green_rabbit

March 2021 - AOS filers

535 posts in this topic

Hey Guys!! 

Did anyone of you receive the Biometric letter yet? 

My wife's case was received on March 3rd except for the I-485 which was received on March 31st at the MSC. 

Edited by SpaceX
error

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
6 hours ago, green_rabbit said:

You guys had me panicking for a second there too so I checked on uscis and my own forms. 😁

Hahaha, thanks for making me look again. I was so scared thinking they used the old form 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Got the texts, but no sign of my checks being cashed yet when I check my bank. According to the status tracker for my I-485, they have received my fingerprint fee so I assume the bank is just a little slow with posting transactions.

3/16/2021: Packet posted via UPS

3/18/2021: I-130/I-485/I-131/I-765/I-864/I-693 packet delivered to Chicago lockbox via UPS.

4/13/2021: 4 texts received, 4 receipt numbers. Fingerprint fee received for I-485 the day before according to status checker.

17 hours ago, SpaceX said:

Hey Guys!! 

Did anyone of you receive the Biometric letter yet? 

My wife's case was received on March 3rd except for the I-485 which was received on March 31st at the MSC. 

Biometric? Do you mean Notice of Action?

3 minutes ago, noname_no said:

Biometric? Do you mean Notice of Action?

NOA is the letter you get from USCIS with the receipt number. It explains you about the process and what not. 

Biometric appointment would be the next step, where one goes to submit their hand prints and picture taken for the FBI/DHS background check. 

Just now, SpaceX said:

NOA is the letter you get from USCIS with the receipt number. It explains you about the process and what not. 

Biometric appointment would be the next step, where one goes to submit their hand prints and picture taken for the FBI/DHS background check. 

Yes I understand that but thank you for pointing it out. Some readers may not know. :) What I was trying to ask is where did you hear about biometric appointment being set up this early for march filers? I only read one member here who got really really lucky with the bio appt early. There are others who are still waiting for it who filed last year. I think it really depends where you are located. :)

4 minutes ago, noname_no said:

Yes I understand that but thank you for pointing it out. Some readers may not know. :) What I was trying to ask is where did you hear about biometric appointment being set up this early for march filers? I only read one member here who got really really lucky with the bio appt early. There are others who are still waiting for it who filed last year. I think it really depends where you are located. :)

Oh lol

I heard in the other group, which is on a totally different website that some were getting their appointments sent out, so was wondering. Also in my case, when I had filed few years ago, usually it was within 2 weeks I received my biometric appointment, after they sent out the NOA. So was just curious...

Just now, SpaceX said:

Oh lol

I heard in the other group, which is on a totally different website that some were getting their appointments sent out, so was wondering. Also in my case, when I had filed few years ago, usually it was within 2 weeks I received my biometric appointment, after they sent out the NOA. So was just curious...

Like from March filers from other site? Please help me to understand this... they send out the biometric appointment via mail? And since you have gone thru this before, are biometrics usually done at a local ASC or the USCIS field office? 

13 hours ago, noname_no said:

Like from March filers from other site? Please help me to understand this... they send out the biometric appointment via mail? And since you have gone thru this before, are biometrics usually done at a local ASC or the USCIS field office? 

Yes, March from the other site. 
Yes, you will get the mail for the Biometric Appointment and also it will get updated on the USCIS website where you can download the letter from. I received the letter but some people never received the letter until a day before the date, which was scary, but then they were able to download it from their USCIS account. 
The Biometric appointment is always in your area. It’s not a USCIS site but a private company that handles the USCIS part of the biometrics. Has strict security and pretty straight forward experience. Back then, on both occasions, I was in and out in less than 30 minutes or so. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
On 3/30/2021 at 9:34 PM, Meilyn22 said:

Cool, I can see they are cashing from March now. Today, they cashed people who filled on the 4th - 8th of March. Hopefully, by tomorrow they will start to cash people who sent theirs from 9-12 and then 15 - etc. 

I can see this from the tracker. 

Screenshot_20210330-193358_USCIS Case.jpg

Is this for all applications or California Center's only?

Timeline
On 4/13/2021 at 6:22 PM, green_rabbit said:

You guys had me panicking for a second there too so I checked on uscis and my own forms. 😁

Me, too :D However, they still accept the old one

image.png.11d7747515a6232f24fb1dea7b2cc430.png

Edited by Dæmogar

Timeline

My I-485 was delivered to the Chicago lockbox on 03/17/2021. Still no NOA, check is not cashed either. Have all who filed prior to March 17 received their NOAs?

On 4/12/2021 at 4:43 PM, mitanyag said:

just received the receipt #'s via SMS today. just wondering, does the case number really starts with MSC? I tried checking the status online but it says that case number is invalid. for reference, we sent our application last March 19, USCIS received it last march 20

just an update, check got cashed out yesterday. :) 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.