2,947 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: China
Timeline

Hi all,

sending everyone fast approval energy!

so i looked everywhere on my RFE letter and there’s not a response deadline! Is this normal?

44 minutes ago, 2020filer said:

I didn't know we had to pay for the extension. Is that in all cases?

not necessarily,

if you have pending i-485 and you paid the fee for i-485 then your EAD renewal and AP are free. 

if you are renewing based on c31 which is based on Approved VAWA then you have to pay for it.

Edited by balo101

Guys I just found out some great news for me, My Vawa was approved as me being a LPR Battered Spouse on 2019, but my abuser became a US Citizen on September 2020, 8 months prior to my green card  being approved, looking at my Green Card I see my COA (class of admission) is IB6 which is stand for Self Petition Spouse of a US Citizens (SO HAPPY I didn't even know what this code stands for) So USCIS upgrade my category of an battered spouse of an LPR to a Battered Spouse of a US citizens since abuser is

US Citizens now.  This means I can apply for my Us citizenship within 3 year period.. This is Correct? :) 

Edited by FeDaniela

12 hours ago, ajango said:

Thank you for your reply. Yes I qualify for I360. Would I need to file the I360 with I485 again ? since i will be requesting that my pending i-485 be held in abeyance. Please along with the I360 what else do i need to file asap

Been busy. Anyway you only have to file the i360 as you already have a pending i485. This pending petition is what I was talking about that you should ask the officer to hold it pending when your vawa is decided!👍

6 hours ago, kkc171 said:

Hi all,

sending everyone fast approval energy!

so i looked everywhere on my RFE letter and there’s not a response deadline! Is this normal?

Yes it’s normal...as in some folks here have encountered the same. This doesn’t necessarily mean you should relax, ensure to respond and send it back as soon as possible.👍

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
19 hours ago, isurvived said:

Thanks to all who contributed to my PR question. Sent her screenshots of responses. I hope it'll help her make the right decision. 

I have been to PR but I was not in removal proceedings and they asked for passport and AP before I could board the plane.  IJS

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Norway
Timeline
7 hours ago, FeDaniela said:

Guys I just found out some great news for me, My Vawa was approved as me being a LPR Battered Spouse on 2019, but my abuser became a US Citizen on September 2020, 8 months prior to my green card  being approved, looking at my Green Card I see my COA (class of admission) is IB6 which is stand for Self Petition Spouse of a US Citizens (SO HAPPY I didn't even know what this code stands for) So USCIS upgrade my category of an battered spouse of an LPR to a Battered Spouse of a US citizens since abuser is

US Citizens now.  This means I can apply for my Us citizenship within 3 year period.. This is Correct? :) 

Yes that’s true. You can technically send in your N-400 2years and 9 months after you received your GC. 

Timeline
9 hours ago, FeDaniela said:

Congratulations that’s a good news,  meaning they approved your green card since 2019 ?

If this is correct then you have a few months to apply for a citizenship, this is really good, you waited for this process patiently, 🗽🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline
On 5/20/2021 at 3:35 AM, ajango said:

My situation

I came into the US with F-1 visa. During my F-1 OPT, I got married to USC June 10th 2020 and filed a family based i-485 on July 15th 2020. I have since received my Combo EAD and was waiting for my interview to be scheduled.

The Problem

A domestic violent incident occurred on May 5th,2021 (I have the police report ). My USC spouse attacked me and she is been charged with felony. We are currently separated and divorce is been arranged. I received a notification that my interview for the original family based I-485 has been scheduled for June 15th, 2021. But now I am separated because of the domestic violence incident.

My Urgent Question

How do I request USCIS  to have my interview based on the VAWA case and not the family i-485. I know I have to convert my I-130 to I-360 but do I just go to the interview and present my new documents or do I need to contact them before the interview to let them know of my situation. My family based i-485 is fast approaching and I feel like I need to do something fast before that day.

Thank you so much for your help

You must go to the interview,  you just can ask the officer to put your case on hold until your VAWA is adjudicated,but if your spouse withdraws  form I-130 and I-864  the officer will deny the AOS and you just need to refile again.

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline
18 hours ago, FeDaniela said:

Yes you can apply using the 3 year rule.

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
21 hours ago, 2020filer said:

I didn't know we had to pay for the extension. Is that in all cases?

If you have a fee waiver for I-485 then you have to pay for extension.

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.