2,947 posts in this topic

7 hours ago, Deserteagle said:

I want start by thanking everyone who were there for me and answered all my questions when I knew nothing about VAWA . Stillwinning, Fedaniela, Gabriela. If I didn’t mention your name, don’t be mad at me . And most importantly Sandra . 

My VAWA was approved this morning. 
-September 2019 (21 months )

- No additional evidence was asked . 

Congratulations 🎉🎈🎊 

Filed: Other Country: Greece
Timeline
32 minutes ago, Evasn said:

Check full report on credit karma .it shows you who made inquires .just checked mine .don't see uscis . 

I checked mine didn’t  see too 

Timeline
5 hours ago, FeDaniela said:

Hey Guys I was checking my Credit Report and USCIS did few soft inquiry on me, One was in 2019 two month prior to my Vawa approval, and another one before my GC approval, what is this about ? Anyone experience this ? I just found it so awkward cause Vawa applicant are exempt from any public charge. 

Sorry for the question but can you show us the screenshots? Just cut it on the screenshot where it showed 

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline
11 hours ago, Deserteagle said:

I want start by thanking everyone who were there for me and answered all my questions when I knew nothing about VAWA . Stillwinning, Fedaniela, Gabriela. If I didn’t mention your name, don’t be mad at me . And most importantly Sandra . 

My VAWA was approved this morning. 
-September 2019 (21 months )

- No additional evidence was asked . 

Congratulations.

Timeline
8 hours ago, MariaX said:

Have a question 

After my vawa approval, can I send 864 form for my child? They are out of country(under 21) . Or do I have to wait my Green card and than send the form

How you gays have the experience? 

You have to file  the form I-824 not I-864, but you can do this just after your green card is approved.

Timeline
On 5/27/2021 at 9:23 PM, Dane100 said:

I sent my I -485 about 3 weeks ago. Immediately after I found out my vawa has been approved. I did not send any kind of payment because I was under the impression that that since I’m now filing the I-485 to be alongside my approved. Vawa application. I was not required to send a filing  fee. Am I wrong with that assumption?

58C7C754-4F02-405B-9771-59D826E7A2A1.jpeg

You need to pay USCIS  fees or to submit form I912 if you can't afford to pay the fees.They will send your file back.

Timeline
Just now, sandranj said:

You have to file  the form I-824 not I-864, but you can do this just after your green card is approved.

Thanks for corrected me the form number . I heard about it today and also, a girl posted few month ago , she said her child got approval before her interview. Child were out of country. Thanks for inform me , because sometimes people are laying. Thanks again 

Timeline
On 5/27/2021 at 12:55 PM, lolaB998 said:

Hi! Does anyone here have experience with filing a lawsuit against the USCIS? My case is over 120 days post-interview and no inquiries from my lawyer or congresswoman are helping. I am a bit scared to sue them but it also looks like nothing else will force them to make a decision.

I filed  several Writ of Mandamus before, but you will waste your time and money because the Court will  consider a delay just after two years pass from filing.

Timeline
On 5/26/2021 at 11:28 PM, God is a good God said:

Hey @Stillwinning!!!😊 I did not send i485 to Vermont. I only sent i360. For i360 to be approved, you must prove bonafide marriage first. My concern was if they will rely on the i130 fraud decision to adjudicate i360 . And if me sending these additional proofs, will help i360 remove the 204c fraud decision from i130

Yes they will consider the fraud decision  while adjudicating your form I-360.

Edited by sandranj

Timeline
On 5/26/2021 at 5:44 PM, Aadi135 said:

Thank you Demise, i understood, I will convey the same to my friend. Just out of curiosity, what if she would have been divorced, staying away from her husband for more than year and would have got pregnant with her boyfriend? Would it have affected her VAWA as well? 

Having a child won't be a problem,  but she  should not get married before VAWA approval.

Timeline
On 5/26/2021 at 9:38 AM, Aadi135 said:

Hello All, I hope everyone is doing great. I have two questions.

1. While sending I-360, If you check 12th point requesting EAD. do you need to attach separate I-1765 and 2 passport size photos with I-360 or mere checking that box is enough to get EAD once your VAWA is approved? 

2. Asking for a friend. She filed VAWA and not living with her abuser anymore, she resent him so much that she do not want to give his name to her baby. Will it it cause problem if she will keep father section empty and give her own name to baby or as her first child? (She had one baby from her first marriage).   

She won't have any problem with immigration regarding her child's name, but the father can bring a paternity suit to establish paternity.

Timeline
On 5/25/2021 at 12:47 PM, hoping4goodnewz said:

hello to all - I filed my VAWA, 485 and 765 to Vermont in January 2021, as of today it has been 135 (almost 6months) days with no notice of receipt received yet.
I have sent a notarized letter of inquiry after about 80 days of waiting and sent in congressional inquiry about a month ago. What are my other options? Is this a normal wait time?

Thanks

You should contact the USCIS ombudsman and your congressperson as well to inquire on your behalf. 

https://www.dhs.gov/case-assistance

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

The weekly VAWA-Thread Joke has seemingly been even more effective than usual!  :dance: 

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.