2,947 posts in this topic

Serious question, has anyone's PF expired while receiving a benefit ,or does anyone know what will happen to my financial aid when my PF expires (April 2), and my semester ends April 30th. I am very worried because I don't know when USCIS will send me the extension PF and if that means I will have to stop going to school.

Filed: Other Country: Greece
Timeline
26 minutes ago, luminarc said:

Serious question, has anyone's PF expired while receiving a benefit ,or does anyone know what will happen to my financial aid when my PF expires (April 2), and my semester ends April 30th. I am very worried because I don't know when USCIS will send me the extension PF and if that means I will have to stop going to school.

Mine had sent 10 days before expired. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

My joke (see p. 3) is obviously already working.  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :P 

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
10 hours ago, luminarc said:

Hopefully mine comes before it expires too.

Reach out to your congressman to ask Vermont for a new PF, they usually send it pretty fast.

Timeline

Do you guys know what happens to the pending AP and EAD applications if you got your GC already? I had them pending since August 2020, got my GC January 2021 and yesterday I received AP paper in the mail. I was surprised, thought it would get denied since I already have my green card.

Filed: Other Timeline

Hi all,

November,2019 filler here. Received RFE good moral character on december, 2019, replied same month. No PF, no news until now. 

It seems Uscis is only processing cases from may,2019 and before. Anyone after this date has been approved?

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
1 hour ago, Engineering-rocks said:

Do you guys know what happens to the pending AP and EAD applications if you got your GC already? I had them pending since August 2020, got my GC January 2021 and yesterday I received AP paper in the mail. I was surprised, thought it would get denied since I already have my green card.

Since they are seperate applications from the GC, they are still processed.  I got Renewal EAD after my GC was approved

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

Filed: Timeline
17 hours ago, MariaX said:

HI. My friend has asking for answer. she already got vawa approved in 2019,then asked BC for 485 . her online status changed that they received her RFE it almost 17 month and nothing any update. when she contacted her congressperson they said that uscis are checking her background and they don't know how long does it take. last year sent request for C31 renewal with AP(parole before she had with C09) and they denied her parole. did anybody ever had same situation? or what its everything means? 

Once the 360 is approved VSC sends it to NBC. NBC then does a quick review that all the documents are there (including background check) and the case is ready to be scheduled for an interview before sending it to the local office. Once it gets to the local office you will be placed in line for an interview slot to open. The background check can take a long time for some people. They check your name as it is spelled and any variations of your name. Depending on the countries involved and how easily they can obtain records and if you have a common name or unfortunately share a name with a known criminal it can take some time for them to complete it. There is nothing anyone can do to speed up the background check. You just have to wait for it to be completed. 

You mentioned having a C31 and a C09 EAD. You only need 1 EAD. If the C09 EAD was still valid then they may decide to not issue a renewal C31 as you have a valid EAD in C09 category. 

2 hours ago, DanyT. said:

Hi all,

November,2019 filler here. Received RFE good moral character on december, 2019, replied same month. No PF, no news until now. 

It seems Uscis is only processing cases from may,2019 and before. Anyone after this date has been approved?

That would sound about right. I am dec 2019, also got RFE for good moral character and no PF. USCIS still reviews cases from 2018 until May 2019. They get slower every month. 

Timeline
1 hour ago, Pinkrlion said:

Since they are seperate applications from the GC, they are still processed.  I got Renewal EAD after my GC was approved

Got it, thanks! Well then for those waiting on renewal - AP applied August, approved March (7 months). C31 EAD renewal still pending since August.

Filed: Other Timeline

I received this email, text about an hour ago and I'm panicking and crying. I can't tell what they've again or what I've done wrong this time. Please I need help.

...............................................................................................................

*** DO NOT RESPOND TO THIS E-MAIL *** 

There has been a recent processing action taken on your case. 

Receipt Number: EAC****

Application Type: I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS 

Your Case Status: Decision 

On March 16, 2021, we began reviewing your Form I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS, Receipt Number EAC*****. We mailed you a notice informing you of the action we intend to take on your case. Please follow the instructions in the notice and submit any requested materials. If you do not receive your notice by March 30, 2021, contact the USCIS Contact Center at www.uscis.gov/contactcenter. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address. 

During this step the formal decision (approved/denied) is written and the decision notice is mailed and/or emailed to the applicant/petitioner. You can use our current processing time to gauge when you can expect to receive a final decision. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.