2,947 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Benin
Timeline
49 minutes ago, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

Hey dear, this particular update is still in the ‘School of thoughts’  for us at VJ! Lol 😀 It is a generic update USCIS uses whenever your file is visited for any reason. I like to say Administrative Processing! It’s probably a good thing as you may be hearing from them soon! Keep your fingers crossed and stay prayerful!😊👍

@stiilwinning, Many Thanks 

Filed: Other Country: Ghana
Timeline
52 minutes ago, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

Hey dear, this particular update is still in the ‘School of thoughts’  for us at VJ! Lol 😀 It is a generic update USCIS uses whenever your file is visited for any reason. I like to say Administrative Processing! It’s probably a good thing as you may be hearing from them soon! Keep your fingers crossed and stay prayerful!😊👍

Okay, God bless you. 

Filed: Other Timeline

Hello again everyone,

I shared my situation a couple of pages ago regarding a NOID on grounds of inadmisabilility. I've consulted with 2 attorneys, (my situation is complex), one says to move forward with filing a I601 waiver, while the other says to respond without the waiver and  further explain the connection of the exit/re-entry. Has anyone had a similar experience?  Or can anyone advise? Please.

Thank you.

3 hours ago, Pinkrlion said:

Although PR is considered a US Territory, she should not leave 48 state land

I said the same, but she already paid for flight and hotel 🤣🤣🤣. Thanks for the advise 

3 hours ago, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

I wouldn’t advise anyone in removal proceedings to travel anywhere outside the United States! This is my logical advice! Don’t do it!🙅‍♀️

Thanks for the advise. I told her, but she insists iys part of US territory so it might be fine. Will let her know

18 hours ago, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

Oh dear! USCIS is unpredictable as always! Most of those documents you provided prove shared residence more than it proves good faith marriage! The famous affidavits both from family, friends and neighbors in addition to yours will greatly help! USCIS is interested in timelines just to make certain you didn’t ‘hook up’ for immigration benefits! I suggest you get to work on how it all started.. up to marriage and beyond.. I have come to learn that USCIS values this information a lot. It actually contributes to some extent on what influences the outcome of their decisions! Give them pictures.. explaining the progression of events/relationship. I believe you will be alright. Stay strong in this..do not let them or anyone else break your spirit!👍

I don’t know how people write affidavits !! Uscis says in the letter that the affidavits are vague and not convincing ! 
i don’t know how people should write them ! Please could you help me ? 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Italy
Timeline
6 hours ago, isurvived said:

Hello all, 

Thanks for all your well wishes 🙏🏾🙏🏾🙏🏾🙏🏾

Question: I have a friend in removal proceeding with AOS pending. She does not have AP with her EAD. She is planning to go to Puerto Rico on vacation, is this a good idea? Can she go there and come back without issues?

Hello dear, this comes from my personal experience. Travelled to Puerto rico in 2019 and then moved to us virgin island (all us territory). While at the airport for my flight back to Miami-nyc they asked my passport and my advance parole. 
So from my personal experience I would suggest your friend to do not travel out of mainland without AP. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Italy
Timeline
21 hours ago, Mortaldreams said:

would you share this month with me, I also wanted that month or July :) 

Absolutely! Sharing is caring! Wish you to have answers in June or July... you pick 😝

14 minutes ago, Fishy89 said:

I don’t know how people write affidavits !! Uscis says in the letter that the affidavits are vague and not convincing ! 
i don’t know how people should write them ! Please could you help me ? 

Believe me detail is what makes the difference all the time! Include the progressive timeline I talked about yesterday.. names of places, people etc. Start from the beginning, leave nothing out! You’ll be fine my dear! 😊👍

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline
4 hours ago, Apolo said:

Good afternoon VJ family i hope everyone has an amazing week so far?  I was wondering @sandranj if its possible to  have a consultation with you or if im able to ask you 2-3 questions in private regarding my case ? 

Thank you for all that you do and i wish every single one of the amazing people that are a part of this forum to have that approval and positive outcome on your cases   ❤️🙏

You can send me a private message on VJ.

14 minutes ago, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

Believe me detail is what makes the difference all the time! Include the progressive timeline I talked about yesterday.. names of places, people etc. Start from the beginning, leave nothing out! You’ll be fine my dear! 😊👍

They should to be notarized or signed and dated is enough  ? 
thank you dear for your help

9 minutes ago, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

You are right @Stillwinning!!!😊. Give details with dates and times @Fishy89 and attached pictorial evidences, receipts etc.

For example; i attached some of my access badges to Military Forts to visit my ex in Fort L*****, they all had dates to match my claims in the affidavits. I included mailing receipts to the Forts. It's like telling a story with evidences attached. Please don't overlook anything, every single evidence is important. Goodluck

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline
19 hours ago, Fishy89 said:

Hello family ! 
finally i received a RFE letter AFTER 3 years waiting , they are requesting proof of good faith marriage , they want me to proof that i was living with my abusive spouse ! 
I sent them lease agreement , electricity bills showing our names and the same address , joint checking bank account , insurance policy , our divers licenses showing the same address checks showing our names together and the same address , affidavits from friends and neighbors !  They stated in the letter that they received all of that and they are all don't proof good faith marriage ! 
i have been waiting for more than 3 years now and i don’t have any evidences to send them ! 

what should i do please help me ! 

You prove a bonafide marriage showing the intent to enter into a good faith marriage.It does't matter how many commingling finances you have with the person.Probably your affidavit lacks detail about the courtship. I wrote several times on VJ what the person must mention when writing an affidavit. 

5 minutes ago, sandranj said:

You prove a bonafide marriage showing the intent to enter into a good faith marriage.It does't matter how many commingling finances you have with the person.Probably your affidavit lacks detail about the courtship. I wrote several times on VJ what the person must mention when writing an affidavit. 

Thank you so much for you reply to my post , can i talk to you privately i just want some help to write them correctly as needed .. 

thank you so much dear @sandranj

9 minutes ago, Fishy89 said:

They should to be notarized or signed and dated is enough  ? 
thank you dear for your help

The requirement is for it to be notarized. The ones from outside USA may just be signed and dated. I had a couple of affidavits from home country that weren’t notarized!👍

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.