isis375

Approved Spouse Visa. Zoom Marriage!

111 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, Jimmyzr1 said:

So stupid, we lived together for 2.3 years!

If you intend to pursue a CR1 visa with a Utah Zoom marriage, you need to find a way to meet in person after getting married.  Having lived together for years before the wedding will not exempt you from that requirement.

If you cannot meet in the Philippines, other folks with a Filipino partner have reported success meeting in Costa Rica or the Maldives.  Check the travel-related posts from @top_secret, like this one --

9 minutes ago, Jimmyzr1 said:

So, I guess I have no other choice than to wait 2 years to get her and her son here.

You have other options —meet somewhere after the zoom wedding, if only for one day, and that will allow you to file for your CR-1. We all have to sacrifice and pay a lot of money and wait a long time to be with our spouses..if it’s going to cost some money to make that happen for you so you can meet after the wedding and file CR-1, it’s worth it. On the other hand, it is also worth it to wait for the K1, if that’s easier for you. Whichever choice, it’ll bring you three together in the end, so just figure out the best route. 

On 3/11/2021 at 3:16 PM, isis375 said:

CR-1 Visa Approved!  Zoom Ceremony.

My husband and I married through Utah Online marriage ceremony in September 2020. I visited him in Costa Rica in October 2020 and filed for the CR-1. Our I-130 was approved January 29, 2021. We were DQ in the NVC on February 16, 2021 and received our interview date on February 24th.

My husband passed his interview this morning and now we await his passport and POE in the coming weeks.

That was quick! Congratulations!  I've been living with my Costa Rican husband in his country for over 25 yrs and we decided a couple of years ago that we would like to explore possibilities back home in the US.  The NVC requested more documents on behalf of the Co sponser (I'm a housewife and my husband is the sole provider), so now we are back to waiting until they finish accepting the new documents.  It's great news to know that the interviews are almost immediate because I have been wondering about that considering the high Covid numbers here and the fact that the Embassy in general has been taking their time renewing passports, tourist visas and what not.

Edited by Gisselle Villegas

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
On 6/28/2021 at 9:16 PM, isis375 said:

We met playing ARK Survival Evolved on the PC in 2018, started dating and being on Skype 12~ hours a day. I visited Sept 2019 for three weeks in Costa Rica. We became engaged Feb 2020. We married September 2020, and I visited for three more weeks in quarantine with him in October 2020. 

And he has been here in the US with me since March 25 this year, and it's been wonderful. 

Awesome! Thanks for the info. It will help a lot to see how well the relationship developed over time to merit the immigration benefits based on the online marriage. Congratulations to you guys once again. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Did you all go through the immigration process yourself or work through an immigration attorney?  I was thinking about doing myself but was a little concerned w making errors that would cause delays...but attorneys are very expensive too.  Any suggestions?

6 minutes ago, RogerVA8928 said:

Did you all go through the immigration process yourself or work through an immigration attorney?  I was thinking about doing myself but was a little concerned w making errors that would cause delays...but attorneys are very expensive too.  Any suggestions?

I personally think the process is pretty straightforward especially with the guides they have here. I did everything myself. Some people swear on using an attorney. I guess you'll have to weigh the pros and cons. 

Removal of Conditions:

File Date - January 11, 2023

Package Delivered - January 13, 2023

NOA Received Dated - January 13, 2023

NOA Notice Date - January 18, 2023

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hello! My partner and I were looking into the K1 visa… she lives in the UK and I was just there visiting her for 4 months. Would you say going through the marriage online and filing the CR-1 better than filing for the K1 then getting married in 90 days and filing for green card etc etc? 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Well you marry on line, meet again then file CR1.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Isis I contacted you direct to your profile still want to make also a comment here .

When I fill my marriage license in Utah I fill my Filipino Fiancée mailing address as my USA address and not the county address as I interpreted that mailing address is not the fiscal living address....what will be the consequences of that mistake? if you know the answer...... i guess on the way of clerk address on the rebound to correct address will be another prove that the person in Philippines receive in HER ADDRESS THE CERTIFICATD?

i can cancel that license SEND IT BACK TO Utah AND REAPPLY and reapply for a correct FILING THE document....

Any idea will be appreciated 

Edited by ray34110
wrong words

1 hour ago, ray34110 said:

Hi Isis I contacted you direct to your profile still want to make also a comment here .

When I fill my marriage license in Utah I fill my Filipino Fiancée mailing address as my USA address and not the county address as I interpreted that mailing address is not the fiscal living address....what will be the consequences of that mistake? if you know the answer...... i guess on the way of clerk address on the rebound to correct address will be another prove that the person in Philippines receive in HER ADDRESS THE CERTIFICATD?

i can cancel that license SEND IT BACK TO Utah AND REAPPLY and reapply for a correct FILING THE document....

Any idea will be appreciated 

From the Utah County Clerks web site.  you are suppose to email them to correct the international address as part of the normal process.

https://www.utahcounty.gov/Dept/ClerkAud/FinalReminder.html

• The online application is not currently designed to accept international addresses. This will be corrected in a later version of the system.
  • If either applicant does not have a US based home address when completing the application, please use the Utah County Clerk's office address instead to complete the application online. That address is "111 S University Ave, Provo, UT 84601".
  • After the application has been completed and the confirmation email has been received, the applicant needs to send an email to marriage@utahcounty.gov. The email should contain the issued license number, identify which applicant's address needs to be updated, and provide the correct international home address.
  • There is no charge if the change is requested BEFORE the license has been finalized by the officiant. If the address update request is made AFTER the $10.00 error correction fee will be required. To ensure that the correction has been done, a couple should wait until a second confirmation has been sent with the correction application. If the couple fails to wait for the office to send the new confirmation email before having their officiant finalize the license, they will still be subject to the $10.00 fee.

Wife and Stepdaughter                                                                            

• December 17, 2020:  Married in Costa Rica
  • March 08, 2021: Filed l-130s Online
  • March 09, 2021: NOA1
  • April 26, 2021: NOA2, I-130s Approved
  • April 30, 2021: NVC Received
  • May 01, 2021: Pay AOS and IV Bills
  • May 06, 2021: Submit AOS, Financial Docs and DS-260s
  • May 14, 2021: Submit Civil Docs for Stepdaughter
  • May 21, 2021: Submit Civil Docs for Wife
  • June 25, 2021: NVC review for Stepdaughter, RFE submit additional Doc
  • July 08, 2021: Wife Documentarily Qualified by NVC
  • August 31, 2021: Stepdaughter Documentarily Qualified by NVC
  • September 15, 2021: Received Interview Date from NVC, October 05, 2021
  • September 22, 2021: Passed physicals at Saint Luke's Extension Clinic
  • October 05, 2021: Interview at US Embassy Manila. Verbally approved by US Consul. Positive interview experience.
  • October 05, 2021: CEAC status changed to "Issued"
  • October 07, 2021: Passports tracking for delivery on 2GO Courier website
  • October 08, 2021: Passports with visas delivered.  "Visas on hand"
  • October 08, 2021: Paid Immigrant Fee
  • October 12, 2021: Temporary CFO Certificates Received
  • October 26, 2021 POE arrival at LAX
  • November 02, 2021 Social Security Cards arrive in mail
  • January 31, 2022: USCIS Status changed to "Card Is Being Produced"
  • February 04, 2022: USCIS Status changed to "Card Was Mailed To Me"
  • February 07, 2022: Green cards received. 

• 5 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline
55 minutes ago, letmeloveher said:

to confirm I understand- so if we do a zoom wedding and get the marriage certificate we may be able to file spouse visa and they will accept that?!

This is life changing because I heard spouse visa takes less time??!!

And evidence of subsequent meeting, it is a

much better visa.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

On 8/28/2021 at 5:47 AM, letmeloveher said:

if we do a zoom wedding and get the marriage certificate we may be able to file spouse visa and they will accept that?!

Only if you have evidence that you were together in person during or some time after the Zoom wedding ceremony but before filing the I-130 petition.

• 3 months later...

What are the odds of this (zoom wedding) working if both partners (one is dual citizen with US) are living together and eligible to marry in their home country, but are reluctant for various reasons?

Will USCIS look at it weird or they don't care because marriage is marriage?

I have been told in few places it would be extra scrutinized, but some say it doesn't matter.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
2 hours ago, my_gf_wants_cr1 said:

What are the odds of this (zoom wedding) working if both partners (one is dual citizen with US) are living together and eligible to marry in their home country, but are reluctant for various reasons?

Will USCIS look at it weird or they don't care because marriage is marriage?

I have been told in few places it would be extra scrutinized, but some say it doesn't matter.

As long as you meet the requirements of being legally married, and you have been together physically after the wedding ceremony, I doubt USCIS will give it much notice.  Many folks do destination weddings for whatever reason, and that works.  You may get a CO that inquires, but it should not impact anything.

Good Luck!

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.