535 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
14 hours ago, mitanyag said:

just an update on my case,

aug 24- expedite request sent through emma

aug 26- sent request to congressman website, just a typical "leave ur message"

no update till i decided to call congressman office last sep.8

sep 8- filled out form provided by congressman office and asked assistance to on my expedite request - I 765

sep 9- congressman office sent request to uscis

sep 13- expedite request approved

after 2 hours - new card being produced

Thank you for this! I had been waiting to hear back about my expedite request for a few weeks and just decided to call my congressmen today. 

I’m a little nervous, how did your call go? Did you call the Washington office? Did you just make your case to whoever answered the phone? 

44 minutes ago, murrv said:

Thank you for this! I had been waiting to hear back about my expedite request for a few weeks and just decided to call my congressmen today. 

I’m a little nervous, how did your call go? Did you call the Washington office? Did you just make your case to whoever answered the phone? 

hello. one of his staff answered the call, i told him that i need assistance for my expedite request and he asked me if i have filled out their form...and i said no LOL... which means my previous e-mails were useless. haha. but they are helpful enough to assist me...they asked for my e-mail address and sent me the form.. i sent it back to them along with supporting docs.. then they forwarded it to uscis. 

i would suggest to call them asap.. not e-mail so you would know what's the next step to do. im from California btw.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline
1 hour ago, murrv said:

I was just looking also for our congressman.

i found on their site something online.

but is a section where to attach documents.

you think if a do a letter explaining the reason should be enough?

thank you !

52 minutes ago, Chidang said:

So I just received my biometric appointment letter in the mail, mine is the portland field office. Has anyone done an early walk in and got successful? I'm considering doing an early walk in but I'm a bit nervous.  My date on the 4th of Oct 

no harm in trying. worst they can do is turn you away. i did a successful early walk-in even in a different state.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
On 9/13/2021 at 6:35 PM, mitanyag said:

just an update on my case,

aug 24- expedite request sent through emma

aug 26- sent request to congressman website, just a typical "leave ur message"

no update till i decided to call congressman office last sep.8

sep 8- filled out form provided by congressman office and asked assistance to on my expedite request - I 765

sep 9- congressman office sent request to uscis

sep 13- expedite request approved

after 2 hours - new card being produced

That’s awesome! 

I made a request the same day as you and so far this is my time line:

august 24th request made 

august 25th contacted congressman office

September 1st congressman’s office called me 

September 6th- I phoned USCIS to ask status and they had said no updates but records showed it was assigned to an officer on august 25th. 

September 10th congressman submitted inquiry to the USCIS/ NBC. For the EAD

sept 14th- called congressman and he had Informed me he has submitted on the 10th and was waiting for a response. 

1 hour ago, ashley_ann said:

EAD Expedite approved and card is being produced! 

congrats!!!

mine was on "card was mailed to me" status yesterday. hope to receive it early next week.

On 9/14/2021 at 9:05 AM, Chidang said:

So I just received my biometric appointment letter in the mail, mine is the portland field office. Has anyone done an early walk in and got successful? I'm considering doing an early walk in but I'm a bit nervous.  My date on the 4th of Oct 

It will work and they will take you in if there’s no one waiting in line for the appointment 

my appointment was yesterday and the timing on the appointment letter was 3 pm, but they took me inside at 1 Pm and I was doing in like 10 min , it was a seamless process. FO- Riverside, CA 

Goodluck 👍🏼👍🏼

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
25 minutes ago, Siggy said:

Congrats, did they ask you proof? What was the reason for expedite if I may ask..tia 

Thanks! I hadn’t heard much from USCIS and they didn’t ask for evidence up front but I got my congressman involved and he submitted an inquiry and evidence for me. 

I based off school. I need my EAD to get my social to set up student loans because I had been using my savings but I’ve used my savings up etc. anyway I said if I don’t get my EAD I can’t work to pay for my nursing program and I’d be forced to stop and that was my case and I guess they didn’t mind the reason! 

definitely happy I can continue nursing school! 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline
On 9/14/2021 at 10:17 AM, Diamda2005 said:

I was just looking also for our congressman.

i found on their site something online.

but is a section where to attach documents.

you think if a do a letter explaining the reason should be enough?

thank you !

Short update:

just seen that the status for my case (i-485)  changed Your Case Status: Testing and Interview

Any ideas how long it will take for the interview to be scheduled?

thank you!

On 9/17/2021 at 3:03 PM, RishDan said:

It will work and they will take you in if there’s no one waiting in line for the appointment 

my appointment was yesterday and the timing on the appointment letter was 3 pm, but they took me inside at 1 Pm and I was doing in like 10 min , it was a seamless process. FO- Riverside, CA 

Goodluck 👍🏼👍🏼

I tried an early walk in but was unsuccessful 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
12 hours ago, Chidang said:

I tried an early walk in but was unsuccessful 

Oakland, CA wouldn't allow my husband in until exactly his appointment time.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.