green_rabbit

March 2021 - AOS filers

535 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline
30 minutes ago, werdna said:

We had our AOS interview today. It went okay.  The officer was far from friendly. Requested a lot of documents.  Told us they need more time to make a decision.

Can you please detail what kind of questions and documents they ask for? 

thank you!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
20 minutes ago, Diamda2005 said:

Can you please detail what kind of questions and documents they ask for? 

thank you!

Questions were checking things from the I-485 form and about where we live, moved, etc. US Citizen work.  How we met.  Who we've met in each other's lives.

Documents:

1. I-797C Notice (to get in the door)

2. Government issued ID for immigrant and citizen

3. Immigrant's passport and previous passport (valid at time of entry and AOS application)

4. Certified copy of marriage document (she made sure it matched the one in the AOS file she already had)

5. Immigrant's birth certificate (declined translation as she already had it, but she also already had the birth certificate...)

6. US citizen's passport

7. Joint bank account statements (only took most recent month)

8. Copies of our joint credit cards. I gave her photocopies of the front and back of credit cards where we have the same numbers.

9. Credit card statements from our 3 main credit cards (only took most recent month for each). I also included letters from the bank saying he was an authorized user on each one and she said that was good.

10. 401(k) beneficiary statement indicating immigrant spouse as beneficiary

11. Roth IRA beneficiary statement indicating immigrant spouse as beneficiary

12. US Citizen's 2020 tax transcript

13. US Citizen's 2020 W-2

14. US Citizen's latest paystubs (she asked for 2-3 so I gave her 3)

15. Renter's insurance proof and statement, showing both of our names

16. Health insurance and other benefit statement from work

17. Life insurance proof with immigrant spouse as beneficiary

18. Car insurance showing both of us as drivers

19. Sales agreement for purchase of a house

20. Photograph of him meeting my family. That was from my initial I-129F petition so I'm glad I brought a copy of that!

She did not look at any other photos and didn't ask for any details about the wedding.

46 minutes ago, werdna said:

Questions were checking things from the I-485 form and about where we live, moved, etc. US Citizen work.  How we met.  Who we've met in each other's lives.

Documents:

3. Immigrant's passport and previous passport (valid at time of entry and AOS application)

4. Certified copy of marriage document (she made sure it matched the one in the AOS file she already had)

5. Immigrant's birth certificate (declined translation as she already had it, but she also already had the birth certificate...)

6. US citizen's passport

8. Copies of our joint credit cards. I gave her photocopies of the front and back of credit cards where we have the same numbers.

9. Credit card statements from our 3 main credit cards (only took most recent month for each). I also included letters from the bank saying he was an authorized user on each one and she said that was good.

20. Photograph of him meeting my family. That was from my initial I-129F petition so I'm glad I brought a copy of that!

She did not look at any other photos and didn't ask for any details about the wedding.

Wow! That's definitely a lot

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline
8 hours ago, werdna said:

Documents:

6. US citizen's passport

Thank you so much for your answer 

my status changed to "Interview Was Scheduled" today! was definitely not expecting it to happen this year but we'll take it. :) i just hope it won't get canceled??

On 10/27/2021 at 10:20 PM, werdna said:

Documents:

6. US citizen's passport

I’m just wondering.. We had submitted all the proof of bonafide marriage when we sent our package, would we still need to bring new updated ones (ex: bank statements, pay stubs) to the interview? 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
2 minutes ago, kmr5 said:

I’m just wondering.. We had submitted all the proof of bonafide marriage when we sent our package, would we still need to bring new updated ones (ex: bank statements, pay stubs) to the interview? 

Yes

On 10/23/2021 at 5:25 PM, Chidang said:

I got a notification this morning that a new card is being produced for EAD but AP still just says case received. Anyone else like this?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Is the EAD card an actual card? I received both approval letters in the mail and the status for the card said that it was in the mail until yesterday I noticed it updated to delivered and it says it delivered two days ago but I still haven’t actually received a card in the mail I still just have the two approval notices

12 minutes ago, green_rabbit said:

I got a notification this morning that a new card is being produced for EAD but AP still just says case received. Anyone else like this?

Oh maybe it is normal. There doesn't even seem to be a space on the timeline to enter an approval date.

14 minutes ago, murrv said:

Is the EAD card an actual card? I received both approval letters in the mail and the status for the card said that it was in the mail until yesterday I noticed it updated to delivered and it says it delivered two days ago but I still haven’t actually received a card in the mail I still just have the two approval notices

Yes, it is an actual card.... you should receive the card within 5 days after the approval letters..

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Lithuania
Timeline
41 minutes ago, green_rabbit said:

Oh maybe it is normal. There doesn't even seem to be a space on the timeline to enter an approval date.

Yep it's normal. EAD will arrive with the AP endorsement on the bottom. If you hadn't submitted for AP, the EAD would instead state "not valid for re-entry" or something like that. 

Hey! Anyone's local office current processing times are like 12-13+ months at the moment, and got an EAD or Interview Scheduled?

My FO is at that time frame, Still No EAD or Interview date.

Has been on Interview is ready to be scheduled ever since August. :(

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Guyana
Timeline

Hello all! 

Has anyone from NY had their interview as yet? If you have, please share your experiences with us.

Happy Halloween 🎃 

Thank you! 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.