2,947 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, balo101 said:

thank you.

The reason i was asking. A friend of mine filled VAWA last month. She did not get fingerprint appointment yet. may be they might give her the work permit without fingerprint.

I got my EAD without fingerprint in August 2020...then a few months later (after i sent them a message to say i never got the biometric info,) I got the biometric information scheduled for Feb 2021.

hello to all - I filed my VAWA, 485 and 765 to Vermont in January 2021, as of today it has been 135 (almost 6months) days with no notice of receipt received yet.
I have sent a notarized letter of inquiry after about 80 days of waiting and sent in congressional inquiry about a month ago. What are my other options? Is this a normal wait time?

Thanks

25 minutes ago, hoping4goodnewz said:

hello to all - I filed my VAWA, 485 and 765 to Vermont in January 2021, as of today it has been 135 (almost 6months) days with no notice of receipt received yet.
I have sent a notarized letter of inquiry after about 80 days of waiting and sent in congressional inquiry about a month ago. What are my other options? Is this a normal wait time?

Thanks

wow that is insane. 

Did you send the check/money order for your i-485? Or you send it with fee waivers?

A friend of mine sent her package on 04/27 and she received her receipts on 05/10. 

Just now, balo101 said:

wow that is insane. 

Did you send the check/money order for your i-485? Or you send it with fee waivers?

A friend of mine sent her package on 04/27 and she received her receipts on 05/10. 

I sent in with a cheque and I saw that they have cashed the i-485 cheque 2 weeks after I sent the application. So that means the office has it, why they didn't send NOA is a mystery and I've followed up with letters to no avail

Just now, hoping4goodnewz said:

I sent in with a cheque and I saw that they have cashed the i-485 cheque 2 weeks after I sent the application. So that means the office has it, why they didn't send NOA is a mystery and I've followed up with letters to no avail

just making sure did you check the address on the forms? Did you have the right address? 

Did you get any phone notification or email that uscis issues receipt numbers to you?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
16 hours ago, Rosa Garcia said:

Hello!! Congratulations from the bottom of my heart! 

Question! If you entered the country on K1 visa why didn't you file I-751 vawa?  You never received a temporary 2 year green card ? 

correct, never received a GC.
I think if you did get a 2 year GC then you can get a 10 year one even if you are divorced without vawa...

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
On 5/23/2021 at 10:12 AM, Giotwenty Nyc said:

A silent reader over here. I would like to share my timeline as this page helped me a lot during this long wait.

i485 & i360 - sept 2019

1st PF - nov 2019 expired nov 2020

COMPLETE SILENCE 

May 20, 2021- i360 update new card is produced 

(19 months and 3 weeks)

I believe that’s a sign of 360 approval according to this forum and my own research. Correct me if I am wrong please.

Thank you all the members! Good luck to everyone.

Congratulation, Same Happened to me.

I am Feb/2019 filer.

My Card was produced in March-2021

Case Approval Notice in May-2021

I-485 Case got transferred to NBC.

Waiting for further updated.

Feb - 18 - 2019  - I360/I-485/I-765 Filled  ( Vermont )

Feb - 25 - 2019  - I360/I-485/I-765  Received

Sep - 17 -2019   - I-765 Approved. (C9)

Jun - 20 - 2020  - I-765 Renewal Sent

Sep - 08 - 2020  - I-765 - Approved (C9)

Oct - 15 - 2020  -  RFE Received ( Good Faith Marriage )

Nov - 15 - 2020  - RFE Sent

Mar - 05 - 2021  - EAD Approved ( C31 )

Mar - 05 - 2021  - I-360 Approved 

Mar - 08 - 2021  - I-485 Case Moved to new office. 

May - 25 -2021  - I-360 Approval Notice Arrived

Nov - 12 -2021  - i-693 - Notice to Submit Medical

Nov - 17 -2021  - i-693 - Sent to USCIS 

Dec -16 2021 - I-485 Approved, GC in Production.

Field Office : Long Island, NY

11 hours ago, God is a good God said:

I am in a very difficult situation but i will win no matter what. Need advice:

-i have  an asylum master hearing January 2022.

-went for i130 interview nov2018 and divorced July 2019.

-march 2018 I-140NIW approved

-applied for i360 October 2019

-nov 2020 applied i485 with court, pending.

-Fev 2021 got denial decision on i130 and place on 204c fraud (that i disagree, got a notorized letter from my ex wife stating out marriage was real, got also additional notorized letters from friends and neighbors stating we lived together) and many additional new bills of us

-now waiting for i360 decision to see if it's approved or denied if i can appeal the denial or if i get RFE).

NOW, i am considering applying for advanced parole based on pending asylum. If i360 get denied, i will appeal and take a risk to go to Canada with the advance parole and seek re-entry. If i am admitted back, i can use that to file green card based on approved i140niw self petitioner (as of matter of arrabelly 2012 that re-entry on advance parole is considered "inspected and admitted). Considering filing 237(a)(1)(H) (a marriage fraud relief) as well as last option. Any advice @Demise@Stillwinning!!!😊

Really tough but hey keep your spirits up! I wouldn’t advise you file AP based on asylum as you’ve petitioned for vawa! Patiently wait for a decision on your case then go from there... hopefully Sandra has something valuable to share with  you concerning this! Stay strong dear.😊👍

16 hours ago, Valerie899 said:

immigration sent me an RFE for medicals last week, i just sent them today.How long does it take to get an answer 😁

Anytime from 2-4 weeks...in some cases more.. just stay expectant..looks like the end is near after all!😊

14 hours ago, Aarontx90 said:

it's better to wait for Vawa approval, perhaps even after that wait for gc before travel.

Thank you once again.

My final advise to you will be the replication of your own words above! Do NOT gamble with immigration matters! I know you feel it in your guts that you shouldn’t make any move that’s uncalled for! Stay put till you can feel solid ground!👍

17 minutes ago, balo101 said:

just making sure did you check the address on the forms? Did you have the right address? 

Did you get any phone notification or email that uscis issues receipt numbers to you?

yeah I have the right address on the forms, even my lawyer has not received her copy. so not sent to two addresses is telling me they haven't sent it

no phone/email notification either. I just don't know what to do at this point. 

1 minute ago, hoping4goodnewz said:

yeah I have the right address on the forms, even my lawyer has not received her copy. so not sent to two addresses is telling me they haven't sent it

no phone/email notification either. I just don't know what to do at this point. 

did you present your congressman a copy of cashed check? 

I would say write to vermont and send them a proof of cashed check as well. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.