green_rabbit

March 2021 - AOS filers

535 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
2 hours ago, lecht008 said:

Yeah wow that was a good idea!  We asked for an expedite over the phone with USCIS since my wife's grandfather is not doing so well (and we told USCIS we can produce doctors certificates if necessary), and they told us they'd review in 7 business days but it's been around 10 business days now.  Has anyone had experience with them and their 7 business day timeline?  Or following up with them on an expedite request?  We called once to follow up and they were not very helpful, but I've learned from Visa Journey that there are sometimes better ways to follow up 

Expedite Requests take anywhere from 7-30 days.

Timeline
2 hours ago, murrv said:

How do you tell which office is processing your green card? My status is now waiting for interview to be scheduled (did biometrics a few weeks ago) which I know takes a very different amount of time depending on the office. I’m in North New Jersey so there are a few offices near me. 

Go to USCIS website and put in your zip code. It will tell you. 

2 hours ago, lecht008 said:

Yeah wow that was a good idea!  We asked for an expedite over the phone with USCIS since my wife's grandfather is not doing so well (and we told USCIS we can produce doctors certificates if necessary), and they told us they'd review in 7 business days but it's been around 10 business days now.  Has anyone had experience with them and their 7 business day timeline?  Or following up with them on an expedite request?  We called once to follow up and they were not very helpful, but I've learned from Visa Journey that there are sometimes better ways to follow up 

yea expedite requests can still take up to 30 days, a tier 2 once told me. as for following up, you can chat via emma and hopefully score a helpful agent. contacting your congressman seems a little too much for follow-ups but you may wanna try. from experience uscis responds to them much faster and with better answers (at least in my case).

Ok, we sit at home/work and keep calculating our days or for snail mails from USICS.  It's going to happen when it has to happen. Everybody is trying their best to share their best knowledge/information( we should appreciate it)

And sometime I do check stuff on www.greencardly.com. IDK how accurate it is...just something to browse on.😂😀😁

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

***One post violating the TOS (personal attack) removed along with post quoting.  Another post removed per request of poster along with additional posts quoting.***

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
On 8/17/2021 at 7:45 AM, Tellurous said:

It has been almost a week since my biometrics appointment (8/11),  but the USCIS case status for my I-485 and I-765 still hasn't updated at all (still at Fingerprint fee received, Case received). Is anyone else having a similar issue? How long does it typically take for an update to happen?

Our status still shows that and my husband had his biometrics 3 months ago. I called in and was told everything is fine, it's just that the status system is broken for some people and they're working on it.  San Francisco.

hello everyone!

any update on your cases?

I tried to do an expedite request through Emma today regarding my work permit.

The live agent asked me on which category does my request fall into and I said it is under financial loss of the company (since my spouse has his own business)

The agent then asked me to give my explanation/comments supporting my claim.. so I gave it.

Then I was given a confirmation number, I assume this is like my ticket reference?

Immediately after, the chat got disconnected.

Just curious if this is how they process your expedite request? I want to make sure that my request was accepted and under review/process.

For those who had expedite request experience, how did you follow up? how long did you wait to hear from USCIS?

Please respect my post. No sarcastic response please. Thanks.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
5 minutes ago, mitanyag said:

hello everyone!

The live agent asked me on which category does my request fall into and I said it is under financial loss of the company (since my spouse has his own business)

The agent then asked me to give my explanation/comments supporting my claim.. so I gave it.

Then I was given a confirmation number, I assume this is like my ticket reference?

Just curious if this is how they process your expedite request? I want to make sure that my request was accepted and under review/process.

For those who had expedite request experience, how did you follow up? how long did you wait to hear from USCIS?

I expedited mine today as well and same thing basically.

My agent was very nice, after giving me my confirmation number she explained it could take 7 or more days to hear anything back and she explained that

they would be in touch if evidence was needed or if they didn't they are looking at evidence already submitted with your AOS. Or they might just get back to you with their decision.  But she was really nice.

Seems to line up as most people are saying 7-30 days to hear back after the expedite request has been made. 

My personal plan is to wait 15 -20 days and do a follow up just to make sure things are okay and if they need anything. 

Edited by ashley_ann

5 minutes ago, ashley_ann said:

I expedited mine today as well and same thing basically.

My agent was very nice, after giving me my confirmation number she explained it could take 7 or more days to hear anything back and she explained that

they would be in touch if evidence was needed or if they didn't they are looking at evidence already submitted with your AOS. Or they might just get back to you with their decision.  But she was really nice.

Seems to line up as most people are saying 7-30 days to hear back after the expedite request has been made. 

My personal plan is to wait 15 -20 days and do a follow up just to make sure things are okay and if they need anything. 

oh, lucky you got a helpful agent. 

Thanks for sharing and if ever you got a feedback from USCIS, please share it here in the forum :) it would be a great help.

Good luck on your request :) 

1 hour ago, mitanyag said:

hello everyone!

i think youre fine. you have a referral number so the expedite request should be in their system now.

Timeline
7 hours ago, mitanyag said:

hello everyone!

The agent should give you a referral ID number. If you didn't get that, then there's a likelihood that the agent didn't put your request forward. Contact them again and ask if your expedite request was placed.  

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: South Africa
Timeline

Am I understanding correctly that expedite requests should not or cannot be placed until after Biometrics? We have not received our biometrics appointment yet. Would be nice to see some action.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
1 minute ago, Mike&Heidi said:

Am I understanding correctly that expedite requests should not or cannot be placed until after Biometrics? We have not received our biometrics appointment yet. Would be nice to see some action.

Correct, you can’t expedite until you have your biometrics taken. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.