gvc

Urgent Help Needed | No GC interview letter and EAD expiring soon (K1 AOS)

3 posts in this topic

Hi there,

Would appreciate your help / inputs on my case. Here are the key dates:

- January 13, 2020: I filed for I-485/AOS (basis an approved I-129F). 

- February 04, 2020: NOA1 was received with notice date

- February 28, 2020: Biometrics appointment

- March 19, 2020: on the the USCIS online case status, its states case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview

- June 08, 2020: EAD/AP combo card received. 

Urgent help/inputs needed: 

1. When to expect the interview letter? Is there a possibility to get my interview scheduled and GC received before June 07, 2021 , i.e, before my EAD expires. 

2. March 08, 2021: sent packet for  EAD/AP renewal. Is there a way I can expedite this process and not fall out of status. I have less than 90 days. I assumed interview and GC will happen and missed filing for EAD/AP approval on time. I am currently working and can't afford to lose EAD status. 

What are my options, is there a way to manage my current situation. 

Thanks a ton! 

1 hour ago, gvc said:

March 08, 2021: sent packet for  EAD/AP renewal.

There is plenty of time to get the new I-765 Receipt notice. The EAD part of your card will automatically be extended by 180 days: https://www.uscis.gov/i-9-central/form-i-9-resources/handbook-for-employers-m-274/handbook-for-employers-m-274/40-completing-section-2-of-form-i-9/44-automatic-extensions-of-employment-authorization-documents-eads-in-certain-circumstances

The extension begins on the date the EAD expires and continues for up to 180 days, unless USCIS denies the renewal application. An automatic EAD extension depends on these requirements:

• Employees must have filed an application to renew their EAD before it expires (except certain employees with Temporary Protected Status (TPS)), and the application remains pending;
  • The eligibility category on the front of the EAD is the same eligibility category on the employee’s Form I-797C, Notice of Action (except employees with TPS who may have a C19/A12 combination); and
  • Current EAD eligibility categories for a 180-day automatic extension are A03, A05, A07, A08, A10, C08, C09, C10, C16, C20, C22, C24, C31, and A12 or C19.  The eligible categories are published on the USCIS Automatic EAD Extension page. Some category codes on the EAD may include the letter ‘P’ such as C09P. Employers should disregard the letter ‘P’ when comparing the category code on the EAD with the category code on the receipt notice.

An EAD that appears to be expired is automatically extended when the employee also presents a Form I-797C that shows a timely filed EAD renewal application. The EAD and Form I-797C must have the same qualifying eligibility category as that on the expired EAD.

The AP part of your card is NOT automatically extended. Before receiving the new card don't leave the US after your current card expires.

Edited by HRQX

Thanks so much, HRQX. Very helpful. I did check out the links. Now, I guess I can just hope that my NOA1 comes in time.

Do you suggest anything else I can do in the meantime for:

1) My pending GC interview. Can I call or do anything to help get my interview scheduled?

2) Expediting my EAD. Will a call or any written request help?

Thank you! 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.