2,947 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Rosa Garcia said:

Good morning, I have just received an invitation for an interview in my local USCIS office. I live in Miami. Does anyone know how long I would have to wait for it? 

Case Was Transferred To Schedule An Interview

Can you share your timeline please?? I’m also in Miami and would like to know their time frame..

08/2017 - Married USC

09/2017 - Application for I-485, I-765, I-131

12/2017 - Approval  I-765, I-131

09/2018 Renewal application for I-765, I-131

04/2019 - I-485 interview scheduled 

04/2019 - I-485 denied, husband withdrew

05/2019 - Application for  I-360, I-485, I-765, I-131 

12/2019 EAD, AP approval

07/2020 EAD, AP renewal sent to Vermont

10/2020 EAD, AP Approval

11/2020 VAWA I-360 Approved (C31 produced)

01/2021 I-360 status changed to case approved

03/2021 - I-693 deficient notice from national benefit center

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline
On 3/19/2021 at 10:10 AM, Bshine said:

Can i apply for financial aid with PF? I also have my PF and I don’t know if I could get a financial aid with it and I will love to go back to school. Please I will appreciate your response.

You can apply for FAFSA using your Prima facie.

Timeline
On 3/22/2021 at 4:14 PM, peacefulFor said:

Hi, I am new here. Anyone who had Sept 2019 filing that got their approval?

Also, I have a daughter that is a derivative of my application we both filed I485 but she received an interview appointment already but our I360 has no approval yet. Should we attend or reschedule? 

Thank you all!

If you filed form I-485 prior to your I-360 then your daughter must attend the interview, despite they will not conduct the interview without your I485 approval, but it's advised to go there,  if you filed form I-485 along with your I-360 then your VAWA case was approved.

19 hours ago, John_ said:

Today I finally had my I-485 interview at Queens Field Office, NY. The officer was very nice and he only asked for my updated Medicals, my passport and a copy of my divorce decree. Then he told me that I should receive a letter in the mail in a week or two and right away my status changed to New Card is being produced.      

I’m so happy 😃 and thank you everyone for always be here helping each other. 🎉 🥳 🍾 

VAWA FILED- January, 29 2018

VAWA APPROVED- August, 13 2019

I-485 - interview- March, 23 2021(approved)

A3FB101B-3B68-4CC6-A5C4-E5800AA9C48C.thumb.jpeg.d96fd0185e61fc5552440f9cdfca19eb.jpeg

Congrats 🎊 

Timeline
On 3/21/2021 at 11:15 PM, God is a good God said:

Hey vj family. Just a weird question. Can having a child disqualify you from vawa? (Not getting married). My girlfriend and I have been thinking about having a baby and getting married after my vawa is approved. Can a baby disqualify me from vawa? My vawa is pending

Having a child won't be a problem for your VAWA case, but it  might be for your I-485 because it doesn't sit well with USCIS when  the person remarries  just a  few months after the divorce(6/18 months). I hope your future wife has a green card because you won't be able to sponsor her for at least 5 years.

Timeline
On 3/21/2021 at 12:39 AM, Salyeen said:

Hey family, I have a question my ex call ice on me when they came they didn’t do anything to me after i explained the whole situation? My lawyer told that I just won the case because he will take a letter from ice , any recommendations??? I had my EAD that why didn’t do anything 

ICE will not deport you with a pending VAWA, just show them proof  that you have a pending case.I couldn't understand the part "My lawyer told that I just won the case because he will take a letter from ice", sorry but it doesn't make sense your sentence.

Timeline
On 3/19/2021 at 3:44 PM, Fishy89 said:

hello everyone ! 
i know you are sick of me and my case but i need help !!!
I submitted a request to my congressman asking for EAD expedition !! 
And this is what he replied to me !!! 
anyone has explanation for this !! 
360 pending since February 2018 please anyone get a response like this before regarding EAD renewal ! 

thanks 

6C824AB6-7FBF-4472-85C3-B6526FEC9D5D.jpeg

You or your attorney filed  form I-765 with the wrong category.It must  be category C9 and not C31, they can't process the EAD category C31 before VAWA approval.

Filed: Other Timeline
45 minutes ago, sandranj said:

If you filed form I-485 prior to your I-360 then your daughter must attend the interview, despite they will not conduct the interview without your I485 approval, but it's advised to go there,  if you filed form I-485 along with your I-360 then your VAWA case was approved.

Yes, I filed my I-485 together with my I-360 Sept 2019. Daughter's I-485 filed May 2020. No updates on my 360 and 485 since filing. 

Hi,

I recently received my EAD c09 combo card about 3 weeks ago. Can someone let me know how to enquire about the ssn? How long does it typically take to receive ssn after ead. I contacted the ssn office but they're saying since i dont have an ssn number, they can't look me up. 

Also, any idea on the what months Vawa division is processing cases on? I'm a september 2019 filer and I think i saw a few august 2019 approvals not too long ago.

1 hour ago, sandranj said:

ICE will not deport you with a pending VAWA, just show them proof  that you have a pending case.I couldn't understand the part "My lawyer told that I just won the case because he will take a letter from ice", sorry but it doesn't make sense your sentence.

Because the one call the ice on me is my ex 

and telling them lies stuff about me 

Good morning everyone!

has anyone had an experience with the immigration medical exam where the civil surgeon marked that you “do not meet immunization requirements” for not having a Tetanus shot (which he DID give me himself, but said that there should be a series of shots given with some time interval, not all at once)

I saw that he marked me “not meeting the immunization requirements” on the copy that he gave me and that was after I already filed the medical to the USCIS.

now I can’t get peace, thinking that they will deny my i485.

this journey has been so difficult for me, I keep getting some problems that delay my Greencard, I am about to just give up😫

Filed: Other Timeline
2 hours ago, RD31 said:

Hi,

I recently received my EAD c09 combo card about 3 weeks ago. Can someone let me know how to enquire about the ssn? How long does it typically take to receive ssn after ead. I contacted the ssn office but they're saying since i dont have an ssn number, they can't look me up. 

Also, any idea on the what months Vawa division is processing cases on? I'm a september 2019 filer and I think i saw a few august 2019 approvals not too long ago.

If you requested on your EAD application for a SSN to be issued you should automatically receive it thru mail. My daughter got her C09 EAD last year but took almost a month to receive the SS card in the mail. I requested an appointment to SSA but they never called and the card just mysteriously appear in our mailbox. 

On 3/23/2021 at 11:50 AM, John_ said:

Today I finally had my I-485 interview at Queens Field Office, NY. The officer was very nice and he only asked for my updated Medicals, my passport and a copy of my divorce decree. Then he told me that I should receive a letter in the mail in a week or two and right away my status changed to New Card is being produced.      

I’m so happy 😃 and thank you everyone for always be here helping each other. 🎉 🥳 🍾 

VAWA FILED- January, 29 2018

VAWA APPROVED- August, 13 2019

I-485 - interview- March, 23 2021(approved)

A3FB101B-3B68-4CC6-A5C4-E5800AA9C48C.thumb.jpeg.d96fd0185e61fc5552440f9cdfca19eb.jpeg

Congrats and as we say in my language, ire a kari o (meaning the good fortune will reach/spread to all of us). Now you can sleep peacefully John, praise God for you, I can understand how long the journey has been.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
On 3/23/2021 at 2:50 PM, FeDaniela said:

I will take as a good news. Supervisor make the final decision, at the end final closure with approval is what we look forward too. 

Hi FeDaniela,

Case was updated 

today saying  Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview. .Even though the wait continues this is good new....❤👏🙌

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.