2,947 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
13 hours ago, Sumar9909 said:

Can you tell me what forms I need to file for my kids after having my i360 approved? They are minors and are living in Jamaica 

You cannot file for them until after your I-485 is approved.  It is I-824

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

Filed: Other Country: Greece
Timeline
17 hours ago, Brooklynguy1 said:

Thank you ! This is my timeline below!

04/2017 i-360 filed

04/17 i-485 filed

09/25/18 I-360 approved

09/26/18 i-485 your case was transferred to another office for processing 

04/04/2021 I-485 medical from Brooklyn office(Local)

04/28/2021 I-485 Local office received my medicals. 
5/07/2021 I-485 New card is being produced.

did you wait 31 month after your 785 was transferred? 

Filed: Other Country: Greece
Timeline

what category uscis call for an interview? who entered a border without visa? did everyone have interview who entered illegal the border? or its note depend how we enter the border

@sandraj

Hi Everyone again, I really need to find out about my EAD status. I have applied august  or July end 2020 initially with my i30 application. I still did not receive it yet. Currently, my i360 is in initial Review which applied in September 2020.

Can you please tell me?

1. do i need to get my petition approve to get the work permit?

2. since my divorce is not final yet, i am still fighting my annulment would this effect in my i485 adjustment interview if approved i360?

I have been reading the thread since last few days, loosing hope every day

I am having severe financial crisis, my old company does not want to let me go they are still waiting for my work permit so i can join back the company. I also sent the letter to Vermont no response, i have made inquires through congressman and senator yet no response from them. 

Edited by Sk N

On May 7, 2021 at 10:00 AM, FeDaniela said:

USCIS does not request for you to be divorce, but at least for your to live separate from your abuser at the time of your I-485 interview, They will question why you still lived with the abuser.

I resolve my children visitation & shared with the family court, they issue a custody and visitation order. 

Asking for my coworker, when she goes to the interview, what will they ask her regarding her address and will they ask for docs to show new address? Or will they ask for proof to show she lives separate from abuser?

3 hours ago, sandiego2020 said:

Asking for my coworker, when she goes to the interview, what will they ask her regarding her address and will they ask for docs to show new address? Or will they ask for proof to show she lives separate from abuser?

I wasn’t asked anything about where i lived. That information is already on the AOS form. But if her address changed since she applied i485 I believe she needs to update USCIS immediately prior to interview

7 hours ago, MariaX said:

what category uscis call for an interview? who entered a border without visa? did everyone have interview who entered illegal the border? or its note depend how we enter the border

I don’t think there are set rules on who gets interview waiver. It’s completely officers discretion 

Filed: Timeline
6 hours ago, sandiego2020 said:

Sandra has said many times, once 360 is approved one should move out. That means your address and your Ex' should be different.

If you are still living with him that means you are planning to go there and not be honest. 

Anyway, as far as address questions go, they normally ask, your address, they might ask who you live with, they might ask if you left the abuser,etc. 

If you are the same person who said, you got back with your abuser husband and was wondering if you should cancel 360 and refile 485... maybe you should just file for 485 and skip the 360 because it comes with deceit. Just my opinion. 

I worry because lies will catch up with you. 

Hi guys, i am very new. I will post my entire case here. 
-Been in the US 6 years this year in oct. 

-filed asylum in feb 2018, got denied and sent to removal proceedings. 
-got married and sent i130 to uscis aug 2018

took so so long to get interview

-interview sept 2020- approved i130

- march 2021 separate from husband. He was extremely abusive to me all the time. 
- i had called the cops on him one time in 2018 but he threatened me not to tell anything because no one would believe me and i will be deported, so I never said anything but there’s still a report about me calling the police to come. 
-june 2020, his abusive ways again i had my nails done a day before to a stiletto shape never have i ever had that before wanted something new, we argued and he pushed me really hard i got hit and fell and while trying to hold onto something he got scratched by my nails, i left the house and said we need to cool off. He threatened to call cops if i leave like he had done so many times to me before but this time i said no we need to calm down we’ll talk about this whole argument and incident later, i leave, he calls police and lies i assaulted him. I get arrested and charged with misdemeanor b domestic assault.

- march 2021 charge reduced to misdemeanor c disorderly conduct no domestic violence tag and dismissed later. 
- we went to therapy together because i demanded it for me to be able to stay with him after the incident when he lied and got me arrested. Had therapy with a domestic violence counselor and she told him many times he is the one abusing me and subjecting me to domestic violence. 
Fast forward, I finally told our i130 lawyer after he tried to remove me from the country to Mexico knowing I’ll get stuck and hoping for it. She told me to file Vawa and i am in the process of filing vawa. I have a couple questions..

1. Can i use i130 priority date to get my i360 adjudicated faster then waiting a million years? 
2. Is it possible for me to get work permit while i wait? Even in removal? I am in Utah. Its been a long time i work without and no hope no work permit no nothing.

3. Will my charge affect my vawa and green card? 
4. i have my affidavit, i have our therapist notes saying she could clearly see abuse, affidavit from 2 friends who witnessed him being very abusive, he even confronted one and almost beat him up after he pushed me so hard I almost fall. My pastor knows everything he talked to me sometime and he will write for me what he knows. I have texts of him insulting me and voice notes he send me calling me all kinds of names. Can i send this?  I am always depressed but I don’t live with him anymore. Does this sound enough? I am freaking out. My lawyer says i have a strong case but I still can’t hell but wonder if it’s enough. 

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
9 hours ago, Koi1 said:

Hi guys, i am very new. I will post my entire case here. 
-Been in the US 6 years this year in oct. 

-filed asylum in feb 2018, got denied and sent to removal proceedings. 
-got married and sent i130 to uscis aug 2018

took so so long to get interview

-interview sept 2020- approved i130

- march 2021 separate from husband. He was extremely abusive to me all the time. 
- i had called the cops on him one time in 2018 but he threatened me not to tell anything because no one would believe me and i will be deported, so I never said anything but there’s still a report about me calling the police to come. 
-june 2020, his abusive ways again i had my nails done a day before to a stiletto shape never have i ever had that before wanted something new, we argued and he pushed me really hard i got hit and fell and while trying to hold onto something he got scratched by my nails, i left the house and said we need to cool off. He threatened to call cops if i leave like he had done so many times to me before but this time i said no we need to calm down we’ll talk about this whole argument and incident later, i leave, he calls police and lies i assaulted him. I get arrested and charged with misdemeanor b domestic assault.

- march 2021 charge reduced to misdemeanor c disorderly conduct no domestic violence tag and dismissed later. 
- we went to therapy together because i demanded it for me to be able to stay with him after the incident when he lied and got me arrested. Had therapy with a domestic violence counselor and she told him many times he is the one abusing me and subjecting me to domestic violence. 
Fast forward, I finally told our i130 lawyer after he tried to remove me from the country to Mexico knowing I’ll get stuck and hoping for it. She told me to file Vawa and i am in the process of filing vawa. I have a couple questions..

1. Can i use i130 priority date to get my i360 adjudicated faster then waiting a million years? 
2. Is it possible for me to get work permit while i wait? Even in removal? I am in Utah. Its been a long time i work without and no hope no work permit no nothing.

3. Will my charge affect my vawa and green card? 
4. i have my affidavit, i have our therapist notes saying she could clearly see abuse, affidavit from 2 friends who witnessed him being very abusive, he even confronted one and almost beat him up after he pushed me so hard I almost fall. My pastor knows everything he talked to me sometime and he will write for me what he knows. I have texts of him insulting me and voice notes he send me calling me all kinds of names. Can i send this?  I am always depressed but I don’t live with him anymore. Does this sound enough? I am freaking out. My lawyer says i have a strong case but I still can’t hell but wonder if it’s enough. 

If you already have an approved I-130 why are you filing for VAWA?  Why not file for AOS.  You can only get EAD if you file for I-485.  If you are in removal proceedings why would your lawyer tell you to file for VAWA?  Do you have a lawyer for your removal proceedings.  Why did your asylum get denied?  @sandranj

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

19 minutes ago, Pinkrlion said:

If you already have an approved I-130 why are you filing for VAWA?  Why not file for AOS.  You can only get EAD if you file for I-485.  If you are in removal proceedings why would your lawyer tell you to file for VAWA?  Do you have a lawyer for your removal proceedings.  Why did your asylum get denied?  @sandranj

Because i am no longer with my abusive husband. We are separated. If AOS via i130 he has to be present and has to provide 864. I cannot do adjustment with him or marriage based. I cannot trust him and i no longer want to live in that environment. 

Yes i have lawyer for VAWA and REMOVAL. I changed lawyers to do VAWA because my previous has a conflict of interest because she represented me and my husband for i130 interview. But she saw the abuse because he kept calling her and telling her how he will revoke the papers and he wanted them stopped. She called me to her office and i was crying because of everything I’ve been through and she told me to leave and file for VAWA. No one wants to suffer through all that for a green card. Certainly not me. 
The reason they gave me for asylum denial was not “enough fear of returning back home.” That’s what it said in the denial NTA letter. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.