2,947 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Timeline
On 5/18/2021 at 1:58 AM, Almighty90 said:

@Precious100, Thanks. I will get stop over before getting to US when coming back, Where can I avoid when coming back before I get to New York ? 

@Almighty90, hi dear sorry for the late reply, been away trying to catch up with my school work. So precisely I travelled to my home country African in January and used Ethiopian airline. Left through  Newark and came back through JFK airport and didn't have any disturbance. Just few questions like when did I come to US, why did I travel, where am I working and what did I bring back. As simple as that. I'll also advise you to use Emirates or Ethiad as well. Also depends on ur destination but for me I'll prefer you leaving through JFK OR NEWARK OR CALIFORNIA.  Good luck dear !

Hello Family, I hope everyone is doing good.

I have few questions regarding traveling on  COMBO CARD,

I CAME here on b1/b2, to visit family members, on and off few times, then came on b1/b2, in 2016, after few months decided to study here and applied for f-1, and had also filed for extension for b1/b2, since there was a month gap between starting school and being able to stay legal, while my f1 was pending, I my ex-wife and I met, after few months off dating we got married in 2017, love marriage, applied together on married based, during that process f1 was denied, but had filed for I-130 and 485 with my wife, but marriage went sour and abuses started after 8-9 months into marriage, the case was denied in May-19 and my lawyer applied for VAWA in may 2019, then I-485 and ead combo relating to VAWA IN NOVMBER 2019, AND COMBO card was approved in JUNE2020, before he filed for Vawa, he also sent in divorce decree and motion to reopen the case in may 2019, the motion was denied last week may 17 2021, there hasn't been anything related to VAWA except that it has been received and I-485 Fingerprints have been applied as of January 2020, I had sent in renewal for my combo card in feb and it say's fingerprint have been applied as of March 24, 2021, COMBO CARD expired middle of June 2021,

THAT's the entire background, So would it be wise to travel on combo card in December 2021 or January 2021, even if the Vawa is still pending, or would that create un-wanted complications or have me barred from entering the country, I don't have any criminal record or anything, been working and had paid Taxes for 3 years as well.

any insight will be highly appricted and sorry for such long writing.

@Stillwinning!!!😊 @sandra

59 minutes ago, Aarontx90 said:

Hello Family, I hope everyone is doing good.

I have few questions regarding traveling on  COMBO CARD,

I CAME here on b1/b2, to visit family members, on and off few times, then came on b1/b2, in 2016, after few months decided to study here and applied for f-1, and had also filed for extension for b1/b2, since there was a month gap between starting school and being able to stay legal, while my f1 was pending, I my ex-wife and I met, after few months off dating we got married in 2017, love marriage, applied together on married based, during that process f1 was denied, but had filed for I-130 and 485 with my wife, but marriage went sour and abuses started after 8-9 months into marriage, the case was denied in May-19 and my lawyer applied for VAWA in may 2019, then I-485 and ead combo relating to VAWA IN NOVMBER 2019, AND COMBO card was approved in JUNE2020, before he filed for Vawa, he also sent in divorce decree and motion to reopen the case in may 2019, the motion was denied last week may 17 2021, there hasn't been anything related to VAWA except that it has been received and I-485 Fingerprints have been applied as of January 2020, I had sent in renewal for my combo card in feb and it say's fingerprint have been applied as of March 24, 2021, COMBO CARD expired middle of June 2021,

THAT's the entire background, So would it be wise to travel on combo card in December 2021 or January 2021, even if the Vawa is still pending, or would that create un-wanted complications or have me barred from entering the country, I don't have any criminal record or anything, been working and had paid Taxes for 3 years as well.

any insight will be highly appricted and sorry for such long writing.

@Stillwinning!!!😊 @sandra

Hi, are you saying that you attended i485 with your ex and the case was denied? Why was the petition denied? They should have told you something... One needs to be very cautious as USCIS takes certain things into consideration...they may view the history of your immigration case as been ‘desperate’ from the b1/b2, to f1, to marriage, then vawa! Personally if the travel is not urgent, what’s the hurry? I feel better/more confident traveling as a permanent resident than with AP. (Just a personal opinion) also much better with an approved vawa in your case... that said, one can travel with a valid AP and since you have a pending i485!🤷🏻‍♀️

1 minute ago, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

Hi, are you saying that you attended i485 with your ex and the case was denied? Why was the petition denied? They should have told you something... One needs to be very cautious as USCIS takes certain things into consideration...they may view the history of your immigration case as been ‘desperate’ from the b1/b2, to f1, to marriage, then vawa! Personally if the travel is not urgent, what’s the hurry? I feel better/more confident traveling as a permanent resident than with AP. (Just a personal opinion) also much better with an approved vawa in your case... that said, one can travel with a valid AP and since you have a pending i485!🤷🏻‍♀️

I see, actually, I was never able to attend the 485 interview with my wife, they sent an interview view, then after couple weeks, the cancelled the interview and sent fingerprints appointment for ex-wife, by that time we had be seperated, and before they denied the case, my lawyer had sent them letter including the divorce decree and letter that we are filling for Vawa.

5 hours ago, Aarontx90 said:

I see, actually, I was never able to attend the 485 interview with my wife, they sent an interview view, then after couple weeks, the cancelled the interview and sent fingerprints appointment for ex-wife, by that time we had be seperated, and before they denied the case, my lawyer had sent them letter including the divorce decree and letter that we are filling for Vawa.

Just for clarification, do you have a pending I-485 right now?

Contradictions without citations only make you look dumb.

Filed: Other Timeline
3 hours ago, Demise said:

Just for clarification, do you have a pending I-485 right now?

Hello VJ family, My aunt got the attached request for additional evidence. I’m not an expert but I read her affidavit, psychological evaluation and the supporting documents she submitted for this petition. However USCIS seems to have turn to Oliver Twist. My question particularly centers around her divorce. Her husband divorced her in a customary court which is not recognized by USCIS as it was not a divorce under the Act. She hired an attorney from back home to look into the divorce documents served by her husband and the attorney found out that although the husband filed the divorce genuinely but it was done at the customary court and more obvious was that he did it himself without seeking legal advice. Given that USCIS is now asking for a divorce under the Act, is she able to refill a fresh divorce that will carry the language USCIS wanted and is there any consequences that might result from that? @Stillwinning!!!😊 @sandranj and any other knowledgeable folks out here please kindly advise. Thanks 

11638C43-E29C-4404-8530-02A704E7F8D5.jpeg

ADC53A48-9743-4CFC-9BF5-147C2A97D129.jpeg

9FF1284F-A851-48B8-B4C9-52151A236E7C.jpeg

1F618A12-03BF-4367-85AB-C0FE17FBD215.jpeg

34 minutes ago, Weldonboy said:

Hello VJ family, My aunt got the attached request for additional evidence. I’m not an expert but I read her affidavit, psychological evaluation and the supporting documents she submitted for this petition. However USCIS seems to have turn to Oliver Twist. My question particularly centers around her divorce. Her husband divorced her in a customary court which is not recognized by USCIS as it was not a divorce under the Act. She hired an attorney from back home to look into the divorce documents served by her husband and the attorney found out that although the husband filed the divorce genuinely but it was done at the customary court and more obvious was that he did it himself without seeking legal advice. Given that USCIS is now asking for a divorce under the Act, is she able to refill a fresh divorce that will carry the language USCIS wanted and is there any consequences that might result from that? @Stillwinning!!!😊 @sandranj and any other knowledgeable folks out here please kindly advise. Thanks 

From what I deduced from the above RFE, especially as it concerns evidence of legal marriage termination... USCIS seems to be requesting the final divorce decree(divorce absolute) it’s very normal for USCIS to ask for this document as this alone can alter your eligibility for this petition in that you had to have been properly divorced before being eligible to be remarried here in the USA. The divorce absolute is the document standing in your way and your aunt has to liaise with her ex in order to get that document. Get attorneys involved if you have to but it has to be done. The rest of the RFE is something you are used to already so I believe it’s not a major challenge to you please do correct me if I’m wrong. We’re here to help... let her provide all evidence she can lay her hands on..in the absence of any, a detailed statement from her and witnesses will suffice. Filing a fresh divorce as you suggested only shows she’s still married to the ex and hasn’t severed the marriage. I believe the divorce absolute happens 3 months after the divorce nissi.. (it’s a process), if there’s no divorce absolute, it means the divorce wasn’t finalized. That right there is the problem.😟

10 hours ago, Aarontx90 said:

So most likely your ex withdrew the i130! Not a problem..good thing you have a new pending i485!👍 for me I would wait for vawa approval before embarking on any trip. Others may think differently...at the end of the day, follow your heart.🤷🏻‍♀️

2 minutes ago, Giotwenty Nyc said:

A silent reader over here. I would like to share my timeline as this page helped me a lot during this long wait.

i485 & i360 - sept 2019

1st PF - nov 2019 expired nov 2020

COMPLETE SILENCE 

(after 1 week less than 20 months)

May 20, 2021- i360 update new card is produced 

I believe that’s a sign of 360 approval according to this forum and my own research. Correct me if I am wrong please.

Thank you all the members! Good luck to everyone.

Yep, card production means that the case was approved because the C31 EAD simply cannot be issued without an approval. A few weeks later it'll change to approved and they'll send you an approval notice.

Contradictions without citations only make you look dumb.

12 minutes ago, Giotwenty Nyc said:

A silent reader over here. I would like to share my timeline as this page helped me a lot during this long wait.

i485 & i360 - sept 2019

1st PF - nov 2019 expired nov 2020

COMPLETE SILENCE 

May 20, 2021- i360 update new card is produced 

(19 months and 3 weeks)

I believe that’s a sign of 360 approval according to this forum and my own research. Correct me if I am wrong please.

Thank you all the members! Good luck to everyone.

Oh congratulations dear!😀🎉🍾🎈🎊 It’s an approval right there!

2 hours ago, Weldonboy said:

do you have enough time to respond to this? there are multiple asks by USCIS in this letter. You need to carefully respond to this..

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.