved March 2020

I-485 in local office July 2020 (NYC, Queens)
Interview February 2021

Green card approved April 2021

I also traveled out of the country using my advance parole in 2019, I went to two European countries and stayed for  2 months, came back at JFK with no problems at all

5 hours ago, monoxidelullaby said:

good luck everyone!

IMG_0549 3.jpg

congrats , please post your time line if you dont mind

3 hours ago, Blunt said:

provide them what they are asking for. ask your family/friends to write affidavits for you, add pictures as much as you can, tax returns, housing details.

Timeline
2 hours ago, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

Looks like they’re only asking for good faith marriage here... that’s a good thing... you’re not being slapped with multiple RFEs! Go ahead and respond... you been here long and know what to do! I see you being approved soon so we can all have some peace!!😊

Thanks  I appreciate..we be hoping to hear back from them ..I already submitted it 

6 minutes ago, Shroy123 said:

provide them what they are asking for. ask your family/friends to write affidavits for you, add pictures as much as you can, tax returns, housing details.

We Dnt file tax ..so She Dnt have me in her tax but we have a joint bank account and some letters that we received in our house with same address and life insurance she did but got cancelled after 2 months cause she didn’t pay ..I have added affidavits from friends and family !! 

Edited by Blunt

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.