2,947 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Greece
Timeline

quick question 

my 2nd prima facie expired  on May .still didn't received my 3rd prima facie and I don't have my decision yet. does it mean they will get decision soon? waiting 20 month

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
1 hour ago, MariaX said:

quick question 

my 2nd prima facie expired  on May .still didn't received my 3rd prima facie and I don't have my decision yet. does it mean they will get decision soon? waiting 20 month

Not really....I only received PF once the entire time

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

27 minutes ago, MariaX said:

Really ? Congratulations. It’s make me feel better 🙏 I thought they didn’t send it to me that are gonna denial my case 

Lol no dear, so many people didn’t receive the Prima Facie but still got approved. But hey if you need the benefits the PF has to offer, you can always request it from Vermont.😊👍

Timeline
Just now, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

Lol no dear, so many people didn’t receive the Prima Facie but still got approved. But hey if you need the benefits the PF has to offer, you can always request it from Vermont.😊👍

I did never use it . My question is if my prima facie will expired and they will not send it to me what is means? Will they make decision soon for my case? How is experience about that ? 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Hi VJ family,

I've given my i-485 interview 3 weeks back based on vawa but still didn't received any update on my online status..

IO has asked my i-360 based questions and on my marriage..

After the interview he has given me one paper and in that it has written that

USCIS is unable ti complete your case at this time. Your case is being continued until a final decision can be made.

My question is how much time are they going to take my decision or can they ask me for additional documents or can they deny my I-485..

If some one has gone through similar situation then please reply to my question..

I'll appreciate that..

7 minutes ago, MariaX said:

I did never use it . My question is if my prima facie will expired and they will not send it to me what is means? Will they make decision soon for my case? How is experience about that ? 

No one can know exactly when USCIS will make a decision on your case or any case at that..sometimes they automatically send you a renewal of the PF sometimes they don’t. But like I said you can request it if you want. But no, it doesn’t signify or imply impending approval. They can approve you without PF or deny even with an already issued PF.(this is rare though) so yeah stay positive and hope for a quick approval. I believe most vawa cases are approved more than they are denied as long as the tendered evidences are convincing!👍 

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

No one can know exactly when USCIS will make a decision on your case or any case at that..sometimes they automatically send you a renewal of the PF sometimes they don’t. But like I said you can request it if you want. But no, it doesn’t signify or imply impending approval. They can approve you without PF or deny even with an already issued PF.(this is rare though) so yeah stay positive and hope for a quick approval. I believe most vawa cases are approved more than they are denied as long as the tendered evidences are convincing!👍 

Thank you and god bless you 🙏 

6 minutes ago, Nasforuon1y said:

Hi VJ family,

I've given my i-485 interview 3 weeks back based on vawa but still didn't received any update on my online status..

IO has asked my i-360 based questions and on my marriage..

After the interview he has given me one paper and in that it has written that

USCIS is unable ti complete your case at this time. Your case is being continued until a final decision can be made.

My question is how much time are they going to take my decision or can they ask me for additional documents or can they deny my I-485..

If some one has gone through similar situation then please reply to my question..

I'll appreciate that..

I understand how you feel..but this situation is not unusual. A few people here had to wait months before their case was approved after interview. Most times, it’s a next day or few days wait..even weeks before approval. So just be patient, you’ll hear from them inevitably!😊👍

6 hours ago, Pinkrlion said:

I guess I am confused.  The letter for the 204C states why they made that determination.  What did it say was the reason for the marriage fraud?  Also, is the person who wrote the affidavit your first marriage?  When you received the letter with the decision, did you file an appeal?

The situation is that i was divorced already and couldn't file an i130 appeal because i am the beneficiary, only the petition can appeal. Nov 2018 :i130 interview. July 2019 divorced. October 2019: files i360. I thought the filing of i360 will replace the pending i130 but unfortunately 02/2021 a decision of i130 came stating 204 that after their investigation they found out that we never lived together and my ex wife took a driver's license in October with a different address. And that we hooked up bills the same day of the interview to a second address (what we never did). 

This was my first marriage in the USA but second marriage after my wife back home divorced me. Some folks here said i must wait and see how the decision will be before sending in new proofs

Edited by God is a good God

Filed: Other Timeline
On 5/25/2021 at 8:00 PM, Elisana said:

I had my interview today,the officer didn't make the decision today

I was very disappointed.

@ElisanaAwww, so sorry. Don't worry everything will be alright. Just keep your faith high for something positive.

Can you please share what questions you were asked ?

Filed: Other Timeline

Hello Vjf, please can anyone share what kind of questions they ask during i-485 interview. Am having mine next few days and am just nervous and wondering what they would ask. Any input is highly appreciated pls.🙏

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.