2,947 posts in this topic

Timeline
53 minutes ago, isurvived said:

Still hoping you'll get a positive response soon dear. Keep pressing your congressperson/senator. 

Thanks me too! I have no idea why the immigration office here provides such a poor service. It is very different in Europe - where waiting for an immigration benefit for 3 months is considered a delay. Here it takes years, sometimes decades!! yeah my congressperson reached out to them 4 times. Once they responded that the file is in transit to the field office - which does not make any sense to me. The senator reached out 3 times but they haven't responded

41 minutes ago, i-need-help-pls said:

Hello family, I'm 2018 filler after waiting for 32 months. I got copy of RFE from my attorney today. 

TERMINATION  OF PRIOR MARRIAGE(S) 

Please submit proof of the legal termination of the marriage of you and ( my first wife name ) i.e My first marriage in my country.

Examples of such evidence may include, but are not limited to; 

* A final (absolute) divorce decree  ;

* Death Certificate; 

* Annulment. 

My first ex-wife filled for divorced in my country and my brother was there to represent me. I got original copy of the divorce and I have submitted it in 2018 with the VAWA application. The word FINAL (ABSOLUTE) or DIVORCE DECREE was not written in the divorce but they wrote DISSOLVE at the end of the divorce and it was done in Customary Court and the same place we did our marriage back home. 

I have another divorce here in US with my abuser in  November 2018 after I sent VAWA application.  

What can I do now ?

Anyone with this kind of situation please advise.  Thanks 

is this RFE strictly asked for your first divorce or second ? as far as i know, you really do not need to be divorced to apply for vawa if you do then within 2 years of divorce. 

2 hours ago, Nasforuon1y said:

Thanks for your reply much appreciated , It is almost 3 years and I've been patiently waiting and I can wait.

Here  my question is did any one from our form got 2nd time interview for I-485 vawa based and is there any chance they can deny I-485?

USCIS can pretty much do what they have to..and yes, there are some cases of denial.👍

3 hours ago, sheima said:

It takes 90 to 120 days to get a decision after interview 

Thank you for your reply.

3 hours ago, lolaB998 said:

You can definitely contact your congressman. Most of them will reach out to USCIS 30 days after the interview. That being said, I am now 130 days after the interview... The interview went well, however, after that USCIS just keeps ignoring my follow up requests, letters from the lawyer, inquiries from my congressman and senator - I am not sure what is causing the delay but a lot of people are waiting for updates, and I am not sure what the reason is. Good luck!

Thank you for your advice i will wait like a week or 2 and will start to reach out to them Hope they wont get mad at me for asking for a decision and denied my case just out of spike 

2 hours ago, isurvived said:

I understand your frustration knowing that we had our interview same day and same FO and my decision came in 2 days ago. However I want you to stay away from negativity and hope for the best in everything. I believe you'll hear back soon. They are probably trying to complete last minute verifications.

And no im just in a worry im so happy that you got that approval, and the only reason why i wanna have an answer is that im waiting for that approval for the past 6 years and i just want to be able to move and finally have a safe and normal life, also i have been offered a job for the city that will bring me security and stability and i don't wanna lose that opportunity. Also im also worried about my citation and how that may or may not affect my case.

Filed: Other Country: Ghana
Timeline
1 hour ago, Sk N said:

is this RFE strictly asked for your first divorce or second ? as far as i know, you really do not need to be divorced to apply for vawa if you do then within 2 years of divorce. 

First Divorce.  

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
10 minutes ago, i-need-help-pls said:

First Divorce.  

What country was your divorce done (the first one ) ? Let me guess Nigeria 

3 hours ago, Sk N said:

can you guys share what was asked during interview ? thank you 

1. Confirm my name, place of birth, date of birth ( IO was surprised that my case is back from 2015 ) 

2. Are you divorced ?(answer: Yes) He started asking questions about my ex spouse

7. Please confirm the address you lived with your spouse. 

8. Asked for my Government issued ID'S

9. When was your last entry into the United States.

10. Then he asked info about my spouse (dob, where he was born, is he a citizen?, how long we lived together, where and when did we separate,  when last did he contact me, what did he say?) 

11. Asked all the Yes and No questions. 

At the end of the interview the IO said i dint see any issues with your case and i don't think i will need additional documents but still your case has to be reviewed and we will mail you our decision or if you need anything please look for mail from USCIS.

He asked more questions, but that's all I can remember. He asked me if I've ever been arrested cited or detained and i said yes i have a citation explain the citation and gave him the deposition of the citation. Just like @isurvived (my ex has multiple arrest records online and a few restraining orders from multiple people including his parents). 

Goodluck 

10 minutes ago, i-need-help-pls said:

First Divorce.  

okay, then submit it, make sure it is in english translation and also it would be better if you can send your second divorce decree too. 

1 hour ago, Sk N said:

You do not need to be divorced from your current spouse to file vawa, but you do need to  properly terminate  previous marriages to be eligible for marriage to the current spouse..that’s basically the reason USCIS requests such evidence!👍

Just now, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

You do not need to be divorced from your current spouse to file vawa, but you do need to  properly terminate  previous marriages to be eligible for marriage to the current spouse..that’s basically the reason USCIS requests such evidence!👍

thank you for clearing , how about annulment ? 

Filed: Other Country: Ghana
Timeline
5 minutes ago, Sk N said:

okay, then submit it, make sure it is in english translation and also it would be better if you can send your second divorce decree too. 

Okay, Thanks 

2 minutes ago, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

An annulment voids the marriage...bringing you back to ’never married’ status.👍

i think i have the concerns of my own petition. my ex has sent me annulment under fraud for immigration 😕 i sent the counterclaim it has been three months he still did not respond. any advise will be appreciated. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.