2,947 posts in this topic

23 hours ago, PayingForward said:

I don’t think there are set rules on who gets interview waiver. It’s completely officers discretion 

There is discretion involved but an entry without inspection tends to get you summed to an interview, even if you are otherwise eligible to AOS after an EWI like with 245(i), VAWA, SIJ, and a few others.

Contradictions without citations only make you look dumb.

Filed: Other Country: Greece
Timeline
13 minutes ago, Demise said:

There is discretion involved but an entry without inspection tends to get you summed to an interview, even if you are otherwise eligible to AOS after an EWI like with 245(i), VAWA, SIJ, and a few others.

I entered the border by turist visa and I have never sent any immigration application. I just sent the vawa application. I worked without permission and asked forgiveness, also About by visa, because I had 6 month valid staid legal in this country. 

On 5/9/2021 at 12:43 AM, Koi1 said:

Hi guys, i am very new. I will post my entire case here. 
-Been in the US 6 years this year in oct. 

-filed asylum in feb 2018, got denied and sent to removal proceedings. 
-got married and sent i130 to uscis aug 2018

took so so long to get interview

-interview sept 2020- approved i130

- march 2021 separate from husband. He was extremely abusive to me all the time. 
- i had called the cops on him one time in 2018 but he threatened me not to tell anything because no one would believe me and i will be deported, so I never said anything but there’s still a report about me calling the police to come. 
-june 2020, his abusive ways again i had my nails done a day before to a stiletto shape never have i ever had that before wanted something new, we argued and he pushed me really hard i got hit and fell and while trying to hold onto something he got scratched by my nails, i left the house and said we need to cool off. He threatened to call cops if i leave like he had done so many times to me before but this time i said no we need to calm down we’ll talk about this whole argument and incident later, i leave, he calls police and lies i assaulted him. I get arrested and charged with misdemeanor b domestic assault.

- march 2021 charge reduced to misdemeanor c disorderly conduct no domestic violence tag and dismissed later. 
- we went to therapy together because i demanded it for me to be able to stay with him after the incident when he lied and got me arrested. Had therapy with a domestic violence counselor and she told him many times he is the one abusing me and subjecting me to domestic violence. 
Fast forward, I finally told our i130 lawyer after he tried to remove me from the country to Mexico knowing I’ll get stuck and hoping for it. She told me to file Vawa and i am in the process of filing vawa. I have a couple questions..

1. Can i use i130 priority date to get my i360 adjudicated faster then waiting a million years? 
2. Is it possible for me to get work permit while i wait? Even in removal? I am in Utah. Its been a long time i work without and no hope no work permit no nothing.

3. Will my charge affect my vawa and green card? 
4. i have my affidavit, i have our therapist notes saying she could clearly see abuse, affidavit from 2 friends who witnessed him being very abusive, he even confronted one and almost beat him up after he pushed me so hard I almost fall. My pastor knows everything he talked to me sometime and he will write for me what he knows. I have texts of him insulting me and voice notes he send me calling me all kinds of names. Can i send this?  I am always depressed but I don’t live with him anymore. Does this sound enough? I am freaking out. My lawyer says i have a strong case but I still can’t hell but wonder if it’s enough. 

Guys can someone please help answer my questions? I would really appreciate. I am in limbo here. I’ve read the previous posts but I can’t seem to find much information about people in removal applying to VAWA and getting work permit in the meantime. Can some help me? My lawyer says i have to wait until vawa is approved but i am almost giving up now. It’s been many years it just seems my life is on hold I can’t move forward or do anything because I’m always living in fear. No good job can’t even go back to school. It’s extremely depressing. 

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
5 hours ago, Koi1 said:

Guys can someone please help answer my questions? I would really appreciate. I am in limbo here. I’ve read the previous posts but I can’t seem to find much information about people in removal applying to VAWA and getting work permit in the meantime. Can some help me? My lawyer says i have to wait until vawa is approved but i am almost giving up now. It’s been many years it just seems my life is on hold I can’t move forward or do anything because I’m always living in fear. No good job can’t even go back to school. It’s extremely depressing. 

I tagged Sandra she will reply when she logs in

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

6 hours ago, Koi1 said:

I am not an attorney, but from what I read on this forum and other sources, there is no way to expedite adjudication of Vawa. As for the work permit, they will send it to you AFTER your Vawa case is approved, so it means you will hve to wait until that happens.
When you file your case, and if it looks good to them, they will send you a Prima facie paper, which you can use to get some public assistance benefits while you are waiting for the adjudication of your case. They usually send it pretty fast, for me it was about a month after I filed. You can go back to school with that paper and use it for financial aid (people on this forum have done this). 
I don’t have an answer about your charges, as I don’t know anything about similar situations.

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline
On 5/9/2021 at 2:43 AM, Koi1 said:

Hi guys, i am very new. I will post my entire case here. 
-Been in the US 6 years this year in oct. 

-filed asylum in feb 2018, got denied and sent to removal proceedings. 
-got married and sent i130 to uscis aug 2018

took so so long to get interview

-interview sept 2020- approved i130

- march 2021 separate from husband. He was extremely abusive to me all the time. 
- i had called the cops on him one time in 2018 but he threatened me not to tell anything because no one would believe me and i will be deported, so I never said anything but there’s still a report about me calling the police to come. 
-june 2020, his abusive ways again i had my nails done a day before to a stiletto shape never have i ever had that before wanted something new, we argued and he pushed me really hard i got hit and fell and while trying to hold onto something he got scratched by my nails, i left the house and said we need to cool off. He threatened to call cops if i leave like he had done so many times to me before but this time i said no we need to calm down we’ll talk about this whole argument and incident later, i leave, he calls police and lies i assaulted him. I get arrested and charged with misdemeanor b domestic assault.

- march 2021 charge reduced to misdemeanor c disorderly conduct no domestic violence tag and dismissed later. 
- we went to therapy together because i demanded it for me to be able to stay with him after the incident when he lied and got me arrested. Had therapy with a domestic violence counselor and she told him many times he is the one abusing me and subjecting me to domestic violence. 
Fast forward, I finally told our i130 lawyer after he tried to remove me from the country to Mexico knowing I’ll get stuck and hoping for it. She told me to file Vawa and i am in the process of filing vawa. I have a couple questions..

1. Can i use i130 priority date to get my i360 adjudicated faster then waiting a million years? 
2. Is it possible for me to get work permit while i wait? Even in removal? I am in Utah. Its been a long time i work without and no hope no work permit no nothing.

3. Will my charge affect my vawa and green card? 
4. i have my affidavit, i have our therapist notes saying she could clearly see abuse, affidavit from 2 friends who witnessed him being very abusive, he even confronted one and almost beat him up after he pushed me so hard I almost fall. My pastor knows everything he talked to me sometime and he will write for me what he knows. I have texts of him insulting me and voice notes he send me calling me all kinds of names. Can i send this?  I am always depressed but I don’t live with him anymore. Does this sound enough? I am freaking out. My lawyer says i have a strong case but I still can’t hell but wonder if it’s enough. 

Your spouse is a U.S then there is no priority date.It will take at least 16 months to have the VAWA adjudicated.You won't be able to get work permit while in removal.Your charge my have some bad effect in your case, it doesn't matter is just a misdemeanor, USCIS will rely on what they will read from the Court deposition.I assume your attorney asked you to get this document .Your evaluation must mention the abuse in detail.If you have maintained  continuous presence in the U.S for 10 years you can file cancelation of removal and then you can get work permit.

Edited by sandranj

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline
14 hours ago, TBoneTX said:

Because approvals and other good things have happened previously, and because Correlation (might) = Causation, here is another Official VAWA-Thread Joke of the Week:

-----------

TWO SIDES OF THE STORY

A little girl asked her mother, "How did the human race appear?"

The mother answered, "God made Adam and Eve and they had children, and so was all mankind made."

Two days later, the girl asked her father the same question.  The father answered, "Many years ago, there were monkeys from which the human race evolved."

The confused girl returned to her mother and said, "Mom, how is it possible that you told me that the human race was created by God, and Dad said they developed from monkeys?"

The mother answered, "Well, dear, it's very simple.  I told you about MY side of the family, and your father told you about HIS."

:P 

Hahahahahahah

Timeline
42 minutes ago, Comforter said:

Good evening everyone, I got an updated that name has been updated on i485 .I did not do any name change.,my vawa was approved  June 2020. What does it mean

I've had the same status after my interview, I also did not change my name. I think this status appears sometimes when they touch your file

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Zimbabwe
Timeline
52 minutes ago, lolaB998 said:

I've had the same status after my interview, I also did not change my name. I think this status appears sometimes when they touch your file

That's what I think too.Thanks

Hi everyone, i just received the approval letter today for i360 . But still nothing on i765 c31 ? How long you guys think it can take for them to approve ead  as the vawa petition has approved. How long more i have to wait for green card. I m in California. N last question.. will i be able to apply driver’s license with my approval letter? Thanks in advance 🙏

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.