2,947 posts in this topic

9 hours ago, FeDaniela said:

Guys.... My Green Card has been approved, No interview. received the notification now.... 😭😭😭😭 My journey is finally over 

I-485 2017 marriage (put on hold May 2019)

I-360 June 2018 

I-360 Approved Dec. 2019

I-485 RFE for I-693 medicals Feb 2021(Sent )

I-485 New Card is being produce May 2021 

(3 months after I sent my updated I-693) 

NYC Local Office 

94932438-E4C6-4782-AD3F-FFA68934ECD0.jpeg

Yayyy 🎉🎉🎉 congrats buddy !! I am super dooper happy for you

11 hours ago, TBoneTX said:

Congratulations, dear!  How great you must feel!  All the angst, worry, and suffering fall away.

[Note to self:  joke worked again... post more jokes... post more...]

Words cannot described this happiness. Thank you for all your support and jokes to help goes through this journey and to the greatest on this field @sandranj

4 hours ago, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

Just seeing this while getting ready for work.. so happy for you! Congratulations 🎊🍾🎉🎈 God is so good! To everyone here still waiting, never give up, your day is near!🙏😀

Thank you friend... Finally :) 

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline
8 hours ago, Demise said:

Anyone know if terminating removal proceedings with an approved I-360 is doable these days? I know that under AG Sessions it became neigh impossible but I'm hoping for a return to the old Obama-era policy where you can file a motion to terminate if you are eligible for AOS.

@sandranj I'm pinging you because you're like the only person in this thread actually versed with the current court procedures.

Yes I'm Vawa approved last year June Send the motion to terminate w the court in January this year  was in Removal in Absentia Boston Field After they received nothing anymore !!

Hey @sandranj I have a question for my friend who is very anxious. She has 2 lawyers and They are trying to keep her away from divorcing with her husband by agreement saying that if she will divorce in just regular way she won’t be able to get her citizenship because the reason for that should be divorce by abuse.

I don’t think that is tru. But I just want to show her an answer from professional. So she will believe. She already paid them huge bunch of money and her process is stayed in the same place since her husband will never sign a divorce papers based on abuse.

Thank you very much🙏🏻

And thank you very much for all your advices you were giving. I got a GC. And it’s just because I was reading here the bunch of useful things! 

Edited by HolaBola31

Filed: Other Timeline
17 hours ago, lolaB998 said:

This is your C31 work permit! Congrats!!!

I-485 is typically transferred a couple of months or weeks after approval. Sometimes same day, sometimes they don’t really tell you it was transferred

So what you’re saying then, it would not make sense to apply for a renewal of your expired EAD then if you’ve already received one from your approved I-360. Right?

15 hours ago, ridimic1 said:

any chicago approval in the house?. howlong does it take to get interview right after i360 approval

latest info I got on Chiraq is about 9 months waiting time for an interview in general. A good friend has an interview in Chiraq on Friday 9 months after approval. Should be a breeze. I also have another friend who is waiting 20 months and still no interview in Chi

1 hour ago, Elisana said:

Anyone can tell me what questions they ask on the interview please

Thank you 

They usually go over all the I-485 form questions, plus personal questions current address, Job, Entry to usa etc... 

1 hour ago, HolaBola31 said:

Hey @sandranj I have a question for my friend who is very anxious. She has 2 lawyers and They are trying to keep her away from divorcing with her husband by agreement saying that if she will divorce in just regular way she won’t be able to get her citizenship because the reason for that should be divorce by abuse.

I don’t think that is tru. But I just want to show her an answer from professional. So she will believe. She already paid them huge bunch of money and her process is stayed in the same place since her husband will never sign a divorce papers based on abuse.

Thank you very much🙏🏻

And thank you very much for all your advices you were giving. I got a GC. And it’s just because I was reading here the bunch of useful things! 

Anecdotally, it is also the advice that I got, and one of the reasons I have delayed divorcing him for now even though we are separated. I just wanted to leave without trouble so I wanted a no-fault divorce, and even though I ended up not using a lawyer, it was definitely the advice I got...and took because I heard it from a few credible sources but it is possible it actually doesn't matter in the grand scheme. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.