2,947 posts in this topic

6 minutes ago, lolaB998 said:

Hi! Does anyone here have experience with filing a lawsuit against the USCIS? My case is over 120 days post-interview and no inquiries from my lawyer or congresswoman are helping. I am a bit scared to sue them but it also looks like nothing else will force them to make a decision.

Maybe try info pass first to see what's the status. I dont think to sue is a good idea 

1 hour ago, neimovirna said:

I want to Thank everyone on this forum for your support and a lot of valuable info!! My journey finally came to the end!

my timeline 

I485 was pending since May 2017 (based on marriage to USC)

February 2019 filed Vawa case

March 2019 Prima Facie #1 valid for 1 year

..wait began..

March 2020 Prima Facie #2 valid for 6 months (they sent it without me asking for it)

May 2020 Status change on i360 “Card is being produced” - this was EAD c32 based on Vawa

August 2020 - status changed on i360 “We approved your petition”

October 2020 - received my Approval notice (don’t even ask, there was so much confusion with my address, the first notice got lost, I had to request the duplicate, that’s why it took so long to receive it)

January 2021 - Status i360 changed to “Correspondence was received and USCIS is reviewing it” - my attorney said it might be because we updated my address, and that’s how they acknowledged it

11 of March, 2021 - RFE for medical exam to be mailed in

23 March, 2021 - Medical exam results sent

18 May, 2021 - “New card is being produced” status change on i-485!🥳🥳🥳🥳

26 May, 2021 - Greencard is delivered by USPS

no interview

Queens, New York City

I hope everyone else will get their approvals and cards being pending very soon!

I am so overwhelmed with happiness🥳🥳🥳

Congratulations 🎉🎊 

1 hour ago, neimovirna said:

I want to Thank everyone on this forum for your support and a lot of valuable info!! My journey finally came to the end!

my timeline 

I485 was pending since May 2017 (based on marriage to USC)

February 2019 filed Vawa case

March 2019 Prima Facie #1 valid for 1 year

..wait began..

March 2020 Prima Facie #2 valid for 6 months (they sent it without me asking for it)

May 2020 Status change on i360 “Card is being produced” - this was EAD c32 based on Vawa

August 2020 - status changed on i360 “We approved your petition”

October 2020 - received my Approval notice (don’t even ask, there was so much confusion with my address, the first notice got lost, I had to request the duplicate, that’s why it took so long to receive it)

January 2021 - Status i360 changed to “Correspondence was received and USCIS is reviewing it” - my attorney said it might be because we updated my address, and that’s how they acknowledged it

11 of March, 2021 - RFE for medical exam to be mailed in

23 March, 2021 - Medical exam results sent

18 May, 2021 - “New card is being produced” status change on i-485!🥳🥳🥳🥳

26 May, 2021 - Greencard is delivered by USPS

no interview

Queens, New York City

I hope everyone else will get their approvals and cards being pending very soon!

I am so overwhelmed with happiness🥳🥳🥳

Congratulations 🎊🍾🎈🎉 more wins dear!

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
26 minutes ago, lolaB998 said:

Hi! Does anyone here have experience with filing a lawsuit against the USCIS? My case is over 120 days post-interview and no inquiries from my lawyer or congresswoman are helping. I am a bit scared to sue them but it also looks like nothing else will force them to make a decision.

You need to discuss this with your lawyer

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

Timeline
9 minutes ago, Pinkrlion said:

You need to discuss this with your lawyer

Thanks! Yeah I consulted with 3 lawyers; one says to sue asap, another says that it is better to wait because the case is so smooth, and the third one says that I can sue or wait - so I'm trying to understand what's better here... I had no issues with the VAWA petition but I can see that uscis is trying to delay my I-485

Timeline
25 minutes ago, Evasn said:

I hear you. Congressman doesn't help me a lot too as they don't reply to any requests 

Yeah, it really sucks that USCIS cancelled info pass. 4 years ago I could at least go there to ask questions, now there's no way to reach them. I'm surprised they are ignoring inquiries from congressman

7 minutes ago, neimovirna said:

I didn’t send at that time, because I knew the report is gonna most likely expire anyways until they adjudicate my case. I sent it just recently, when they requested it from me as a RFE

Thank you . Mine is expired for sure as I sent all together. I'm glad queens office is finally moving. Congratulations again!!!!!

44 minutes ago, lolaB998 said:

Yeah, it really sucks that USCIS cancelled info pass. 4 years ago I could at least go there to ask questions, now there's no way to reach them. I'm surprised they are ignoring inquiries from congressman

Yes 3 requests, still nothing . 

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
42 minutes ago, sam012019 said:

does someone who knows legal point me to legal sections where it says  that USCIS has to renew your EAD as long as your 485 is pending (based on 360) ?

I do not believe there is a legal section that says that.  However, as long as you have a pending I-485, you can renew your expired EAD (C09) by filing a renewal petition until your I-485 is approved or denied.  

Edited by Pinkrlion

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.