2,947 posts in this topic

Hi Everyone, 

This is nerve wrecking, i have posted in the same forum nobody responded to me. I have few concerns can someone please response to me?? 

1. Vawa was filled October 2020 current status in INITIAL REVIEW, CORRESPONDENCE WAS RECEIVED USCIS IS CURRENTLY REVIEWING IT. what does this mean??? whats the next step?

considering i have PF already for a year. 

2. I have submitted my i765 with my i30 application (filed August 2020) which is still pending and no update on it. I have made inquires i did not receive anything. 

3. for i485 application status is showing notice was returned post office could not deliver it. I am not sure what notice they sent, when i made inquires they told me write to Vermont.

Giving along all of this inquires i also have annulment  from my abusive spouse pending (based on marriage fraud) i sent counterclaim to my ex but he still has not responded to yet over 2 months. 

will vawa adjudicator asks for divorce if anything ?? 

Can anyone please response to all my inquires will really  give me a lot of relief?. Thank you in advance. 

Edited by Sk N

57 minutes ago, Sk N said:

Hi Everyone, 

This is nerve wrecking, i have posted in the same forum nobody responded to me. I have few concerns can someone please response to me?? 

1. Vawa was filled October 2020 current status in INITIAL REVIEW, CORRESPONDENCE WAS RECEIVED USCIS IS CURRENTLY REVIEWING IT. what does this mean??? whats the next step?

2. I have submitted my i765 with my i30 application (filed August 2020) which is still pending and no update on it. I have made inquires i did not receive anything. 

3. for i485 application status is showing notice was returned post office could not deliver it. I am not sure what notice they sent, when i made inquires they told me write to Vermont.

Giving along all of this inquires i also have annulment  from my abusive spouse pending (based on marriage fraud) i sent counterclaim to my ex but he still has not responded to yet over 2 months. 

Can anyone please response to all my inquires will really  give me a lot of relief?. Thank you in advance. 

Hey, I am afraid I can’t answer all your questions, but I will try to help 

1. it simply means that USCIS is reviewing your application. Based on your timeline, it might take some descent time until they issue any type of decision. They should keep updating your PFs until they reach the decision on your case. My initial status stated something along the lines with “we have waived the fees..” and then I have got an RFE like 18,5 mo later.

2. unfortunately, there are a lot of delays in regard to EAD applications. Check the processing times, that will give you some estimate. Certain people are waiting for 5 mo, while the others take longer. I got mine approved after submitting an inquiry, but I am not sure if it was a coincidence, or whether they really taken that into consideration. Maybe the other forum members will be able to give you more info on what to do in your case.

3. Sorry, I can’t help you with this one..

just out of curiosity, what’s up with the annulment thing? I have never heard about anything like that.

3 hours ago, Sk N said:

Hi Everyone, 

1. If you send in something unsolicited in (like an inquiry), then it means that they acknowledge that they got it. If you didn't send anything past the initial application then it doesn't mean anything. Someone probably just clicked on the wrong box.

2. Was this I-765 filed under category code C09 or C31?

3. Make a USCIS account and register the case there. That'll show you the whole case history. If it says that it was an RFE then write to VSC immediately so they'll resend it. If you moved make sure the request includes something along the lines of "My safe mailing address is X" or "I moved to X, this is my safe mailing address". Otherwise it was probably just a courtesy notice to bring something to an interview when it finally happens.

They might ask regarding your marital status but there's no requirement for you to be divorced so it's not a factor. Annulment if it actually happens looks bad but it depends on the circumstances. If you committed bigamy then yeah that's a kiss of death and I'm sorry but you're screwed, if your ex committed bigamy then you're fine, in most other circumstances it is outright impossible to annul a marriage short of you two getting hitched and then going your separate ways immediately after the ceremony. Regarding your response: if this was from the opposing lawyer if you got nothing that means that he probably doesn't have a case and the lawyer dropped it, if this was from the court check the docket information if there was a decision or some action done on this case.

Edited by Demise

Contradictions without citations only make you look dumb.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
2 hours ago, Zzz___1 said:

Hey, I am afraid I can’t answer all your questions, but I will try to help 

1. it simply means that USCIS is reviewing your application. Based on your timeline, it might take some descent time until they issue any type of decision. They should keep updating your PFs until they reach the decision on your case. My initial status stated something along the lines with “we have waived the fees..” and then I have got an RFE like 18,5 mo later.

2. unfortunately, there are a lot of delays in regard to EAD applications. Check the processing times, that will give you some estimate. Certain people are waiting for 5 mo, while the others take longer. I got mine approved after submitting an inquiry, but I am not sure if it was a coincidence, or whether they really taken that into consideration. Maybe the other forum members will be able to give you more info on what to do in your case.

3. Sorry, I can’t help you with this one..

just out of curiosity, what’s up with the annulment thing? I have never heard about anything like that.

Hello,

You said you received RFE after 18.5 months. Could you tell me what was that the RFE for?

6 hours ago, Nina Galia said:

That is what my lawyer said ". So if you will have the interview, bring it, if not , they will issue another notice to mail it ". Now , I don't know what to do ? What is the length of the medicals expiration ?Thanks so much .

Yes your lawyer is correct you may have to bring to take it to the interview or uscis may request for you to mail in.

6 hours ago, Nina Galia said:

That is what my lawyer said ". So if you will have the interview, bring it, if not , they will issue another notice to mail it ". Now , I don't know what to do ? What is the length of the medicals expiration ?Thanks so much .

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I mistakenly filed a new I-485 along with my I-360 even though I already have an I-485 pending from my previous family based application. However I did not add payments for the new I-485 filed along with the I-360 application. Will USCIS return all the application or just the I-485 since there is no payment for it ?

12 hours ago, Nina Galia said:

Wait are you sure ! Where am I supposed to mail it ? 

No. It says right there do not mail anything now. 
if they need your medical, they will send you a RFE asking for you to mail it.

08/2017 - Married USC

09/2017 - Application for I-485, I-765, I-131

12/2017 - Approval  I-765, I-131

09/2018 Renewal application for I-765, I-131

04/2019 - I-485 interview scheduled 

04/2019 - I-485 denied, husband withdrew

05/2019 - Application for  I-360, I-485, I-765, I-131 

12/2019 EAD, AP approval

07/2020 EAD, AP renewal sent to Vermont

10/2020 EAD, AP Approval

11/2020 VAWA I-360 Approved (C31 produced)

01/2021 I-360 status changed to case approved

03/2021 - I-693 deficient notice from national benefit center

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
8 hours ago, Deserteagle said:

Since Friday, I keep refreshing my vawa application, telling myself you’ve been approved and you’re awake and not dreaming . 

When my ex wife, left me and filed for divorce just to try to get me deported, I thought my world was going to end . I almost gave up and wanted to move to Canada . Until, I made research and found vawa and saw that I qualified. 

I never knew all my years of marriage I was being abused, emotionally, psychologically and even sexually by my ex . I never knew I had all the evidence staring on my face . I came to this forum, spoke to a few fine people on here and they helped me on how to put my application together . 

I put all my evidence together, I never had a lawyer but I believed God was my attorney and his word would always come first . This approval means so much to me, because I’ve come a long way . 

At least, I can see my parents and siblings after almost 8 years . Thank you once again guys . I love y’all and many more testimonies shall abound here . 

**Drops Mic 🎤 **

🙏🏻 God never fails! Congratulations 🍾 

8 hours ago, Deserteagle said:

Since Friday, I keep refreshing my vawa application, telling myself you’ve been approved and you’re awake and not dreaming . 

When my ex wife, left me and filed for divorce just to try to get me deported, I thought my world was going to end . I almost gave up and wanted to move to Canada . Until, I made research and found vawa and saw that I qualified. 

I never knew all my years of marriage I was being abused, emotionally, psychologically and even sexually by my ex . I never knew I had all the evidence staring on my face . I came to this forum, spoke to a few fine people on here and they helped me on how to put my application together . 

I put all my evidence together, I never had a lawyer but I believed God was my attorney and his word would always come first . This approval means so much to me, because I’ve come a long way . 

At least, I can see my parents and siblings after almost 8 years . Thank you once again guys . I love y’all and many more testimonies shall abound here . 

**Drops Mic 🎤 **

Makes me happy when people acknowledge God in everything! I’ve been there...hopeless and helpless...God came through, friends, do NOT entertain any doubts!! God NEVER fails!!! HE will never share the glory with anyone else! Praise God!🙏🙏😊🍾🎊🎉🎈

On 5/28/2021 at 11:48 PM, sandranj said:

Having a child won't be a problem,  but she  should not get married before VAWA approval.

My question was that i have got a notorized affidavit from my ex wife that acknowledges that our marriage was real and we lived together, i also got notorized letters from friends and neighbors who acknowledged how we lived together and what they knew about us and over 30 new additional bills(electric, water, hospitals,...) Of us.  Should I send them now before the decision to prove against that 204c  or i should wait when they send me a decision (denial, or RFE, or NOID) ? To appeal with these proofs if denial, send them as RFE or as NOID?

Edited by God is a good God

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline
On 5/29/2021 at 12:48 AM, sandranj said:

Having a child won't be a problem,  but she  should not get married before VAWA approval.

On 5/29/2021 at 12:52 AM, sandranj said:

She won't have any problem with immigration regarding her child's name, but the father can bring a paternity suit to establish paternity.

Thank you so much @sandranj, really appreciate your help. I will convey her.  

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.