2,947 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Timeline

Hey fam👋 I hope everyone is doing well. 

Anyways,  I called USCIS earlier today to get some information.

So I gave the Agent my A number instead of my Receipt number.  Just to find out if I needed  to file another I-485 since my ex wife threatened me that she’s got pull it because she wanted me to get deported.  

So my question is, would the agent still be able to see the existing receipt number if my ex-wife really withdrawn the petition?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Norway
Timeline
2 hours ago, Chei-360 said:

i 485 Update

Guys something Just !!!

I reached out to my congressman in April, I received their response in the email today.

With attached copy of RFE for medical to be sent to local Newark.

this was sent to my old address since March 25th😪 lost in the mail I guess.

I am preparing to go mail it now.

my questions is that my medicals was done on March 7 2020, please is it still valid, can i still use it, because i saw 60days somewhere before.

please advise me before I go mail it.

the RFE expires on 6/21😵 just 19days left

I am just thankful that I got the response beofre too late.

Please advise thank you.

Have you done your annual physical checkup for this year already?

If not, you can look for a doctor who will do the medicals and bill insurance as annual physical. That way you’ll be saving money. I personally paid $40 out of pocket and insurance paid the rest. 

Edited by Strife

2 minutes ago, Strife said:

If not, you can look for a doctor who will do the medicals and bill insurance as annual physical. That way you’ll be saving money. I personally paid $40 out of pocket and insurance paid the rest. 

Yea... My Dr used my annual physicals as well

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Norway
Timeline
27 minutes ago, Dane100 said:

So I gave the Agent my A number instead of my Receipt number.  Just to find out if I needed  to file another I-485 since my ex wife threatened me that she’s got pull it because she wanted me to get deported.  

So my question is, would the agent still be able to see the existing receipt number if my ex-wife really withdrawn the petition?

So you will have a single A number that will identify all petitions you file either yourself or for which you are a beneficiary. 
so yes, the agent will be able to see every petition regardless if it was withdrawn or not. 

34 minutes ago, Strife said:

So you will have a single A number that will identify all petitions you file either yourself or for which you are a beneficiary. 
so yes, the agent will be able to see every petition regardless if it was withdrawn or not. 

So how would I know whether or not it was withdrawn?So how would I know whether or not it was withdrawn?

42 minutes ago, Strife said:

Yes, I just got back from the doctor. She said my blood work done in March is valid for 2years. she is going to update the signature.

Thank you all

56 minutes ago, Dane100 said:

If you already filed I-360, USCIS customer service must follow Vawa privacy and confidentiality provision. Your Alien # is connected to all your receipt, they are not suppose to provide information over the phone.  

2 minutes ago, FeDaniela said:

If you already filed I-360, USCIS customer service must follow Vawa privacy and confidentiality provision. Your Alien # is connected to all your receipt, they are not suppose to provide information over the phone.  

Well my I-360 is approved. She provided me with the receipt number for my I-485  that is aligned with my A number.  I checked the receipt number on the Uscis app. It says my fingerprint fee was waived since 2018 and nothing else. So I’m still wondering if my ex-wife had withdrawn the petition? 

Just now, Dane100 said:

Well my I-360 is approved. She provided me with the receipt number for my I-485  that is aligned with my A number.  I checked the receipt number on the Uscis app. It says my fingerprint fee was waived since 2018 and nothing else. So I’m still wondering if my ex-wife had withdrawn the petition? 

I guess not, it would've said denied. 

10 minutes ago, Dane100 said:

I think your i131 can be withdrawn not i485. So i485 might still be active and can be used 

1 minute ago, Precious100 said:

My dear VJF, I just want to use this opportunity to thank God and everyone who has ben a support to me in this journey. I was depressed, frustrated, life had no meaning, had only 30 days to leave the country but a friend introduced me to this group. I had no lawyer, couldn't even afford one but the wonderful people I met her encouraged me and told me what to do. I summoned courage and sent in my vawa.

Today it is a history, I went to my485 interview today. The African American lady  IO was so nice.  Only asked my name, DOB, parents name and yes/no questions which I wrongly answered yes o the paper on 2 questions, Imagine. So verbally I answered no cos I don't smuggle arms and dont belong to any terrorist group but in my 485 I answer yes( only God knows what was going on in my mid when I was filing my 485 last year, though I don't even blame myself cos then life was meaningless and don't know what net to do with myself)

"So the lady laughed and said I understand, go ahead and put your initials on your new answer which is no". So I did and thanked her. She told me we are through with the interview so I thanked her and left. She didn't ask me anything about my vawa. I didn't stay there more than 5 mins. 

New Card Is Being Produced

On June 3, 2021, we ordered your new card for Receipt Number  EAC ....and will mail it to the address you gave us. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

I sincerely wanna thank  awesome, selfless, patient people I met here that has been such a blessing to me @Stillwinning!!!😊, @sandranj, @Pinkrlion, @sheima, @Demise, @Brooklyn Guy, @FeDaniela, @TBoneTX for his jokes and so many others I can't even list all. Thank you guys and God bless.

Congratulations I know this amazing feeling. God is good. Enjoy your new journey 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Precious100 said:

Bless you!  Life IS fair.  You can now look ahead to much better times. :) 

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

6 minutes ago, Precious100 said:

My dear VJF, I just want to use this opportunity to thank God and everyone who has ben a support to me in this journey. I was depressed, frustrated, life had no meaning, had only 30 days to leave the country but a friend introduced me to this group. I had no lawyer, couldn't even afford one but the wonderful people I met her encouraged me and told me what to do. I summoned courage and sent in my vawa.

Today it is a history, I went to my485 interview today. The African American lady  IO was so nice.  Only asked my name, DOB, parents name and yes/no questions which I wrongly answered yes o the paper on 2 questions, Imagine. So verbally I answered no cos I don't smuggle arms and dont belong to any terrorist group but in my 485 I answer yes( only God knows what was going on in my mid when I was filing my 485 last year, though I don't even blame myself cos then life was meaningless and don't know what net to do with myself)

"So the lady laughed and said I understand, go ahead and put your initials on your new answer which is no". So I did and thanked her. She told me we are through with the interview so I thanked her and left. She didn't ask me anything about my vawa. I didn't stay there more than 5 mins. 

On June 3, 2021, we ordered your new card for Receipt Number  EAC ....and will mail it to the address you gave us. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

I sincerely wanna thank  awesome, selfless, patient people I met here that has been such a blessing to me @Stillwinning!!!😊, @sandranj, @Pinkrlion, @sheima, @Demise, @Brooklyn Guy, @FeDaniela, @TBoneTX for his jokes and so many others I can't even list all. Thank you guys and God bless.

Congratulations 👏🏾... 

18 minutes ago, FeDaniela said:

Congratulations I know this amazing feeling. God is good. Enjoy your new journey 

@FeDaniela, tnk u dear

18 minutes ago, TBoneTX said:

Bless you!  Life IS fair.  You can now look ahead to much better times. :) 

@TBoneTX, tnk u dear

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.