2,947 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline
2 hours ago, Demise said:

Well here's the thing: You can't kidnap your own child unless there's a custody agreement in place that you would be violating by taking the kid out of the country. You do not need the spouse's consent to bring the kid abroad but you could make yourself inadmissible by withholding custody from a US Citizen parent. The correct way around this would be to sue for full custody in a state court.

Thank you Demise, i understood, I will convey the same to my friend. Just out of curiosity, what if she would have been divorced, staying away from her husband for more than year and would have got pregnant with her boyfriend? Would it have affected her VAWA as well? 

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
4 hours ago, Aadi135 said:

She been told by her friend that her abuser will have right on the child. She will need to take his permission to take baby out of the country and he can file case for the custody of the baby. She just want to purge his existence from baby's life. I am not in position to say what is right or wrong, just trying to help her by asking wise people here. 

True - She will not be able to obtain a passport for the baby without his permission.  He can also charge her with kidnapping.  It is better for her to file for divorce and let the divorce proceedings sort out custody.  

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
3 hours ago, Demise said:

Well here's the thing: You can't kidnap your own child unless there's a custody agreement in place that you would be violating by taking the kid out of the country. You do not need the spouse's consent to bring the kid abroad but you could make yourself inadmissible by withholding custody from a US Citizen parent. The correct way around this would be to sue for full custody in a state court.

This is not true, it is considered child abduction.  Only when you have a custody agreement is it not considered a violation if it is spelled out in the custody agreement about travel abroad.  Still a family court matter.  

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

12 hours ago, PB7 said:

No I am not really going  to use PF for benefits.

but if you see in image below it say (fingerprint not available) I am just wondering if this is going to make my process slow or anything or should I do something idk.

3C17F24A-BF38-468E-8F2F-009BD280443C.jpeg

Anytime USCIS requires it, they will request it. Until then, rest easy.👍

2 hours ago, DmytriiD said:

I don't think that audio is necessary, so if I were you I would just wait for a final decision.
But it never hurts to send anything...its your case so if you feel like it you can do it.
Just mail to standard Vermont SC address...

Hey @DmytriiD i have many additional proofs too, you mean you can send them even without a RFE?

32 minutes ago, God is a good God said:

Hey @DmytriiD i have many additional proofs too, you mean you can send them even without a RFE?

That is correct. You probably missed my earlier response to someone else about same matter...you are able to send in evidence anytime before your case is decided. You can either wait for RFE or speed things up by sending evidence. It’s up to you.👍

20 minutes ago, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

That is correct. You probably missed my earlier response to someone else about same matter...you are able to send in evidence anytime before your case is decided. You can either wait for RFE or speed things up by sending evidence. It’s up to you.👍

Ok Great. This is my case, I'm immigration proceedings:

11/2018: i130 interview. There was no decision

10/2019 file vawa. I thought i360 will replace i130 and stop its proceedings but 2 years after 02/2021 a i130 decision came sent to our old address with 204c marriage fraud that we never lived together(this decision came while i360 was pending already since 10/2019).

I got recently a notorized letter from my ex wife that our marriage was real and we lived together, notorized letters from friends and neighbors and many new bills of us and pictures....

MY QUESTION IS SHOULD I SEND THEM NOW TO FIGHT THAT 204C OR WAIT WHEN I GET RFE OR DENIAL OR NOID? if i send them now, can these proofs help the vawa office turn down the 204c that the i130 office gave me while my vawa was pending already? @DmytriiD @Stillwinning!!!😊 @Demise

19 minutes ago, God is a good God said:

Ok Great. This is my case, I'm immigration proceedings:

11/2018: i130 interview. There was no decision

10/2019 file vawa. I thought i360 will replace i130 and stop its proceedings but 2 years after 02/2021 a i130 decision came sent to our old address with 204c marriage fraud that we never lived together(this decision came while i360 was pending already since 10/2019).

I got recently a notorized letter from my ex wife that our marriage was real and we lived together, notorized letters from friends and neighbors and many new bills of us and pictures....

MY QUESTION IS SHOULD I SEND THEM NOW TO FIGHT THAT 204C OR WAIT WHEN I GET RFE OR DENIAL OR NOID? if i send them now, can these proofs help the vawa office turn down the 204c that the i130 office gave me while my vawa was pending already? @DmytriiD @Stillwinning!!!😊 @Demise

Unfortunately the only evidence you can send to Vermont while you have a pending i360, is just going to be vawa related! Your i360 may be approved regardless of the doubt you’re filled with now...the challenge might be the adjustment of status. So when you get to that bridge, you’ll cross it. Vermont will concentrate on your i360 not i485 fraud verdict! If you want to send in documents that prove shared residence or (and) good faith marriage etc, go ahead...those will help your vawa case!👍

5 hours ago, sheima said:

08/06/2019  ND/PD I-360. I-485. I-765

02/24/2021. I-360 card is being produced 

04/20/2021. I-360 case approved 

05/2…../2021 received RFE for medical to send in

05/26/ 2021 I went to the clinic for the medical 

06/…./2021 I go back for the report 

I hope my case goes like yours too. As we have applied in the same month and got approved in the same month too.!! My lawyer did send medicals with my initial package too let’s hope they don’t ask it again and wave the interview too. Fingers crossed 

Timeline
11 minutes ago, Sk1992 said:

I hope my case goes like yours too. As we have applied in the same month and got approved in the same month too.!! My lawyer did send medicals with my initial package too let’s hope they don’t ask it again and wave the interview too. Fingers crossed 

Amen 🙏 

1 hour ago, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

Unfortunately the only evidence you can send to Vermont while you have a pending i360, is just going to be vawa related! Your i360 may be approved regardless of the doubt you’re filled with now...the challenge might be the adjustment of status. So when you get to that bridge, you’ll cross it. Vermont will concentrate on your i360 not i485 fraud verdict! If you want to send in documents that prove shared residence or (and) good faith marriage etc, go ahead...those will help your vawa case!👍

Hey @Stillwinning!!!😊 I did not send i485 to Vermont. I only sent i360. For i360 to be approved, you must prove bonafide marriage first. My concern was if they will rely on the i130 fraud decision to adjudicate i360 . And if me sending these additional proofs, will help i360 remove the 204c fraud decision from i130

Edited by God is a good God

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.