2,947 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Brooklynguy1 said:

Thank you ! This is my timeline below!

04/2017 i-360 filed

04/17 i-485 filed

09/25/18 I-360 approved

09/26/18 i-485 your case was transferred to another office for processing 

04/04/2021 I-485 medical from Brooklyn office(Local)

04/28/2021 I-485 Local office received my medicals. 
5/07/2021 I-485 New card is being produced.

“My green card has been approved without interview “

•  

Congratulations 🎉🎈🍾 

On 5/9/2021 at 1:43 AM, Koi1 said:

Hi guys, i am very new. I will post my entire case here. 
-Been in the US 6 years this year in oct. 

-filed asylum in feb 2018, got denied and sent to removal proceedings. 
-got married and sent i130 to uscis aug 2018

took so so long to get interview

-interview sept 2020- approved i130

- march 2021 separate from husband. He was extremely abusive to me all the time. 
- i had called the cops on him one time in 2018 but he threatened me not to tell anything because no one would believe me and i will be deported, so I never said anything but there’s still a report about me calling the police to come. 
-june 2020, his abusive ways again i had my nails done a day before to a stiletto shape never have i ever had that before wanted something new, we argued and he pushed me really hard i got hit and fell and while trying to hold onto something he got scratched by my nails, i left the house and said we need to cool off. He threatened to call cops if i leave like he had done so many times to me before but this time i said no we need to calm down we’ll talk about this whole argument and incident later, i leave, he calls police and lies i assaulted him. I get arrested and charged with misdemeanor b domestic assault.

- march 2021 charge reduced to misdemeanor c disorderly conduct no domestic violence tag and dismissed later. 
- we went to therapy together because i demanded it for me to be able to stay with him after the incident when he lied and got me arrested. Had therapy with a domestic violence counselor and she told him many times he is the one abusing me and subjecting me to domestic violence. 
Fast forward, I finally told our i130 lawyer after he tried to remove me from the country to Mexico knowing I’ll get stuck and hoping for it. She told me to file Vawa and i am in the process of filing vawa. I have a couple questions..

1. Can i use i130 priority date to get my i360 adjudicated faster then waiting a million years? 
2. Is it possible for me to get work permit while i wait? Even in removal? I am in Utah. Its been a long time i work without and no hope no work permit no nothing.

3. Will my charge affect my vawa and green card? 
4. i have my affidavit, i have our therapist notes saying she could clearly see abuse, affidavit from 2 friends who witnessed him being very abusive, he even confronted one and almost beat him up after he pushed me so hard I almost fall. My pastor knows everything he talked to me sometime and he will write for me what he knows. I have texts of him insulting me and voice notes he send me calling me all kinds of names. Can i send this?  I am always depressed but I don’t live with him anymore. Does this sound enough? I am freaking out. My lawyer says i have a strong case but I still can’t hell but wonder if it’s enough. 

What i can tell you, don't let anyone tell you that you can't file vawa. Go ahead and file and explain the situation in a personal declaration and gather all the proofs you have of you calling police on him and explain how he lied when you got arrested. In this country you fight for your case until you win. Not doing anything will leave you undocumented for life. Go file vawa or cancellation of removal. You qualify for vawa cancelation of removal since it's not a big crime. I have a complicated case with a 204c bar on file but I'm fighting until i reverse that and get my GC. There people here that have been approved with insufficient proofs,... I read a case that was approved only with a personal declaration only, ... immigration officers use their discretion on case to case basis... You will be approved.

Good Luck

Edited by God is a good God

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline
On 5/10/2021 at 6:41 PM, ridimic1 said:

I GOT AN UPDATE THAT MY  I360 CARD WAS MAILED TO ME.  

is this card different from work permit? because i just file for my renewal of workpermit.

and does this means my i485 is transfered?

What they send is the work permit category C31 when the VAWA is approved. They can take a few weeks to transfer the case to NBC and then local office.

6 hours ago, MariaX said:

What  is my priority date  , when case received or when submitted, for example they received my case June  1 and submitted Jun 25 

There is no priority If your spouse is a U.S Citizen.

Timeline
18 hours ago, HolaBola31 said:

Hey @sandranj I have a question for my friend who is very anxious. She has 2 lawyers and They are trying to keep her away from divorcing with her husband by agreement saying that if she will divorce in just regular way she won’t be able to get her citizenship because the reason for that should be divorce by abuse.

I don’t think that is tru. But I just want to show her an answer from professional. So she will believe. She already paid them huge bunch of money and her process is stayed in the same place since her husband will never sign a divorce papers based on abuse.

Thank you very much🙏🏻

And thank you very much for all your advices you were giving. I got a GC. And it’s just because I was reading here the bunch of useful things! 

She will obtain citizenship if her divorce was based on abuse or not?.Tell her not to walk but to run, clearly these 2 lawyers don't know anything about Immigration Law and Family Law.

Timeline
On 5/11/2021 at 3:00 AM, Demise said:

Anyone know if terminating removal proceedings with an approved I-360 is doable these days? I know that under AG Sessions it became neigh impossible but I'm hoping for a return to the old Obama-era policy where you can file a motion to terminate if you are eligible for AOS.

@sandranj I'm pinging you because you're like the only person in this thread actually versed with the current court procedures.

Many Courts are rejecting Session's decision. The  3rd,4th and 7th  Circuits agreed that the Immigrations Judges have authority to close  cases of removal, but other Courts are still applying Session's decision.

Edited by sandranj

12 hours ago, lonelyheartclub said:

Hi All, 

Hope everyone is happy & healthy in these challenging times.

What is the difference between C09 & C31 ? Does that mean the i360 is approved ? I got the same notification, what happens now?

if you are getting C31 that means you VAWA is approved. 

You get C31 when Vawa is approved and c09 when i-485 is pending.

Filed: Other Country: Greece
Timeline
1 hour ago, sandranj said:

What they send is the work permit category C31 when the VAWA is approved. They can take a few weeks to transfer the case to NBC and then local office.

There is no priority If your spouse is a U.S Citizen.

I’m sorry I mean what from  date could I counting , from recived or from submitted 

14 hours ago, Brooklynguy1 said:

Hi BJ family ! I have got this update today . 

DAB7E52B-120D-4A5E-8E07-6C58E193F177.jpeg

Congratulations NYC local office is working!!! YAY

Timeline
2 hours ago, sandranj said:

Many Courts are rejecting Session's decision. The  3rd,4th and 7th  Circuits agreed that the Immigrations Judges have authority to close  cases of removal, but other Courts are still applying Session's decision.

Hey @sandranj do you Know how long that would take They received my In January this year Motion to terminate Vawa approved deportation in Absentia back in 2005 !

Boston court 

Thank you  

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: India
Timeline
On 5/7/2021 at 8:39 AM, Precious100 said:

Hello family, I have my 485  vawa interview coming up, what documents do I need to go with or submit ?

Hello @Precious100, Congrats on the interview. Did you get the date for interview yet?

Also, can you share your timeline ? thanks

Timeline
On 5/10/2021 at 8:38 PM, Sk1992 said:

Hi everyone, i just received the approval letter today for i360 . But still nothing on i765 c31 ? How long you guys think it can take for them to approve ead  as the vawa petition has approved. How long more i have to wait for green card. I m in California. N last question.. will i be able to apply driver’s license with my approval letter? Thanks in advance 🙏

It takes 10/15 days to receive the  EAD C31.California takes long time to schedule the interview, 9/15months.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.