green_rabbit

March 2021 - AOS filers

535 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Tellurous said:

Good to hear! When did you submit your change of address, and how did you confirm that the change of address was successful?

I did the change of address in May. Received email notification after 2 weeks but no paper mail. Called last June inquiring about biometrics and also asked if my address in their records has been updated. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
9 minutes ago, Marion Defoyer said:

where do you see that??? where do you see status???

You can see that on USCIS website. When you login you can put your case numbers to see updates on your case. 

4 minutes ago, Marion Defoyer said:

Amazing i was just looking it it! thanks a lot!

so you are waiting for an interview date nr?

great that it didn’t take so long to have the interview scheduled, hope the same smooth process!

Yep, waiting for the combo card and an interview. The most recent people at my field office seem to have waited about 10 months for an interview, so I'm expecting around that.

3 minutes ago, Marion Defoyer said:

@Meilyn22 weird bc they don’t change the status online when bio is scheduled!

I think I read that only happens for people who were able to file online for part of the application - not the case for most K1 AOSers.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Marion Defoyer said:

@Meilyn22 weird bc they don’t change the status online when bio is scheduled!

I don't understand what you mean. I already know when my bio is scheduled even without receiving a letter in the mail. The reason being that they sent a message to my congressman and he forwarded the message to me. So I am just waiting for the letter. But I saw that my biometrics is scheduled online. 

Screenshot_20210728-171008_Chrome.jpg

On 7/7/2021 at 3:51 PM, sushiS2 said:

Just got a mail that my biometrics appointment has been scheduled for 07/28!

I filed at NBC, and Local Office is Orlando, FL, Married based from F-1 to AOS

My timeline is:

Sent packages on 03/28/2021,

Mail arrived at USCIS Chicago PO BOX on 03/31/2021,

Checks were cashed out on 04/27/2021

Receipts Mail/Texts received on 04/31/2021.

Biometrics Scheduled for 07/28/2021

Good luck with everyone!

Updates!

I did biometrics yesterday,

and Today, 07/29/2021, It shows “Case was updated to show Fingerprints were taken”

Hopefully I don’t get any REFs and the status changes to Interview is ready to be scheduled…!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Lithuania
Timeline
On 7/28/2021 at 12:14 PM, green_rabbit said:

For us, it updated to "fingerprints have been taken" two days after the appointment, and "ready to be scheduled for an interview" eight days after. 

Ok my cases just got updated to "fingerprints taken" two days after the appointment, too. 👍

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline

Hey all, 

just had our interview this morning. The officer was very thorough and professional, but made us feel comfortable throughout the entire process. At the end of the 30 minute interview he asked whether we wanted to add anything to our application so we handed him updated bank statements and utility bills. Upon asking whether he wanted this and that, he said no need, you guys have tons of evidence and I see that huge folder you have there. 

after that he told us he was going to approve our case and told us about the conditional GC.

overall a stressful process, but in the end it all worked out! Glad to take a break from USCIS for a while!

feel free to ask any questions!

Naturalization

4/30/2024 Eligible to file for Naturalization

5/18/2024 Filed N-400 online, biometrics reused

5/20/2024 Case is being actively reviewed

Removal of Conditions

4/30/2023   Eligible to file for ROC

5/1/2023     Sent ROC package via USPS

5/4/2023     Package delivered to Phoenix, AZ lockbox

5/9/2023     Received text message confirming receipt, case #IOE....

5/10/2023   Check was cashed

5/11/2023   Case is being actively reviewed

5/15/2023   NOA received in the mail, biometrics reused

Marriage-Based AOS

3/3/2021   Sent application package to Chicago Lockbox

5/25/2021 Biometrics Appointment

7/29/2021 Interview date (Approved on the spot)

8/11/2021 Received Green Card in the mail

On 7/28/2021 at 1:05 PM, Tellurous said:

Update, received my biometrics appointment letter in the mail today. However, I did not receive any online notifications, and nothing changed on the USCIS case status tracker. It still shows "Case was received", which was a bit strange.

3/16/2021: Packet posted via UPS

3/18/2021: (PD) I-130/I-485/I-131/I-765/I-864/I-693 packet delivered to Chicago lockbox via UPS.

4/13/2021: 4 texts received, 4 receipt numbers. Fingerprint fee received for I-485 the day before according to status checker.

7/01/2021: Submitted a change of address for all 4 forms (AR-11)

7/17/2021: Notice date for biometrics appointment, scheduled for 8/11/2021

7/28/2021: Received appointment letter at mailing old address (!!), but scheduled to the correct ASC jurisdiction (Tampa) somehow (was previously under Houston ASC jurisdiction, as I previously lived near Houston).

I will attempt an early walk-in tomorrow morning. Will report back if successful.

Also, while I did submit an I-131 form, the biometrics letter only mentions forms I-485 and I-765 under "Case Type". Is this normal?

Tried walking in early for my biometrics at the Tampa ASC at the end of the day an hour before closing, was turned away by security guard and told to come back on my appointment day. Oh well.

Also, finally received an email confirmation about my change of address today, but seems like they only applied it to the I-485. Took them about a month.

3/18/2021: (PD) I-130/I-485/I-131/I-765/I-864/I-693 packet delivered to Chicago lockbox via UPS.

4/13/2021: 4 texts received, 4 receipt numbers. Fingerprint fee received for I-485 the day before according to status checker.

7/28/2021: Received appointment letter at mailing old address (!!), but scheduled to the correct ASC jurisdiction (Tampa) somehow (was previously under Houston ASC jurisdiction, as I previously lived near Houston).

7/29/2021: Received email notice confirming change of address has been successfully completed.

1 hour ago, Tellurous said:

Tried walking in early for my biometrics at the Tampa ASC at the end of the day an hour before closing, was turned away by security guard and told to come back on my appointment day. Oh well.

Also, finally received an email confirmation about my change of address today, but seems like they only applied it to the I-485. Took them about a month.

7/29/2021: Received email notice confirming change of address has been successfully completed.

how did you change the address? online or did you mail the form?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.