2,947 posts in this topic

11 minutes ago, Precious100 said:

Hello Vjf, please can anyone share what kind of questions they ask during i-485 interview. Am having mine next few days and am just nervous and wondering what they would ask. Any input is highly appreciated pls.🙏

Usually they focus on the i485 questions...admissibility eligibility...they will ask for original documents and retain copies of what they need. However, there are overly motivated and charged up officers who try to re-adjudicate the already approved i360 petition! My advice is to go ready for anything. Hopefully it goes smoothly as mine did last year.😊👍

On 5/25/2021 at 8:00 PM, Elisana said:

I had my interview today,the officer didn't make the decision today

I was very disappointed.

Somehow I missed this post! I understand you being upset at not approved on the spot..but you should also understand that it’s not unusual at all. Most officers need to check with their superiors before a decision is made. Or maybe a few things need to be clarified. Whatever it is, your approval is waiting! Cheer up!🥰

Filed: Other Country: Greece
Timeline
3 hours ago, Nasforuon1y said:

Hi VJ family,

I've given my i-485 interview 3 weeks back based on vawa but still didn't received any update on my online status..

IO has asked my i-360 based questions and on my marriage..

After the interview he has given me one paper and in that it has written that

USCIS is unable ti complete your case at this time. Your case is being continued until a final decision can be made.

My question is how much time are they going to take my decision or can they ask me for additional documents or can they deny my I-485..

If some one has gone through similar situation then please reply to my question..

I'll appreciate that..

Did they asked you from your 360 history? never heard , They ask only from 485 form . Did you have a lawyer on your interview?

Edited by MariaX

Filed: Other Country: Ghana
Timeline
9 minutes ago, saraa88 said:

Hey all. I got this message today: "On May 27, 2021, we updated your name for your Form I-485..."

Anyone know what this means?

Thanks

You can expect Approval by God grace or RFE before Friday. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
11 hours ago, Aadi135 said:

Congratulations to everyone receiving their approvals.

All those are in line, have patience, good news are on the way for all of you, it is difficult time for all us but trust in god, we have wonderful family here helping us get through. Gratitude is not enough for all those helping us, @sandranj, @Stillwinning!!!😊 @Ana FL @Pinkrlion  @Demise and @TBoneTX your jokes. Forgive me if i did not mentioned all names. But trust us, you all are in our prayers for your well being and happiness. 

I do not come online more often but i am in the happiness those who received their approval and by your side who are distressed while waiting, i can feel your pain. I am in the same boat, perhaps more in bad shape than normal. 

Update: Full packet November 28th 2020,

FP April 28th 2021,

May 28th 2021 New card being produced for I-765,

I-360 May 2020, 2RFES so far. So i am too early to hear back about my 360, too anxious. but optimistic, god bless you all,   

Hello @Aadi135

little confused with your time line ,so did file I360 in November 2020 or may 2020. 
Asking you because I filed I360 in November 2020.

All those are in line, have patience, good news are on the way for all of you, it is difficult time for all us but trust in god, we have wonderful family here helping us get through. Gratitude is not enough for all those helping us, @sandranj, @Stillwinning!!!😊 @Ana FL @Pinkrlion  @Demise and @TBoneTX your jokes. Forgive me if i did not mentioned all names. But trust us, you all are in our prayers for your well being and happiness. 

I do not come online more often but i am in the happiness those who received their approval and by your side who are distressed while waiting, i can feel your pain. I am in the same boat, perhaps more in bad shape than normal. 

FP April 28th 2021,

I-360 May 2020, 2RFES so far. So i am too early to hear back about my 360, too anxious. but optimistic, god bless you all,   

Hello @Aadi135

little confused with your time line ,so did file I360 in November 2020 or may 2020. 

FP April 28th 2021,

Hello @Aadi135

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
6 hours ago, Nasforuon1y said:

Hi VJ family,

I've given my i-485 interview 3 weeks back based on vawa but still didn't received any update on my online status..

USCIS is unable ti complete your case at this time. Your case is being continued until a final decision can be made.

My question is how much time are they going to take my decision or can they ask me for additional documents or can they deny my I-485..

If some one has gone through similar situation then please reply to my question..

I'll appreciate that..

There are others who have been waiting more than a month.

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

Timeline
6 hours ago, God is a good God said:

The situation is that i was divorced already and couldn't file an i130 appeal because i am the beneficiary, only the petition can appeal. Nov 2018 :i130 interview. July 2019 divorced. October 2019: files i360. I thought the filing of i360 will replace the pending i130 but unfortunately 02/2021 a decision of i130 came stating 204 that after their investigation they found out that we never lived together and my ex wife took a driver's license in October with a different address. And that we hooked up bills the same day of the interview to a second address (what we never did). 

This was my first marriage in the USA but second marriage after my wife back home divorced me. Some folks here said i must wait and see how the decision will be before sending in new proofs

OK,

The I-360 does not replace the I-130.  It is a seperate petition and does not stop the adjudication of the I-130.  So that is why they still processed it, because your ex-wife did not terminate I-130.  

I would wait to see what they say about the VAWA petition.  

Timeline
2 hours ago, saraa88 said:

Hey all. I got this message today: "On May 27, 2021, we updated your name for your Form I-485..."

Anyone know what this means?

Thanks

They looked at your case

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline
10 hours ago, PB7 said:

Hello @Aadi135

Hello @Aadi135

Hello @Aadi135

I-360 MAY 2020 

Filed: Other Timeline
15 hours ago, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

Usually they focus on the i485 questions...admissibility eligibility...they will ask for original documents and retain copies of what they need. However, there are overly motivated and charged up officers who try to re-adjudicate the already approved i360 petition! My advice is to go ready for anything. Hopefully it goes smoothly as mine did last year.😊👍

@Stillwinning!!!😊, tnk you dear . Appreciate your advise, I pray to God mine goes smoothly as yours too. Thank you

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Norway
Timeline
18 hours ago, Nasforuon1y said:

Hi VJ family,

I'll appreciate that..

You will get an update soon but also contact your congressperson to inquire on your behalf.

Good afternoon VJ Family I apologizes for asking this question but is it ok to make an inquiry with my congressman if 2 month after my AOS interview I still don’t have an answer? The last update on my case is that the Interview was completed my case must be reviewed. At the date of the interview I asked the IO if my case will be denied or approved and if they need anything else from me and he said that; At this point I don’t need any other documents from you and that he didn’t see anything wrong or concerns in regards to my case but for him to make a decision he will need to to review my case and also the supervisor will probably  have to review the case as well?  Can save one please advice will it be ok to contact the congressman or to make an inquiry I just don’t wanna piss them off and get my case denied. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.