2,947 posts in this topic

Timeline
2 hours ago, Giotwenty Nyc said:

A silent reader over here. I would like to share my timeline as this page helped me a lot during this long wait.

i485 & i360 - sept 2019

1st PF - nov 2019 expired nov 2020

COMPLETE SILENCEΒ 

Β 

May 20, 2021-Β i360 update new card is producedΒ 

(19 months and 3 weeks)

Β 

I believe that’s a sign of 360 approval according to this forum and my own research. Correct me if I am wrong please.

Thank you all the members! Good luck to everyone.

Congratulations πŸ—½πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡Έ

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
4 hours ago, Weldonboy said:

Hello VJ family, My aunt got the attached request for additional evidence. I’m not an expert but I read her affidavit, psychological evaluation and the supporting documents she submitted for this petition. However USCIS seems to have turn to Oliver Twist. My question particularly centers around her divorce. Her husband divorced her in a customary court which is not recognized by USCIS as it was not a divorce under the Act. She hired an attorney from back home to look into the divorce documents served by her husband and the attorney found out that although the husband filed the divorce genuinely but it was done at the customary court and more obvious was that he did it himself without seeking legal advice. Given that USCIS is now asking for a divorce under the Act, is she able to refill a fresh divorce that will carry the language USCIS wanted and is there any consequences that might result from that? @Stillwinning!!!😊 @sandranjΒ and any other knowledgeable folks out here please kindly advise. ThanksΒ 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

She needs the divorce absolute to prove divorce was final

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration JourneyΒ 

Β 

Β 

Filed: Other Country: Greece
Timeline
6 hours ago, Giotwenty Nyc said:

A silent reader over here. I would like to share my timeline as this page helped me a lot during this long wait.

i485 & i360 - sept 2019

1st PF - nov 2019 expired nov 2020

COMPLETE SILENCEΒ 

Β 

May 20, 2021-Β i360 update new card is producedΒ 

(19 months and 3 weeks)

Β 

I believe that’s a sign of 360 approval according to this forum and my own research. Correct me if I am wrong please.

Thank you all the members! Good luck to everyone.

Congratulations. Did you get only one prima facie. ?

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
4 hours ago, Pinkrlion said:

She needs the divorce absolute to prove divorce was final

A Divorce Nisi is proof that a divorce was filed.Β  A Divorce Absolute proves that the divorce was finalized after the waiting period.Β Β 

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration JourneyΒ 

Β 

Β 

Filed: Other Timeline
29 minutes ago, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

@WeldonboyΒ Tell your Aunty to work with the attorney back home...see what can be done/next steps... I hope she makes it somehow.πŸ‘

Will do. Thanks for always. I will revert as soon as I get to hear back from her. Thanks also to everyone who contributed one way or the other.Β 

10 hours ago, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

So most likely your ex withdrew the i130! Not a problem..good thing you have a new pending i485!πŸ‘ for me I would wait for vawa approval before embarking on any trip. Others may think differently...at the end of the day, follow your heart.πŸ€·πŸ»β€β™€οΈ

Thank you as always, she never withdrew anything, just didn't attend the interview and once the divorce was final, my lawyer sent the letter including final decree and all, tell them that we are gonna be filling for Vawa, and When ucicis sent fingerprints date's for her to go, there was a letter in the same envelope, regarding " adam Walsh Child Protection and Safety Act" addressed to me.

iam not sure what was that about though,

Β 

1, Just to clarify, It's safe to travel once Vawa is approved, even if the 485 is still pending?

6 minutes ago, Aarontx90 said:

Thank you as always, she never withdrew anything, just didn't attend the interview and once the divorce was final, my lawyer sent the letter including final decree and all, tell them that we are gonna be filling for Vawa, and When ucicis sent fingerprints date's for her to go, there was a letter in the same envelope, regarding " adam Walsh Child Protection and Safety Act" addressed to me.

iam not sure what was that about though,

Β 

1, Just to clarify, It's safe to travel once Vawa is approved, even if the 485 is still pending?

I feel it’s safer when the vawa is approved, although there are people who have traveled successfully with a pending vawa and i485. It’s now up to you to decide if you want to go regardless.πŸ€·πŸ»β€β™€οΈ

Just now, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

I feel it’s safer when the vawa is approved, although there are people who have traveled successfully with a pending vawa and i485. It’s now up to you to decide if you want to go regardless.πŸ€·πŸ»β€β™€οΈ

Appreciate the response but I'll stay on safe side, wait a little longer, already been two years anyway.

Β 

Hopefully all of us that are waiting hear some new, coming, week/month.

1 hour ago, Aarontx90 said:

Yes, I did filled a new 485, after Vawa once I received 1st prima facia, sent it with new 485 and ead travel docs, in November 2019, ead was approved in June 2020 but the 485 just saying, fingerprint applied as of 29 January 2020

Alright then yeah, you can travel on the combo card (EAD+AP), just note any and all current travel restrictions due to the pandemic that's still going on, unlike a green card, advance parole does not preclude you from any travel bans and self-quarantine requirements. Travel on AP does not trigger a 3 or 10 year re-entry ban for unlawful presence as per Matter of Arrabally (BIA, 2012).

Contradictions without citations only make you look dumb.

Β 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.