2,947 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Aadi135 said:

Hello All, I hope everyone is doing great. I have two questions.

1. While sending I-360, If you check 12th point requesting EAD. do you need to attach separate I-1765 and 2 passport size photos with I-360 or mere checking that box is enough to get EAD once your VAWA is approved? 

2. Asking for a friend. She filed VAWA and not living with her abuser anymore, she resent him so much that she do not want to give his name to her baby. Will it it cause problem if she will keep father section empty and give her own name to baby or as her first child? (She had one baby from her first marriage).   

1. No you do not have to file a separate I-765. Pictures aren't really required either, USCIS will just use the one from biometrics. If somehow your biometrics get waived they'll RFE you for passport photos.

2. What form is this in relation to?

Contradictions without citations only make you look dumb.

Timeline
3 minutes ago, MariaX said:

The question for friend 

Is it possible to denie case if during the process nerve  ask the RFE? Did anybody had the experience?

Thanks

I don’t think it’s possible to deny a case without (RFE NOID) but anything can happen 

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
25 minutes ago, MariaX said:

The question for friend 

Is it possible to denie case if during the process nerve  ask the RFE? Did anybody had the experience?

Thanks

Yes a case can be denied.  However, they give you the chance to answer before they deny it with RFE.  

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hello All, I hope everyone is doing great. I have two questions.

1. While sending I-360, If you check 12th point requesting EAD. do you need to attach separate I-1765 and 2 passport size photos with I-360 or mere checking that box is enough to get EAD once your VAWA is approved? 

2. Asking for a friend. She filed VAWA and not living with her abuser anymore, she resent him so much that she do not want to give his name to her baby. Will it it cause problem if she will keep father section empty and give her own name to baby or as her first child? (She had one baby from her first marriage).   

Legally he is the father and has parental rights regardless of how she feels.  He can take her to court.  She will also have to address parental rights when she files for divorce.  She can name the child whatever she wants but that does not stop his parental rights as her husband.  In the US he can file for custody of the child just like she can.  

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline
4 hours ago, balo101 said:

Answer to your question 1.

No you do not need to fill separate i-765. Just check that box and once they will approve your VAWA you will get EAD

If you are sending i-485 or already have pending i-485 then you can send separate i-765 now to get the EAD.

Thank you, appreciate your help, god bless you, 

3 hours ago, Demise said:

1. No you do not have to file a separate I-765. Pictures aren't really required either, USCIS will just use the one from biometrics. If somehow your biometrics get waived they'll RFE you for passport photos.

2. What form is this in relation to?

1. Thank you, 2. She been told by her friend that her abuser will have right on the child. She will need to take his permission to take baby out of the country and he can file case for the custody of the baby. She just want to purge his existence from baby's life. I am not in position to say what is right or wrong, just trying to help her by asking wise people here. 

17 hours ago, Sk1992 said:

Yes I don’t have any EAD for past two years.!! N my lawyer never agreed to do c09 but when she did i360 she filed c31 separately.! So this was my question.. that since my vawa has been approved so how long can it take for them to approve i765 under c31?

If your lawyer request for a c31, you will get it in about a month from it says new card in production 

2. She been told by her friend that her abuser will have right on the child. She will need to take his permission to take baby out of the country and he can file case for the custody of the baby. She just want to purge his existence from baby's life. I am not in position to say what is right or wrong, just trying to help her by asking wise people here.

Well here's the thing: You can't kidnap your own child unless there's a custody agreement in place that you would be violating by taking the kid out of the country. You do not need the spouse's consent to bring the kid abroad but you could make yourself inadmissible by withholding custody from a US Citizen parent. The correct way around this would be to sue for full custody in a state court.

Contradictions without citations only make you look dumb.

Timeline
3 hours ago, Giotwenty Nyc said:

Hey. That’s really nice. Would you mind sharing your timeline as you are in New York

08/06/2019  ND/PD I-360. I-485. I-765

02/24/2021. I-360 card is being produced 

04/20/2021. I-360 case approved 

05/2…../2021 received RFE for medical to send in

05/26/ 2021 I went to the clinic for the medical 

06/…./2021 I go back for the report 

14 minutes ago, sheima said:

Very high chance for your interview to be waived. mines was waived after sending Medicals NYC too. Good Luck.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Norway
Timeline

Good week VJ family!

Wishing everyone a speedy immigration process.

It’s heartwarming to see approvals while following each other’s journey!

Everything gets easier from then on. You can go back to school and become whoever you want to, which is not possible in our own countries!

We’ve all met haters along the way who made our lives hard. But it’s a blessing in disguise because it’s these moments that show us that we can stand on our own with God’s help. Sharing an encouraging quote;

CF1B911E-B771-4F21-BBB0-29682464BF5C.jpeg

1 hour ago, sheima said:

Wow that was super fast after I-360 approval!
You will get your GC soon!!

08/2017 - Married USC

09/2017 - Application for I-485, I-765, I-131

12/2017 - Approval  I-765, I-131

09/2018 Renewal application for I-765, I-131

04/2019 - I-485 interview scheduled 

04/2019 - I-485 denied, husband withdrew

05/2019 - Application for  I-360, I-485, I-765, I-131 

12/2019 EAD, AP approval

07/2020 EAD, AP renewal sent to Vermont

10/2020 EAD, AP Approval

11/2020 VAWA I-360 Approved (C31 produced)

01/2021 I-360 status changed to case approved

03/2021 - I-693 deficient notice from national benefit center

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
On 5/25/2021 at 2:00 PM, Mortaldreams said:

Hi Dmytri first I would say congratulation you did it you were worried but you did it I was readying your posts. uscis turned you and updated your case I said myself. it so close now because I was September 19 :) but still waiting good news .my question is I didn’t get any rfe but after I was reading your post even you didn’t get but you submitted some of documents (evidence ) so I have some evidence ( pic,Friend statement, audio ( I will write them down ) can I send them or just wait decision and if yes how can I send because normally I did with attorney now I don’t know if my attorney will accept to send new documents ! 

I don't think that audio is necessary, so if I were you I would just wait for a final decision.
But it never hurts to send anything...its your case so if you feel like it you can do it.
Just mail to standard Vermont SC address...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.