2,947 posts in this topic

Timeline
5 hours ago, Precious100 said:

My dear VJF, I just want to use this opportunity to thank God and everyone who has ben a support to me in this journey. I was depressed, frustrated, life had no meaning, had only 30 days to leave the country but a friend introduced me to this group. I had no lawyer, couldn't even afford one but the wonderful people I met her encouraged me and told me what to do. I summoned courage and sent in my vawa.

Today it is a history, I went to my485 interview today. The African American lady  IO was so nice.  Only asked my name, DOB, parents name and yes/no questions which I wrongly answered yes o the paper on 2 questions, Imagine. So verbally I answered no cos I don't smuggle arms and dont belong to any terrorist group but in my 485 I answer yes( only God knows what was going on in my mid when I was filing my 485 last year, though I don't even blame myself cos then life was meaningless and don't know what net to do with myself)

"So the lady laughed and said I understand, go ahead and put your initials on your new answer which is no". So I did and thanked her. She told me we are through with the interview so I thanked her and left. She didn't ask me anything about my vawa. I didn't stay there more than 5 mins. 

New Card Is Being Produced

On June 3, 2021, we ordered your new card for Receipt Number  EAC ....and will mail it to the address you gave us. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

I sincerely wanna thank  awesome, selfless, patient people I met here that has been such a blessing to me @Stillwinning!!!😊, @sandranj, @Pinkrlion, @sheima, @Demise, @Brooklyn Guy, @FeDaniela, @TBoneTX for his jokes and so many others I can't even list all. Thank you guys and God bless.

Congratulations 🗽🇺🇸

Filed: Other Timeline
3 hours ago, Koi1 said:

I have a question, i had a consultation with a VAWA specific lawyer for last week which i had booked a long time ago. When i talked to her she said to me that i have a strong case. 

i am in removal and one of my main concerns is getting a work permit while in the waiting game because i had to wait for a long time to get i130 approved and i still don’t have work permit. 

she said to me that she will file whole package together, i360, i485 and work permit. She said she has represented so many people in removal for vawa and that she has knowledge of these things and that vawa is the exception to the rule and that i can get a work permit while in removal still straight from vermont. She also said that can usually get people out of removal with just a receipt for vawa or prima facie because again VAWA  is the only exception for these kind of things. 

The only thing stopping me from going with her is her fees are crazy. $10,000 cash and upto $15,000 with payment plan. 

how true is this information for the people who have been through this process? 

This lawyer is wayyyyy tooooo expensive 

which state are you in?

48 minutes ago, dreamer1 said:

This lawyer is wayyyyy tooooo expensive 

which state are you in?

I’m in Utah but she is from another state. She calls herself vawa queen. There’s another lawyer in my state that goes for $4,000 for full representation for removal and vawa adjustment. But she is telling me i need to wait until vawa approval for work permit. Which is like 2 years wait right now

8 hours ago, Precious100 said:

My dear VJF, I just want to use this opportunity to thank God and everyone who has ben a support to me in this journey. I was depressed, frustrated, life had no meaning, had only 30 days to leave the country but a friend introduced me to this group. I had no lawyer, couldn't even afford one but the wonderful people I met her encouraged me and told me what to do. I summoned courage and sent in my vawa.

Today it is a history, I went to my485 interview today. The African American lady  IO was so nice.  Only asked my name, DOB, parents name and yes/no questions which I wrongly answered yes o the paper on 2 questions, Imagine. So verbally I answered no cos I don't smuggle arms and dont belong to any terrorist group but in my 485 I answer yes( only God knows what was going on in my mid when I was filing my 485 last year, though I don't even blame myself cos then life was meaningless and don't know what net to do with myself)

"So the lady laughed and said I understand, go ahead and put your initials on your new answer which is no". So I did and thanked her. She told me we are through with the interview so I thanked her and left. She didn't ask me anything about my vawa. I didn't stay there more than 5 mins. 

On June 3, 2021, we ordered your new card for Receipt Number  EAC ....and will mail it to the address you gave us. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

I sincerely wanna thank  awesome, selfless, patient people I met here that has been such a blessing to me @Stillwinning!!!😊, @sandranj, @Pinkrlion, @sheima, @Demise, @Brooklyn Guy, @FeDaniela, @TBoneTX for his jokes and so many others I can't even list all. Thank you guys and God bless.

Can you please share your timeline story? and congrats 

32 minutes ago, Sk N said:

Can you please share your timeline story? and congrats 

@Stillwinning!!!😊 @sandranj Below is the affidavit my aunt came up with to address the disparity with her divorce documents. Please kindly advise. Thanks 

Following the request for further evidence served to me by USCIS detailing  other essential documents needed to reach a decision in my case, I consulted with my legal representative in Nigeria to address the concern raised by USCIS as regards to the divorce document served to me by my ex husband. My legal representative reviewed the notice served by USCIS vis-a-vis the divorce documents and centered her expertise on USCIS request for Divorce Absolute. Given her expertise, my counsel requested for the copy of the initial divorce documents served by my ex husband, launched a private investigation and determined that my ex husband sought the said divorce in a customary court and that he represented himself throughout the proceedings. Although my counsel determined that the documentation from the customary court were valid, however she concluded that they in fact did not meet the requirement outlined and for the purpose emphasized by USCIS. Specifically, my counsel deduced that my ex husband was represented pro se and most likely had no legal expert input before filing the said divorce in the Customary court. Furtherance to my counsel’s discovery, she deemed it necessary to liaise with my ex husband to get more details about the divorce.    Accordingly, after successfully meeting with my ex husband, my ex husband availed to my counsel that he had issues remarrying when he wanted to do so sometimes last year owing to the fact that the court wouldn’t grant his union to his new found fiancée on the account that his divorce with me was not properly done. The foregoing discovery led to him (my ex husband) recruiting the expertise of an attorney and representing his divorce case against me to a higher court. According to the copy of the divorce documents which my ex husband told my counsel he had served to my last known address in Nigeria and copy of the same presented to my counsel, it reported that my ex husband filed and obtained a ruling on the Divorce NISI and Divorce Absolute in October and December of 2020 consecutively. 

I would like to submit that my reliance on the divorce documents sought, obtained and served to me by my ex husband was done in good faith believing the same to be true, valid and most of all biding and it was what I relied on before I remarried my now ex husband in the United States. I submit under the penalty of perjury that the foregoing is true and was not done with the intent to circumvent immigration procedures. I ask that the adjudicating officer give credence to the fact that this error was not willful or done with disregard to due process. This error took its toll on my ex husband which made him realize he needed to amend the error and the said error was amended before the reviewing officer made the request. To this end, I want to appeal that my application be reviewed judiciously and the error resulting from my ex husband’s doing of a professional job he wasn’t trained to do be overlooked in reaching a decision in my case. I have suffered gruesomely in the hands of the two men that pretended to love and cared for me and my children but only treated me like an animal and I do not have any intention of going back to them. 

The foregoing statement is written under the penalty of perjury.

4 minutes ago, Weldonboy said:

@Stillwinning!!!😊 @sandranj Below is the affidavit my aunt came up with to address the disparity with her divorce documents. Please kindly advise. Thanks 

Following the request for further evidence served to me by USCIS detailing  other essential documents needed to reach a decision in my case, I consulted with my legal representative in Nigeria to address the concern raised by USCIS as regards to the divorce document served to me by my ex husband. My legal representative reviewed the notice served by USCIS vis-a-vis the divorce documents and centered her expertise on USCIS request for Divorce Absolute. Given her expertise, my counsel requested for the copy of the initial divorce documents served by my ex husband, launched a private investigation and determined that my ex husband sought the said divorce in a customary court and that he represented himself throughout the proceedings. Although my counsel determined that the documentation from the customary court were valid, however she concluded that they in fact did not meet the requirement outlined and for the purpose emphasized by USCIS. Specifically, my counsel deduced that my ex husband was represented pro se and most likely had no legal expert input before filing the said divorce in the Customary court. Furtherance to my counsel’s discovery, she deemed it necessary to liaise with my ex husband to get more details about the divorce.    Accordingly, after successfully meeting with my ex husband, my ex husband availed to my counsel that he had issues remarrying when he wanted to do so sometimes last year owing to the fact that the court wouldn’t grant his union to his new found fiancée on the account that his divorce with me was not properly done. The foregoing discovery led to him (my ex husband) recruiting the expertise of an attorney and representing his divorce case against me to a higher court. According to the copy of the divorce documents which my ex husband told my counsel he had served to my last known address in Nigeria and copy of the same presented to my counsel, it reported that my ex husband filed and obtained a ruling on the Divorce NISI and Divorce Absolute in October and December of 2020 consecutively. 

I would like to submit that my reliance on the divorce documents sought, obtained and served to me by my ex husband was done in good faith believing the same to be true, valid and most of all biding and it was what I relied on before I remarried my now ex husband in the United States. I submit under the penalty of perjury that the foregoing is true and was not done with the intent to circumvent immigration procedures. I ask that the adjudicating officer give credence to the fact that this error was not willful or done with disregard to due process. This error took its toll on my ex husband which made him realize he needed to amend the error and the said error was amended before the reviewing officer made the request. To this end, I want to appeal that my application be reviewed judiciously and the error resulting from my ex husband’s doing of a professional job he wasn’t trained to do be overlooked in reaching a decision in my case. I have suffered gruesomely in the hands of the two men that pretended to love and cared for me and my children but only treated me like an animal and I do not have any intention of going back to them. 

i actually was asking the timeline of your petition to be approved? like when you applied and when was it approved. 

10 minutes ago, Weldonboy said:

As long as she provides what USCIS is requesting, your aunt will be fine! The affidavit seems to address/provide explanation to the issues raised..the most important thing is that it should bring closure..it is left for USCIS to make the decision using their discretion!👍

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
9 hours ago, Precious100 said:

COngrats!!!!!

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
1 hour ago, Weldonboy said:

Did she obtain a copy of the Divorce Absolute?  When did she marry US Citizen?  Since her divorce was not finalized until December 2020, she was not legally free to marry US Citizen.  

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

10 hours ago, Precious100 said:

Congratulations dear🥳🍾🗽

Hi everyone!

I just got an update from my lawyer that we received an RFE for Medical for 485. I want to know what should I be expected for the Medicals. I was reading the Medical form 693 and they ask for Vaccination history for various vaccines. I do not have any record of vaccines that I took back in my home country. Do I need to take them all here when I visit the Medical officer. How long will it take for them to process my Medical?

Any tips that I should keep in mind while we respond to this RFE?

Also, does this mean there wont be interview? Its been processed from NYC. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Norway
Timeline
1 hour ago, coldplay919 said:

Hi everyone!

I just got an update from my lawyer that we received an RFE for Medical for 485. I want to know what should I be expected for the Medicals. I was reading the Medical form 693 and they ask for Vaccination history for various vaccines. I do not have any record of vaccines that I took back in my home country. Do I need to take them all here when I visit the Medical officer. How long will it take for them to process my Medical?

Any tips that I should keep in mind while we respond to this RFE?

Also, does this mean there wont be interview? Its been processed from NYC. 

Medicals will involve a full vaccination- you possibly need to re-do if you cant get your records from home country, else if you do, they may suffice. They also do bloodwork for Tuberculosis  and other communicable diseases. I think it takes a week or so to get everything done.
You need to send in your medicals to USCIS in a sealed envelope. 

Can’t comment on the interview part but some folks here have being getting approvals without interviews. 

Edited by Sparkle✨

10 hours ago, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

Congratulations my darling! So very happy for you!🎈🎉🎊🍾🌹🎈😃

@Stillwinning!!!😊, Tnk u dear, tnks for all your input as well

9 hours ago, Brooklynguy1 said:

Congratulations 🎊🎈🎉 🗽✈️

@Brooklynguy1, Thank you dear

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.