green_rabbit

March 2021 - AOS filers

535 posts in this topic

our case just changed to "Case ready to be scheduled for interview", how long does it usually take to receive the interview appointment?

FYI, I just had my biometrics last 8/11 with RFE response sent to USCIS last 8/4. 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline
10 minutes ago, mitanyag said:

our case just changed to "Case ready to be scheduled for interview", how long does it usually take to receive the interview appointment?

FYI, I just had my biometrics last 8/11 with RFE response sent to USCIS last 8/4. 

It depends on your local office waiting list. It can be a couple days, it can be 2 years.

18 minutes ago, Ayrton said:

It depends on your local office waiting list. It can be a couple days, it can be 2 years.

Thanks for the response. just wondering since I am done with bio, do you have an idea if USCIS will proceed to mail my I-756/1-131 card to me or I need to have the interview first?

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline
8 minutes ago, mitanyag said:

Thanks for the response. just wondering since I am done with bio, do you have an idea if USCIS will proceed to mail my I-756/1-131 card to me or I need to have the interview first?

No interview for combo card, but it doesn't mean it's gonna be processed right away. It's taking about 6-10 months to get EAD from filling date.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Lithuania
Timeline
On 8/11/2021 at 12:23 PM, Asterix78 said:

Our case just got scheduled for interview. Will have to wait for the letter to find out the exact date. Timeline:

3/16 - filed I-485, I-765, I-131

4/16 - NOA1

7/21 - expedited I-131

7/26 - Biometric notice received. Sent a letter to US Representative and provided info. 

7/27 - Biometric taken (walk-in)

8/11 - I-485 interview scheduled. 

This is the Dallas local office. 

Update:

3/16 - filed I-485, I-765, I-131

4/16 - NOA1

7/21 - expedited I-131

7/26 - Biometric notice received. Sent a letter to US Representative and provided info. 

7/27 - Biometric taken (walk-in)

8/11 - I-485 interview scheduled. 

9/16 - Interview date. 

It has been almost a week since my biometrics appointment (8/11),  but the USCIS case status for my I-485 and I-765 still hasn't updated at all (still at Fingerprint fee received, Case received). Is anyone else having a similar issue? How long does it typically take for an update to happen?

8 minutes ago, Tellurous said:

It has been almost a week since my biometrics appointment (8/11),  but the USCIS case status for my I-485 and I-765 still hasn't updated at all (still at Fingerprint fee received, Case received). Is anyone else having a similar issue? How long does it typically take for an update to happen?

I also had my biometrics last 8/11 in CA, my I-485 status was changed to "Case Ready to be scheduled for interview" last 8/13, but no change for my I-765 at all....it is still in "Case Received" status.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Israel
Timeline
On 8/4/2021 at 9:12 AM, Practically89 said:

I ended up getting a tier 2 call 7pm the night before the appointment. The agent e-mailed me the letter and I booked a flight to DC for the next day. I missed my flight, and went to an ASC in Chicago. They were done with all of their appointments by 9:30am and got me in with no issues. Bottom line, my PD is March 18 and my biometrics appointment was August 3rd. Also, my bio letter is only for I485 and I765, not I131. I was told at ASC I will probably have to do separate bio for the 131, don't know if that's true or not. They said every bio appointment is only for 2 applications at a time.

After my August 3rd bio apt, my I485 updated to show "ready to be scheduled for an interview" on August 9. No change for I765 and I131, but an Emma agent said the fingerprints were applied to those.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline
On 8/13/2021 at 11:47 PM, mitanyag said:

Also have this same question, biometrics appointment had similar timing :)   I think interview times are specific to the USCIS field office... does anyone know of a way to check interview times for a specific field office (or if there is a thread for filers at a specific field office? 

1 minute ago, lecht008 said:

Also have this same question, biometrics appointment had similar timing :)   I think interview times are specific to the USCIS field office... does anyone know of a way to check interview times for a specific field office (or if there is a thread for filers at a specific field office? 

you can go to this link - https://www.uscis.gov/about-us/find-a-uscis-office/field-offices, put your zip code, that way you can see the field office near you. then you can check the processing time here: https://egov.uscis.gov/processing-times/

Got a case status update! Status for I-485 case has changed to "Ready to be scheduled for an interview" as of 8/17. Nothing for I-765 case yet.

3/16/2021: Packet posted via UPS

3/18/2021: (PD) I-130/I-485/I-131/I-765/I-864/I-693 packet delivered to Chicago lockbox via UPS.

4/13/2021: 4 texts received, 4 receipt numbers. Fingerprint fee received for I-485 the day before according to status checker.

7/01/2021: Submitted a change of address for all 4 forms (AR-11)

7/17/2021: Notice date for biometrics appointment, scheduled for 8/11/2021

7/29/2021: Received email notice confirming change of address has been successfully completed.

8/11/2021: Completed biometrics appointment at Tampa ASC for both I-485 and I-765

8/17/2021: Status change for I-485, case is ready to be scheduled for an interview.

On 7/27/2021 at 10:47 PM, justinedr said:

july 26 - im currently out of state so i did a walk in biometrics in oklahoma.

july 27 - my i485 status got updated to case ready to be scheduled for interview. i have confirmed that my change of address was successful so the local office handling this is now san bernardino CA. 

just want to share some update. i tried expediting my EAD.

aug 4. first attempt was via Emma. she rejected my request right there and then, without even asking for evidence. in hindsight i did word my reason too casually - just said "cos i have a job offer." she said that doesnt fall under any of their expedite criteria. i kinda argued just after that that it is causing severe financial loss to us but i guess i shouldve started off with that and some specifics of our circumstances. my bad.

aug 9. second attempt was via our congressman. this time i prepared how i would word it, and front-loaded my request with evidence already. also i mentioned i was rejected without being asked for evidence. his staffer was very responsive. she was able to put in an expedite ticket for me the following day.

aug 18. the expedite was approved today. got the New Card Being Produced status 1 hour after the Expedite Request Approved status.

*to be transparent, i actually do not have a job offer... just a couple of job invites from recruiters (which i couldnt entertain then cos we were out in different states) in the last 2 months. but i used it to say that we are in a bad timing right now financially cos some of husband's benefits are put on a pause indefinitely while in transition to new duty orders (military). and that me working would help if only i could proceed with the job invites i've been receiving. as part of evidence sent i included the job invite emails, mortgage bill, and husband's earnings statement to show reduced benefits over the last 3 months.

1 hour ago, justinedr said:

aug 4. first attempt was via Emma. she rejected my request right there and then, without even asking for evidence. in hindsight i did word my reason too casually - just said "cos i have a job offer." she said that doesnt fall under any of their expedite criteria. i kinda argued just after that that it is causing severe financial loss to us but i guess i shouldve started off with that and some specifics of our circumstances. my bad.

aug 9. second attempt was via our congressman. this time i prepared how i would word it, and front-loaded my request with evidence already. also i mentioned i was rejected without being asked for evidence. his staffer was very responsive. she was able to put in an expedite ticket for me the following day.

aug 18. the expedite was approved today. got the New Card Being Produced status 1 hour after the Expedite Request Approved status.

*to be transparent, i actually do not have a job offer... just a couple of job invites from recruiters (which i couldnt entertain then cos we were out in different states) in the last 2 months. but i used it to say that we are in a bad timing right now financially cos some of husband's benefits are put on a pause indefinitely while in transition to new duty orders (military). and that me working would help if only i could proceed with the job invites i've been receiving. as part of evidence sent i included the job invite emails, mortgage bill, and husband's earnings statement to show reduced benefits over the last 3 months.

That was brilliant

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

How do you tell which office is processing your green card? My status is now waiting for interview to be scheduled (did biometrics a few weeks ago) which I know takes a very different amount of time depending on the office. I’m in North New Jersey so there are a few offices near me. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline
20 hours ago, justinedr said:

Yeah wow that was a good idea!  We asked for an expedite over the phone with USCIS since my wife's grandfather is not doing so well (and we told USCIS we can produce doctors certificates if necessary), and they told us they'd review in 7 business days but it's been around 10 business days now.  Has anyone had experience with them and their 7 business day timeline?  Or following up with them on an expedite request?  We called once to follow up and they were not very helpful, but I've learned from Visa Journey that there are sometimes better ways to follow up 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.