Commish10

Illegals Coming in on the Southern Border

57 posts in this topic

Getting through the process is definitely hard, lengthy, and expensive.  But the thing not to do is cry about how it’s going for others and compare your predicament to theirs - this only adds stress and does absolutely nothing for you.  You make your own path -  others do not, nor do you theirs.  Stay focused on what you can do for yourself and you’ll be stronger, happier, and better off for it.

Just some advice.

barata-gif-3.gif

4 hours ago, Bugs said:

Getting through the process is definitely hard, lengthy, and expensive.  But the thing not to do is cry about how it’s going for others and compare your predicament to theirs - this only adds stress and does absolutely nothing for you.  You make your own path -  others do not, nor do you theirs.  Stay focused on what you can do for yourself and you’ll be stronger, happier, and better off for it.

Just some advice.

Hard? Not really you only need about a 10th grade education to understand and fill out the paperwork

Lengthy? Not really when I did my K1 it was taking about 7 to 10 days for filers at the California Service Center to get NOA2, I was at Texas Service Center and it took like 24 days.

Expensive? I guess that just depends on your lifestyle, I find it rather inexpensive.....

18 hours ago, Commish10 said:

We need an angry emoji

My thoughts exactly! lol 

I-130                                                                                   

23 Aug 2020: Filed I-130 online                                         
21 Oct 2020: I-130 approval                              

25 May 2021: Interview

5 June 2021: Entered the US

I-751

31 Mar 2023: Filed at Elgin lockbox

N-400             

9 Mar 2024: Filed online

On 3/18/2021 at 7:27 PM, Bugs said:

But the thing not to do is cry about how it’s going for others and compare your predicament to theirs

16 hours ago, Bugs said:

Me?  The process from initial K-1 application to dual citizenship took 4 years and multiple applications, evidence gathering & organization, interviews, and dollars.  And that was even pre-pandemic.

19 hours ago, Bugs said:

Me?  The process from initial K-1 application to dual citizenship took 4 years and multiple applications, evidence gathering & organization, interviews, and dollars.  And that was even pre-pandemic. 

Good that is the way it should be,  They need to make becoming a US Citizen a little challenging.  It's a privilege to be a US Citizen, not a right

4 hours ago, Joe Kano said:

Good that is the way it should be,  They need to make becoming a US Citizen a little challenging.  It's a privilege to be a US Citizen, not a right

Agreed.

barata-gif-3.gif

On 3/11/2021 at 8:24 PM, Joe Kano said:

Hopefully USA will be back to normal by Fall of this year.

Said that last year....

On 3/14/2021 at 11:07 PM, Lone Wolf said:

She can't get here, I can't go there. This is hell!

Though I can't give you any details, I do understand it is possible to marry online.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
55 minutes ago, Skyman said:

Said that last year....

Though I can't give you any details, I do understand it is possible to marry online.

An unconsumated online marriage doesn't work for US immigration, but might get you into the PI as a spouse (not sure this has been tested yet).

YMMV

4 minutes ago, payxibka said:

An unconsumated online marriage doesn't work for US immigration, but might get you into the PI as a spouse (not sure this has been tested yet).

Didn't know it wouldn't work for US immigration but yes, I understand it's been done to get into the RP.  Then of course, consummate away.  Hahahaha

2 hours ago, Skyman said:

Said that last year....

I thought it would be a month or two and it would get back to normal

But it's almost back to normal now, at least in many parts of the USA.

In Texas no more mask mandate and all and any business can open up fully.  I get my first Covid Shot today.  So I am positive the USA will be back to normal by October, maybe even June or July, things are moving along at a good pace here

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.