2,947 posts in this topic

Timeline
17 minutes ago, ridimic1 said:

pls as a vawa petitioner whose vawa is approved,

can i buy a house?

would i be approved for a loan without the GC? 

Any1 bought a house recently/?

What doc did u use....PF?

please help

You are more than qualified, proving you have a social security number some lenders (not all of them) will approve you a  loan for house, car, business 

Timeline
47 minutes ago, Apolo said:

Good afternoon VJ Family I apologizes for asking this question but is it ok to make an inquiry with my congressman if 2 month after my AOS interview I still don’t have an answer? The last update on my case is that the Interview was completed my case must be reviewed. At the date of the interview I asked the IO if my case will be denied or approved and if they need anything else from me and he said that; At this point I don’t need any other documents from you and that he didn’t see anything wrong or concerns in regards to my case but for him to make a decision he will need to to review my case and also the supervisor will probably  have to review the case as well?  Can save one please advice will it be ok to contact the congressman or to make an inquiry I just don’t wanna piss them off and get my case denied. 

It takes 90 to 120 days to get a decision after interview 

Edited by sheima

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
27 minutes ago, ridimic1 said:

pls as a vawa petitioner whose vawa is approved,

can i buy a house?

would i be approved for a loan without the GC? 

Any1 bought a house recently/?

What doc did u use....PF?

please help

You have to be a LPR to obtain a federal  home loan.  If you are trying to get a private unsubsidized loan, you can.  You have to check with the lender.  

Edited by Pinkrlion

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

Timeline
52 minutes ago, Apolo said:

Good afternoon VJ Family I apologizes for asking this question but is it ok to make an inquiry with my congressman if 2 month after my AOS interview I still don’t have an answer? The last update on my case is that the Interview was completed my case must be reviewed. At the date of the interview I asked the IO if my case will be denied or approved and if they need anything else from me and he said that; At this point I don’t need any other documents from you and that he didn’t see anything wrong or concerns in regards to my case but for him to make a decision he will need to to review my case and also the supervisor will probably  have to review the case as well?  Can save one please advice will it be ok to contact the congressman or to make an inquiry I just don’t wanna piss them off and get my case denied. 

You can definitely contact your congressman. Most of them will reach out to USCIS 30 days after the interview. That being said, I am now 130 days after the interview... The interview went well, however, after that USCIS just keeps ignoring my follow up requests, letters from the lawyer, inquiries from my congressman and senator - I am not sure what is causing the delay but a lot of people are waiting for updates, and I am not sure what the reason is. Good luck!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
24 minutes ago, lolaB998 said:

You can definitely contact your congressman. Most of them will reach out to USCIS 30 days after the interview. That being said, I am now 130 days after the interview... The interview went well, however, after that USCIS just keeps ignoring my follow up requests, letters from the lawyer, inquiries from my congressman and senator - I am not sure what is causing the delay but a lot of people are waiting for updates, and I am not sure what the reason is. Good luck!

Same here my interview was 3 weeks back and still no update.

Timeline
20 hours ago, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

I understand how you feel..but this situation is not unusual. A few people here had to wait months before their case was approved after interview. Most times, it’s a next day or few days wait..even weeks before approval. So just be patient, you’ll hear from them inevitably!😊👍

Thanks for your reply much appreciated , It is almost 3 years and I've been patiently waiting and I can wait.

Here  my question is did any one from our form got 2nd time interview for I-485 vawa based and is there any chance they can deny I-485?

1 hour ago, Apolo said:

I understand your frustration knowing that we had our interview same day and same FO and my decision came in 2 days ago. However I want you to stay away from negativity and hope for the best in everything. I believe you'll hear back soon. They are probably trying to complete last minute verifications.

Timeline
17 hours ago, MariaX said:

Did they asked you from your 360 history? never heard , They ask only from 485 form . Did you have a lawyer on your interview?

Yes the IO asked about my I-360 and he asked lot of questions regarding  my marriage.. 

I've not taken Attorney to the interview..

My question is did any one got I-483 denied after vawa approval

Just now, isurvived said:

I understand your frustration knowing that we had our interview same day and same FO and my decision came in 2 days ago. However I want you to stay away from negativity and hope for the best in everything. I believe you'll hear back soon. They are probably trying to complete last minute verifications.

can you guys share what was asked during interview ? thank you 

31 minutes ago, lolaB998 said:

Still hoping you'll get a positive response soon dear. Keep pressing your congressperson/senator. 

Filed: Other Country: Greece
Timeline
1 minute ago, Nasforuon1y said:

Yes the IO asked about my I-360 and he asked lot of questions regarding  my marriage.. 

I've not taken Attorney to the interview..

My question is did any one got I-483 denied after vawa approval

I received this message yesterday and when I wonted answer you it wasn’t found. I received it now second time 😃  I don’t think they denie your 485. Maximum time is 120 days for answer  

15 minutes ago, Sk N said:

can you guys share what was asked during interview ? thank you 

Signed the attorney waiver, cause mine did not show up or say anything to me. Thank God for this amazing group. 

1. Confirm my name, place of birth, date of birth

2. Employment/employer (showed paystubs, w2 and 2019 tax returns)

3. Are you divorced ?(answer: No) I that case I need to ask you questions about you and your spouse

4. Why are you not divorced? We obviously see his records, you should be done with him Me: Working on it

5. Do you have kids? 

6. Does your spouse have kids?

7. Please confirm the address you lived with your spouse. (IO: You have to move out of that address and far away too, I see you can afford a new place, for your safety. Cause his record is bad)

8. Asked for my Passport, driver's license and all my EADs

9. When was your last entry into the United States.

10. Then he asked info about my spouse (dob, where he was born, is he a citizen?, how long we lived together, where and when did we separate,  when last did he contact me, what did he say?) 

11. Asked all the Yes and No questions. 

12. IO said my lawyer is unprofessional and I should report him to the license board.

He said he'd have approved immediately, but thei have to verify somethings especially my spouse status. I got approved exactly 50days later.

He asked more questions, but that's all I can remember. He asked me if I've ever been arrested like 4 times (my ex has multiple arrest records online so I understand the question). 

Goodluck 

12 minutes ago, isurvived said:

Signed the attorney waiver, cause mine did not show up or say anything to me. Thank God for this amazing group. 

1. Confirm my name, place of birth, date of birth

2. Employment/employer (showed paystubs, w2 and 2019 tax returns)

3. Are you divorced ?(answer: No) I that case I need to ask you questions about you and your spouse

4. Why are you not divorced? We obviously see his records, you should be done with him Me: Working on it

5. Do you have kids? 

6. Does your spouse have kids?

7. Please confirm the address you lived with your spouse. (IO: You have to move out of that address and far away too, I see you can afford a new place, for your safety. Cause his record is bad)

8. Asked for my Passport, driver's license and all my EADs

9. When was your last entry into the United States.

10. Then he asked info about my spouse (dob, where he was born, is he a citizen?, how long we lived together, where and when did we separate,  when last did he contact me, what did he say?) 

11. Asked all the Yes and No questions. 

12. IO said my lawyer is unprofessional and I should report him to the license board.

He said he'd have approved immediately, but thei have to verify somethings especially my spouse status. I got approved exactly 50days later.

He asked more questions, but that's all I can remember. He asked me if I've ever been arrested like 4 times (my ex has multiple arrest records online so I understand the question). 

Goodluck 

Thank you for answering, also i dont understand IO are not suppose to ask about spouse does not matter if you are divorced or not. I hope you get your greencard soon. God bless you. Let us know, when you get it. 

Filed: Other Country: Ghana
Timeline

Hello family, I'm 2018 filler after waiting for 32 months. I got copy of RFE from my attorney today. 

TERMINATION  OF PRIOR MARRIAGE(S) 

Please submit proof of the legal termination of the marriage of you and ( my first wife name ) i.e My first marriage in my country.

Examples of such evidence may include, but are not limited to; 

* A final (absolute) divorce decree  ;

* Death Certificate; 

* Annulment. 

My first ex-wife filled for divorced in my country and my brother was there to represent me. I got original copy of the divorce and I have submitted it in 2018 with the VAWA application. The word FINAL (ABSOLUTE) or DIVORCE DECREE was not written in the divorce but they wrote DISSOLVE at the end of the divorce and it was done in Customary Court and the same place we did our marriage back home. 

I have another divorce here in US with my abuser in  November 2018 after I sent VAWA application.  

What can I do now ?

Anyone with this kind of situation please advise.  Thanks 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.