2,947 posts in this topic

Timeline
2 hours ago, Dane100 said:

Hello family. Can anyone explain to me what category of applicants are granted. Also, how do I apply to get one if I wasn’t issued one before??

Hello family. I need some help 

I check my status on the USCIS website

- The post office delivered your new card to the address you gave us  February 22, 2021

• your case was approved march 30, 2021

I still have not received anything. 

WHAT SHOULD I DO????

Congratulations on your approval  🗽🇺🇸 It looks like your EAD card is missing, contact your congressman for help 

Edited by sheima

Timeline
2 hours ago, Dane100 said:

Hello family. Can anyone explain to me what category of applicants are granted. Also, how do I apply to get one if I wasn’t issued one before??

Hello family. I need some help 

I check my status on the USCIS website

- The post office delivered your new card to the address you gave us  February 22, 2021

• your case was approved march 30, 2021

I still have not received anything. 

WHAT SHOULD I DO????

Mine said the post office delivered your card on the 3rd of February but it was not delivered until another two days before I got it in the mail 

@sandra and anyone else that has been able to do this

I have my I485 interview scheduled (linked to I130) and I need to ask them to hold it in abatement while my I360 is processed. Should I go to the interview alone and ask them to hold it? What should I say exactly? OR is this request for abatement something I can do by writing a letter to request from my USCIS office or asking for a phone call from the uscis field office? Thank you for any advice from people here who have successfully done this.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Tajikistan
Timeline
17 hours ago, balo101 said:

you are gonna send to Vermont. 

Did they deny your i-485 as well? 

Thanks, No they did not deny it yet. and I think I just renew my EAD/AP card only this time based on opened I-485. When I went on my last interview (alone), I submitted  Request To Hold I-485 In Abeyance. I assumed I still able to continue renewing my EADs based on this opened case. Please advise if i am assuming wrong. Thank you

Edited by Yevgof

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Tajikistan
Timeline
9 hours ago, Yogalife said:

@sandra and anyone else that has been able to do this

I have my I485 interview scheduled (linked to I130) and I need to ask them to hold it in abatement while my I360 is processed. Should I go to the interview alone and ask them to hold it? What should I say exactly? OR is this request for abatement something I can do by writing a letter to request from my USCIS office or asking for a phone call from the uscis field office? Thank you for any advice from people here who have successfully done this.

Hello, I just went through this in NJ. I went on interview alone and submitted my letter with the request to hold I-485 In abeyance. The officer who supposed to interview us took this letter, stamped and told me that they will contact me again when my I -360 will be approved. 

17 hours ago, Yogalife said:

Hello everyone,

When you have the I485 interview after the I360 is approved, will they expect you to show them your own address separate from abuser? If money is tight and spouse still needs to see your shared children, how do you explain the contact you still have with them?

USCIS does not request for you to be divorce, but at least for your to live separate from your abuser at the time of your I-485 interview, They will question why you still lived with the abuser.

I resolve my children visitation & shared with the family court, they issue a custody and visitation order. 

21 minutes ago, Precious100 said:

Hello family, I have my 485  vawa interview coming up, what documents do I need to go with or submit ?

Birth Certificate

Passport

Divorce Decree ( If applicable )

Marriage Certificate

I-693 Medicals 

All EADs 

Driver license 

Income Tax, W2s (If employed)

Criminal dispositions (if you have any)

I-360 Approval notice (just in case)

Filed: Other Country: Greece
Timeline
15 hours ago, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

In transit... en route to the local office to join the queue for interview! Just be patient, you’re almost there!😊👍

If a case transfer to local office does it mean that always get an interview? 

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Hello everyone! Please help help!

my I- 360 has been approved since last month. In addition, my interview has been scheduled ans it is around the corner. I am applying as a widow and just don’t know what type of question they ask to self petioner or what I should expect. If anyone can help I will appreciate it. Widow cases are very rare and can’t find much informations in the thread. 

thank you so much in advance and good luck to everyone who are still waiting for I-360 approval. Your turn is soon! 

Filed: Other Timeline
1 hour ago, FeDaniela said:

Birth Certificate

Passport

Divorce Decree ( If applicable )

Marriage Certificate

I-693 Medicals 

All EADs 

Driver license 

Income Tax, W2s (If employed)

Criminal dispositions (if you have any)

I-360 Approval notice (just in case)

@FeDaniela, tnk u very much dear. Do you have an idea of what kind of questions ?

2ndly, I worked without work authorization bcos things were tough and I need to feed and take care of myself. Do you think they willask or find out and is it gonna be a problem ?

Edited by Precious100

Timeline
2 hours ago, Precious100 said:

Hello family, I have my 485  vawa interview coming up, what documents do I need to go with or submit ?

Basically the originals of the documents you submitted with your VAWA and documents showing anything new - e.g. new W2, certified copy of divorce and or anything else that is significant and was not included in the petition.

8 minutes ago, Precious100 said:

@FeDaniela, tnk u very much dear. Do you have an idea of what kind of questions ?

2ndly, I worked without work authorization bcos things were tough and I need to feed and take care of myself. Do you think they willask or find out and is it gonna be a problem ?

They usually ask all the questions from the I-485 form. So please check your answer you input when you file I-485, if any changes have occur you update it with the officer. Worked without authorization is also a question on the I-485, be truthful about it with a direct answer. Working without authorization bars to adjustment do not apply to Vawa base applicants. https://www.uscis.gov/policy-manual/volume-7-part-b-chapter-6

Edited by FeDaniela

Filed: Other Timeline
6 minutes ago, lolaB998 said:

Basically the originals of the documents you submitted with your VAWA and documents showing anything new - e.g. new W2, certified copy of divorce and or anything else that is significant and was not included in the petition.

@lolaB998Ok, Tnk u deary, appreciate. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.