green_rabbit

March 2021 - AOS filers

535 posts in this topic

Still waiting here too. I'm going to just take the "it'll happen when it happens" approach and not stress out about it more than I need to.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Montenegro
Timeline

Hello everyone,

Applied for my AOS on 31 March.

NOA received: 4/25.

Biometrics appointment letter received today: 6/26.Says I have a Biometrics in 2 weeks.

Stay positive😁

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Poland
Timeline

Coming up on 4 months and no word from USCIS other than the NOA1's...

Does anyone know the official "when you can inquire about delays" date for EAD or AP or AoS?

(I seem to recall reading about some number of months when they will allow you to start a case inquiry if you haven't gotten a response...)

Thanks!

20 minutes ago, David and Anna said:

Coming up on 4 months and no word from USCIS other than the NOA1's...

Does anyone know the official "when you can inquire about delays" date for EAD or AP or AoS?

(I seem to recall reading about some number of months when they will allow you to start a case inquiry if you haven't gotten a response...)

Thanks!

https://egov.uscis.gov/e-request/displayONPTForm.do;jsessionid=DABEE8707CBA27F8F9654B6371A4676F?sroPageType=onpt&entryPoint=init

I found this page which says to wait 6 months before filing an inquiry (if it's an application not listed in their form, but EAP is 4 to 10 months so you're still well within normal). It says you have to have a NOA receipt date before Aug 30, 2020 to file an inquiry.

I think 4 months is the new average time to wait. We just got our biometrics appointment notice yesterday. The appointment is for just over 4 months after the NOA date.

Edited by green_rabbit

Just got a mail that my biometrics appointment has been scheduled for 07/28!

I filed at NBC, and Local Office is Orlando, FL, Married based from F-1 to AOS

My timeline is:

Sent packages on 03/28/2021,

Mail arrived at USCIS Chicago PO BOX on 03/31/2021,

Checks were cashed out on 04/27/2021

Receipts Mail/Texts received on 04/31/2021.

Biometrics Scheduled for 07/28/2021

Good luck with everyone!

got my biometrics scheduled too finally. local office in San Diego / San Bernardino CA (had an ill-timed change of address)

March 18 2021 - package received by USCIS

April 10 2021 - NOA mail

July 12 2021 - bio letter received (just saw in informed delivery and assumed)

July 27 2021 - biometrics schedule

i actually have no access to the paper mail of the bio appt as im out of state for 2 months so i had to call uscis to confirm and ask for the schedule. my next dilemma now is how to get a copy of that letter via email. the rep i talked to said another helpdesk agent will call me so i can get a copy online. 

Edited by justinedr

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: France
Timeline

Received my biometrics letter yesterday and did early walk-in this morning ! 

March 12 2021 - package received by USCIS

April 6 2021 - NOA1

July 12 2021 - biometric letter received (notice date is 07/02/2021). Biometric appointment scheduled for 07/26/2021. 

July 13 2021 - early walk-in on the morning. Just showed up asking if I could do the biometrics now, she was really nice and answered it was my lucky day that is was really calm so their was no problem for me to do them. Seems sometimes they have so many people they have to wait outside... I waited max 10 min and they called me, it took 5-10 min do get my information (I had completed the Applicant's Information Worksheet before going in), the picture, the fingerprints and the signature. Super easy !

My I-485 was handled by NBC.

My local office is Houston, Tx and my ASC was Houston Southeast. 

Wishing to all still waiting that they will get theirs soon... 

Edited by L&Ceci

On 7/12/2021 at 11:41 AM, justinedr said:

got my biometrics scheduled too finally. local office in San Diego / San Bernardino CA (had an ill-timed change of address)

March 18 2021 - package received by USCIS

April 10 2021 - NOA mail

July 12 2021 - bio letter received (just saw in informed delivery and assumed)

July 27 2021 - biometrics schedule

i actually have no access to the paper mail of the bio appt as im out of state for 2 months so i had to call uscis to confirm and ask for the schedule. my next dilemma now is how to get a copy of that letter via email. the rep i talked to said another helpdesk agent will call me so i can get a copy online. 

Why don't you use your online account to obtain a copy of your biometric notice ? Mine has been available online since a week before I got it in mail. 

1 hour ago, chapsh said:

Why don't you use your online account to obtain a copy of your biometric notice ? Mine has been available online since a week before I got it in mail. 

I dont have the Documents tab. I believe thats only shows for electronic filers/receipt numbers starting with IOE.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Update! 
PD: March 23 2021 

Biometrics appointment July 12 

Case ready for Interview July 16 

I’m so excited!! 

Field Office: Las Vegas, NV 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline
6 hours ago, hlUSAj1 said:

Update! 
PD: March 23 2021 

Biometrics appointment July 12 

Case ready for Interview July 16 

I’m so excited!! 

Field Office: Las Vegas, NV 

Congrats!! 🎊 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.