2,947 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
12 hours ago, GiftedHands said:

Hi everyone, 

I did my medicals 2 weeks ago and the civil surgeon Doctor told me i tested positive for Syphilis. I have updated medical records from Dec and i'm completely clean (No STIs) at all. I was so devastated as i don't have insurance and the doctor said i should take 3 shots of penicillin which cost $600 each. I have been separated from my husband since 2016 so i'm seeing someone currently who assured me that we are exclusive. I decided to go to an urgent care for second opinion testing and the result came out negative today. I'm confused, why will the civil surgeon tell me i'm positive and is forcing me to pay an additional $1800 for treatment after paying $625 for the Immigration medical? 

My question is; Since i don't trust this Dr, can i see a different civil surgeon with all my updated medical records? Will this current civil surgeon report me to immigration? Please i need candid advise on this as i have been freaking out for 2 weeks. How serious is having any of the STI/Ds?

@sandranj @TBoneTX @Stillwinning!!!😊 And anyone out there who can help answer this question. Please i need urgent help.

https://www.cdc.gov/immigrantrefugeehealth/civil-surgeons/syphilis.html?CDC_AA_refVal=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.cdc.gov%2Fimmigrantrefugeehealth%2Fexams%2Fti%2Fcivil%2Ftechnical-instructions%2Fcivil-surgeons%2Frequired-evaluation-components%2Fsyphilis.html

Please read through the link above- its the CDC guidelines about syphilis and has a lot of technical information about how it is to be handled. You need to have 2 tests both showing positive, if you do not know which tests were done or if you are sure you only did one test and they are saying you need treatment (and want you to pay for such before doing the second test) you can refer them to instructions from the CDC. You are also not obligated to use that Dr. You can find a new one and maybe should as it seems that Dr is focused on collecting as much fees as they can from you. 

Applicants with a positive (or reactive) nontreponemal screening test (i.e. RPR or VDRL) and a positive treponemal-specific confirmatory test are Class A for syphilis and will remain Class A until treated.
After completing treatment, they are classified as Class B

9 minutes ago, Villanelle said:

https://www.cdc.gov/immigrantrefugeehealth/civil-surgeons/syphilis.html?CDC_AA_refVal=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.cdc.gov%2Fimmigrantrefugeehealth%2Fexams%2Fti%2Fcivil%2Ftechnical-instructions%2Fcivil-surgeons%2Frequired-evaluation-components%2Fsyphilis.html

Please read through the link above- its the CDC guidelines about syphilis and has a lot of technical information about how it is to be handled. You need to have 2 tests both showing positive, if you do not know which tests were done or if you are sure you only did one test and they are saying you need treatment (and want you to pay for such before doing the second test) you can refer them to instructions from the CDC. You are also not obligated to use that Dr. You can find a new one and maybe should as it seems that Dr is focused on collecting as much fees as they can from you. 

Applicants with a positive (or reactive) nontreponemal screening test (i.e. RPR or VDRL) and a positive treponemal-specific confirmatory test are Class A for syphilis and will remain Class A until treated.
After completing treatment, they are classified as Class B

Thanks for the response and link. I already went to a different doctor for the test. The results came out negative (non reactive), the anti body testing is also negative (shows I've never had it). I will be going to another Civil surgeon to get my medicals done.

Filed: Timeline
13 hours ago, Precious100 said:

@Hritik Rohail, thank u dear. I tried contacting his office but they were not helpful. The guy that picked my call. Maybe I'll try again. Or do you know another senator's office in Dallas that can be of help ?  

https://whoismyrepresentative.com/

The above website is the easiest way to find your representatives. Just enter your zip code. You will have 2 Senators and 1 House of Representatives Member. It will link you to their respective websites as well. There you look for a link (usually under 'Services") for 'help with a Federal Agency".  Most have instructions on how to request help - a phone number or online submission form- as well as the privacy form you need to fill out for them to help you. 

Any of the 3 listed as your representatives can help you. Political party does not matter. Some are better then others when it comes to helping. You may also find your House of Rep Member is quicker to help as they serve a smaller area and the senators provide assistance to the entire state. 

Filed: Other Timeline
21 minutes ago, Villanelle said:

https://whoismyrepresentative.com/

The above website is the easiest way to find your representatives. Just enter your zip code. You will have 2 Senators and 1 House of Representatives Member. It will link you to their respective websites as well. There you look for a link (usually under 'Services") for 'help with a Federal Agency".  Most have instructions on how to request help - a phone number or online submission form- as well as the privacy form you need to fill out for them to help you. 

Any of the 3 listed as your representatives can help you. Political party does not matter. Some are better then others when it comes to helping. You may also find your House of Rep Member is quicker to help as they serve a smaller area and the senators provide assistance to the entire state. 

@Villanelle, Tnk u very much deary. I'll use the link to look for another  district senator to help...I appreciate 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hi all my Vawa peeps...I hope all is well with everyone ..has we wait for our approvals..well after waiting for so long since my i485 was transferred June 2019  to my local office...I  contacted my congressman many times and today I got an up date that my case is ready to schedule an interview. .I know the wait continues, but I am glad for this day  that there is movement. ..can anyone advice how long before interview date is schedule?...

On 3/25/2021 at 3:13 PM, John_ said:

I made two inquiries, the first one was August 2020 ( they said I would be scheduled for interview when a date becomes available).

The second inquiry was January 2021 When my congresswoman reached out to them we received a response that my interview was scheduled for 02/01/2021 but, I never received my interview letter, so they provide me with a copy. Then , we had a snowstorm in NYC and they canceled my interview 😂 and rescheduled it for 03/23/2021. 

Thank you so much for information.i really appreciate it.  Congratulations once again!!!!

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
10 hours ago, Aadi135 said:

As F1, we do not have option to keep two addresses as for mailing and physical. I guess it was more like i was living at his address but honestly i didnt. Many students like me keeping different address. I do not recall i ever filed G-325A form. USCI/School would have gone crazy keep changing my address. 

G-325A form is now merged into applications.  That is why applications went from 4 pages to 15 pages

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.