green_rabbit

March 2021 - AOS filers

535 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: South Africa
Timeline
On 8/4/2021 at 1:42 PM, David and Anna said:

Thanks.  I did that and got someone.  They said there is no update for our case and then posted the bioler plate that says we need to wait until 11-27 months for our location before we can inquire if its late.  So frustrating that there is no std process even for the NBC portion of the AoS.  Many have done biometrics now and some have interviewed and 1-2 have their GC already from March filers.  I also called the main number and spoke to a rep who said that our case showed "an officer accessed and spent 25 minutes viewing your case last week".  He said that was a good sign that at least its getting some attention.  He too said all we can do is wait.  Honestly, waiting until early next year was out plan based on what we read before we applied...but seeing all these folks getting biometrics and interviews has made it very difficult to simply sit here with no news on our case when other cases are moving so rapidly...

On 8/4/2021 at 2:07 PM, thebob said:

Totally agree. We just got the same type of the thing on the phone.  Basically "just keep waiting."  They said they don't know biometrics processing times and that there's no way for us to contact the field office, so there's nothing we can do but wait.  Easy for them to say. :bonk:  Think our next step is contacting our US rep.  They might not do anything but it's worth a try.

Replying to you both to share a similar data point. I got a live agent on the EMMA chat. Gave my receipt number and got the boiler plate response that there is no update to the case status, no biometrics appointment has been made yet. Happy to know that I am not missing any letters in the mail, but I would rather have the biometrics appointment. 🤷‍♂️

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Update 

PD 03/23/21

Las Vegas, NV

Biometrics 07/12/21

Expedite due to Financial Loss 07/13/21 (next Day of biometrics)

I-765: Expedite Received 07/14/21

I-765: Expedite Approved 08/04/21

I-765: We ordered a new card 08/05/21

I-765 & I-131: Case approved 08/05/21

I waited for a reply to my expedite like 3 weeks. No proof documentation required, I did had it ready to send it in case. 

3 hours ago, Mike&Heidi said:

Replying to you both to share a similar data point. I got a live agent on the EMMA chat. Gave my receipt number and got the boiler plate response that there is no update to the case status, no biometrics appointment has been made yet. Happy to know that I am not missing any letters in the mail, but I would rather have the biometrics appointment. 🤷‍♂️

Yeah, it seems like the wait times right now are really bad, especially for biometrics. And they don’t tell you much because it’s in the hands of the field office. After browsing forums, it seems that an expedite request might trigger biometrics. That’s something we might consider. Don’t know that they’ll approve our expedite request, but it might be worth a shot. We’ve reached out to a Senator and see if that does anything.

hello guys, anyone here who already had their interview? or at least interview schedule? how was it? we just sent our reply to RFE last Aug 4 and our I-485 status was changed to "response to USCIS RFE was received" today. our bio appt is on Aug 11. goodluck to all.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I filled on March 12th 2021. I received an RFE on May 24th, 2021 for sponsor's tax returns. To avoid any issues, I immediately got a joint sponsor.

For 1 month I didn't get any response from USCIS. I contacted my congressman and I got a response the next day (best congressman). After my congressman's inquiry I received my biometrics appointment notification on July 27th set for the 27th of August.

I couldn't wait for the 27th of August, so I traveled 3hours to a nearby state to get my biometrics done today 4th of August 2021. I was there at 7am and only met one person there. They allowed me to do an early walk-in. 

Immediately after my biometrics my I765 changed to "actively reviewing your case. Our records show nothing is outstanding at this time." 

I am keeping my fingers crossed for the next update. 

Update: My I485 changed to "Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview."

August 7, 2021 Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview
June 11, 2021 We received your response for Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status.
May 24, 2021 We sent a request for initial evidence for your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status.
April 7, 2021 We accepted the fingerprint fee for your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status. Our National Benefits Center location is working on your case
Edited by Meilyn22

Timeline
On 7/24/2021 at 10:36 AM, Ahahh said:

Update on my Timeline:

• PD: 03/31
  • Expedite Request Received I131: 07/16
  • Biometrics completed: 07/19
  • Expedite Request Received I765: 07/23
  • Case Ready to be Scheduled for Interview: 07/23

Since my field office processing timelines for I485 are too crazy I do expect an interview to be scheduled anytime soon. Does anybody know if "case ready be scheduled for interview" speed up EAD issuance?

Side Note: I seem to get updates every time I put it an expedite request. Even though they have not acted on the requests so far, it seems as though they make them look at my file and issue updates.

Hey, what's up with your case? Has your interview been scheduled? 

Timeline
19 minutes ago, Ahahh said:

Not yet. It has been total silence. No updates on all 3 applications (I485, I765, I131).

Dang! Hopefully they schedule you for an interview. My case just changed to "Ready to be scheduled for an interview." My field office is also Boise, Idaho. You would think Boise would be fast because I don't know if many immigrants are coming to Boise lol. I have every reason to believe that they have a huge backlog or they are purposely delaying cases. 

Just now, Meilyn22 said:

You would think Boise would be fast because I don't know if many immigrants are coming to Boise lol. I have every reason to believe that they have a huge backlog or they are purposely delaying cases. 

I read that Boise has a surprisingly large immigrant and refugee community (with some nice restaurants). Also I wonder if field offices with smaller case loads also have smaller staffs. I've been seeing some cases out of Los Angeles moving quickly, so i was thinking maybe they're well staffed there. 

Timeline
1 hour ago, green_rabbit said:

I read that Boise has a surprisingly large immigrant and refugee community (with some nice restaurants). Also I wonder if field offices with smaller case loads also have smaller staffs. I've been seeing some cases out of Los Angeles moving quickly, so i was thinking maybe they're well staffed there. 

That makes sense. I have never been to Boise. I live like 4hours away in Idaho and I am here just for school. Salt-Lake is closer to me than Boise, even though I live in Idaho. I guess I was totally wrong about the immigrants not coming to Boise comment. 

16 minutes ago, Meilyn22 said:

That makes sense. I have never been to Boise. I live like 4hours away in Idaho and I am here just for school. Salt-Lake is closer to me than Boise, even though I live in Idaho. I guess I was totally wrong about the immigrants not coming to Boise comment. 

I'm about the same distance away, but in Oregon. I moved here for work a few years back. I was totally surprised to read that about Boise too. But I've been looking for places nearby to visit with good international cuisine, so maybe I'll make it over there one day.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Kenya
Timeline
On 8/4/2021 at 10:13 PM, Meilyn22 said:

I filled on March 12th 2021. I received an RFE on May 24th, 2021 for sponsor's tax returns. To avoid any issues, I immediately got a joint sponsor.

For 1 month I didn't get any response from USCIS. I contacted my congressman and I got a response the next day (best congressman). After my congressman's inquiry I received my biometrics appointment notification on July 27th set for the 27th of August.

I couldn't wait for the 27th of August, so I traveled 3hours to a nearby state to get my biometrics done today 4th of August 2021. I was there at 7am and only met one person there. They allowed me to do an early walk-in. 

Immediately after my biometrics my I765 changed to "actively reviewing your case. Our records show nothing is outstanding at this time." 

I am keeping my fingers crossed for the next update. 

Can you share the name of the congressman? I live in Idaho too, maybe they can help me expedite my EAD.

Timeline
30 minutes ago, Ahahh said:

Can you share the name of the congressman? I live in Idaho too, maybe they can help me expedite my EAD.

His name is Josh Sorensen. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.