2,947 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, MariaX said:

Congratulations. Still didn’t get an update for your new card? How about your approval? 

I had an update for the car production back in November and approval notice was sent to me in January (to my correct address)

08/2017 - Married USC

09/2017 - Application for I-485, I-765, I-131

12/2017 - Approval  I-765, I-131

09/2018 Renewal application for I-765, I-131

04/2019 - I-485 interview scheduled 

04/2019 - I-485 denied, husband withdrew

05/2019 - Application for  I-360, I-485, I-765, I-131 

12/2019 EAD, AP approval

07/2020 EAD, AP renewal sent to Vermont

10/2020 EAD, AP Approval

11/2020 VAWA I-360 Approved (C31 produced)

01/2021 I-360 status changed to case approved

03/2021 - I-693 deficient notice from national benefit center

On 4/18/2021 at 1:11 PM, Sharshar42 said:

Congratulations 👏 🥳🍾🗽

Hello family.  Congratulations again for everyone approved . I want to travel to Puerto Rico -Culebra beach in July . My vawa is approved but I don't have a AP, I just went last week for biometrics for GC . Can I travel with my NY Id? Thank you all.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Italy
Timeline

Hello all! What's the current timeframe for an EAD card renewal receipt? 

Sent renewal over a month ago and I'm in need of a proof for the extension. 

Timeline
26 minutes ago, Nina Galia said:

Hello family.  Congratulations again for everyone approved . I want to travel to Puerto Rico -Culebra beach in July . My vawa is approved but I don't have a AP, I just went last week for biometrics for GC . Can I travel with my NY Id? Thank you all.

Hello Nina. They asked me AP at the airport before onboarding the flight for Miami-NYC (travelled last time in 2019).  If you go back at page 130 or so (begging of May) you can read something more about it. 

8 minutes ago, Vale1 said:

Hello Nina. They asked me AP at the airport before onboarding the flight for Miami-NYC (travelled last time in 2019).  If you go back at page 130 or so (begging of May) you can read something more about it. 

I am confused I always traveled with my ID only domestic.  They  never asked for anything.  

44 minutes ago, Nina Galia said:

You will be traveling with your NY I.D of course for identification, but the AP is the authorizing document you need to be able to leave the US. (I understand the US and Puerto Rico territorial grounds...but hey I would go with my AP. You should apply for it.👍

Edited by Stillwinning!!!😊

On 5/28/2021 at 1:25 AM, Sharshar42 said:

Big congratulations to you🥳🍾🗽

Wow! Congratulations 👏.  I am August filler 2026 and my Vawa was approved on 02/24/2021 . Went to do biometrics on 05/27 for I-485 .. I hope they will ask me to send the medicals through mail so hopefully no interview lol. I am in Astoria, Queens . How long after biometrics they asked to send the medicals ? I also received in April 2021 -i 693 deficiency notice . I am assuming they are working on my I-485 . Thanks!!!

5 minutes ago, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

You will be traveling with your NY I.D of course for identification, but the AP is the authorizing document you need to be able to leave the US. (I understand the US and Puerto Rico territorial grounds...but hey I would go with my AP. You should apply for it.👍

I see.. thanks for the update. Lol that will take me another few months to receive it😂

Timeline
10 minutes ago, Nina Galia said:

I am confused I always traveled with my ID only domestic.  They  never asked for anything.  

I was confused and scared as well. Everything went smooth tho. Take also in consideration that was the "Trump era" but I wasn't new to such experience because a friend has warned me but didn't believe it. I just decided to not take a chance and bring all the paper work with me anyway. 

Now I'm having same doubt for my next Hawaii's trip. AP or not AP? LOL 

Maybe try to call USCIS information center or the airport in San Juan. 

Edited by Vale1

24 minutes ago, Vale1 said:

Now I’m surprised you were asked for AP on a Miami-NYC flight! Wow!🤔

7 minutes ago, Vale1 said:

I was confused and scared as well. Everything went smooth tho. Take also in consideration that was the "Trump era" but I wasn't new to such experience because a friend has warned me but didn't believe it. I just decided to not take a chance and bring all the paper work with me anyway. 

Now I'm having same doubt for my next Hawaii's trip. AP or not AP? LOL 

Maybe try to call USCIS information center or the airport in San Juan. 

Thank you for that . I might just have to wait for now .😊

Timeline
Just now, Nina Galia said:

Thank you for that . I might just have to wait for now .😊

If you are looking for a Caribbean style vacation I would suggest considering Key West while you are waiting for you AP! 

35 minutes ago, Nina Galia said:

I see.. thanks for the update. Lol that will take me another few months to receive it😂

😊 Been looking it up some more and found that the experience was different for each person. Usually it’s supposed to be similar to a domestic travel..but it’s too many inconsistencies that’s not worth the risk as I’ve read. 

34 minutes ago, Vale1 said:

If you are looking for a Caribbean style vacation I would suggest considering Key West while you are waiting for you AP! 

Thank you , I've been there already .

10 minutes ago, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

😊 Been looking it up some more and found that the experience was different for each person. Usually it’s supposed to be similar to a domestic travel..but it’s too many inconsistencies that’s not worth the risk as I’ve t

Yes you are so right . Thank you. 😊

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
54 minutes ago, Nina Galia said:

Wow! Congratulations 👏.  I am August filler 2026 and my Vawa was approved on 02/24/2021 . Went to do biometrics on 05/27 for I-485 .. I hope they will ask me to send the medicals through mail so hopefully no interview lol. I am in Astoria, Queens . How long after biometrics they asked to send the medicals ? I also received in April 2021 -i 693 deficiency notice . I am assuming they are working on my I-485 . Thanks!!!

When did you mail I-485?  If you recently filed your I-485, instead of it pending prior to VAWA petition you will not get this courtesy. 

If you filed for your I-485 recently and did not include your I-693, you will receive a RFE to submit it or they will deny your I-485 because you did not file a complete petition.  What exactly did you receive in April about I-693?

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.