2,947 posts in this topic

Hi everyone, sorry for bothering you all once again..!! As i told you guys my i360 was approved on april 29 ,2021 . My status for i360 was straight from RFE received to case approved. My lawyer applied ead under c31 and that still says fee were waived. Never got the update card was under production or something like that. I know if case has approved i should relax but it’s bothering me that i have seen that people get their ead cards first n then update of case approved , why mine is different?

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline
On 4/29/2021 at 4:27 PM, Braveheart123 said:

Dear friends 

I got my green card through VAWA in the month of March 2021.

now I am planning to get engage with my future wife Who is in USA and then will get married to her after 2-3 years once I will apply for US citizen ship.

can I do the engagement right now or do I have to wait since you know that because the VAWA is a marriage based category and you have to wait to 3 years to get married again 

You can get engaged, there is no problem with that.

Timeline
On 5/1/2021 at 7:44 PM, Vale1 said:

Hello family and happy Saturday. 
when your case is approve and they send over the ead card this doesn’t include advance parole, correct? 
can I use a non expired combo card to travel (the c09 one) or should I apply to another advance parole after vawa approval? Hope I didn’t make this question hard to understand.

You can travel if your advance parole is still valid, there is no need to file a new I-131.

Timeline
On 4/30/2021 at 3:40 AM, Sk1992 said:

Hey guys i know i have been asking so many questions today, just one last one.. as i have seen all of the people who got approved they got their c31 before case was approved thing coming up on update. But for my case they said case was approved on i360 straight away but I haven’t received any EAD so far . It was applied under c31 . Lawyer filed i765 but under c31 .sorry m confused 

Nobody gets work permit category C31 before VAWA approval.Usually when VAWA is approved the person receives the work permit  category C31 within 10 days.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
5 hours ago, Pinkrlion said:

You can request a tax transcript from IRS for the past three years

800-908-9946

You may use Get Transcript by Mail or you may call our automated phone transcript service at 800-908-9946 to order a tax return or tax account transcript be sent by mail.

That is code your last 4 digit SSN number.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: China
Timeline
7 hours ago, sheima said:

Make sure to send your C09  EAD renewal six months before expiration,

go to police plaza in your county and get police fingerprints for immigration ( good moral character) in  addition to what you have already had from friends and families and send them to VSC right away, don’t wait for RFE

Thank you, yeah I’m collecting police clearance and reference letters this week...thought immigration would be more lenient about VAWA documentation requirements given our situation. Here goes my first RFE. 😞

so I have my i-485, i-765 in review and tied to my i-130. Do I need to write to Vermont to transfer those applications under my VAWA case? Or they assumed so already?

Hello everyone, got the approval notice today and luckily my daughters are listed on it. In October, we leaned that the lawyers did not list them on my original I-360 and sent in an amendment. The lawyer also sent in an I-360 & I-485 for my youngest daughter who was under 21 at the time. How I do ask USCIS to cancel her I-360 and use my approved I-360 for her I-485? Also, do you think I need I lawyer to apply for me and my other daughter’s I-485? Do you have to be Catholic  to get immigration help from a catholic Church? Also, should I wait until the case is transferred to my local office to send in our medicals? Sorry for all the questions, we haven’t been home in almost 10 years so we are very excited 😭

Edited by trishytrish

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
8 hours ago, Sk1992 said:

Hi everyone, sorry for bothering you all once again..!! As i told you guys my i360 was approved on april 29 ,2021 . My status for i360 was straight from RFE received to case approved. My lawyer applied ead under c31 and that still says fee were waived. Never got the update card was under production or something like that. I know if case has approved i should relax but it’s bothering me that i have seen that people get their ead cards first n then update of case approved , why mine is different?

Majority of people put on their VAWA application to send the C31 when VAWA gets approved.  That is why they get the C31 EAD in the mail.  If you filed I-765 for C31 then you will have to wait until they complete your application.  

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

59 minutes ago, Pinkrlion said:

Majority of people put on their VAWA application to send the C31 when VAWA gets approved.  That is why they get the C31 EAD in the mail.  If you filed I-765 for C31 then you will have to wait until they complete your application.  

Oh is it? How long they can take? Approval letter is not going to make any difference until i get my EAD in my hands.!! Ughhhh.!! My stupid lawyer.!! 

Timeline
14 hours ago, kkc171 said:

Thank you, yeah I’m collecting police clearance and reference letters this week...thought immigration would be more lenient about VAWA documentation requirements given our situation. Here goes my first RFE. 😞

so I have my i-485, i-765 in review and tied to my i-130. Do I need to write to Vermont to transfer those applications under my VAWA case? Or they assumed so already?

Yes you need to write them and tell them to link your I-485 to your vawa package 

Good morning Everyone,

Please I need your help regarding a question bothering me:

My attorney filed I360,I485,I765 and I131,received date is 03/8/2021.

My I765 and I131 show fees were waived.

My question is does this mean the attorney filed I765 under C31 or VAWA applicant don't get charged for I765 and I131 when filed under C09?

Thanks

17 minutes ago, Laylad said:

Good morning Everyone,

Please I need your help regarding a question bothering me:

My attorney filed I360,I485,I765 and I131,received date is 03/8/2021.

My I765 and I131 show fees were waived.

My question is does this mean the attorney filed I765 under C31 or VAWA applicant don't get charged for I765 and I131 when filed under C09?

Thanks

Most likely C09 but it could be either. C09 is free if filed with I-485 or while I-485 is pending, this holds true for both initial and renewal applications. C31 the first one is free, renewals cost money or require a fee waiver.

Best thing you could do is ask your lawyer for a copy of your application package and take a look yourself.

Contradictions without citations only make you look dumb.

Timeline

Hey everyone! I had my interview in January 2021 and no update since then. My lawyer and I submitted multiple requests with USCIS (both online and letters), with ombudsman, congressman and senator - and USCIS is not responding to any of them. Did anyone here experience anything similar? My lawyer sent three letters to Vermont and the field office so far. I am just very confused by this ignorance and can't understand what the problems is... Thanks!

On 5/4/2021 at 10:49 AM, balo101 said:

there is no timeframe for that. some people get it before the first one expires, some get it after the expiration of first one and some have to write to Vermont to get it.

I got mine a week before the expiration of first one.

I would say if you do not get in next 2 to 3 weeks then write to vermont if you really need it.

Thanks for this. I guess I have to write to them now because mine expired since March and they haven’t sent a renewal till now

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.