Yenny

Question about expedite at NVC so child can attend school(split topic)

17 posts in this topic

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Indonesia
Timeline
On 7/23/2020 at 1:49 AM, aaron2020 said:

The BIG DIFFERENCE between college students and grade school students is that college students can not enroll in week 10 of a 15 weeks semester.  Some college programs can only enroll students at the beginning of the program in the Fall and can't enroll them at other times.  Grade school students can enroll at any time.

Furthermore, if grade school students staring the school year was an acceptable reason to expedite then PRACTICALLY EVERY K-2 would be eligible.  

Can I expedite at NVC using reason that my daughter is going to university next year? My daughter is US Citizen by birth, right now she live with me at my home country, so her english is not fluent. I want to arrive at US before my daughter enroll to university so she can practice her English and prepare before going to university, like choosing university, etc.

Please help me

*** This post was split from another member's thread. Please do not hijack another member's thread with questions about your own case. You are free to start your own thread.

VJ Moderation

“When starting an immigration journey, the best advice is to understand that sacrifices have to be made... whether it is time, money, or separation; or a combination of all.” - Unlockable

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Serbia
Timeline

Well if your daughter is US Citizen, she can travel to US and attend university, it has nothing to do with you. She can start checking out for University online or start practicing language at home also..

It's hard to get your process expedited. I've seen they approved when it's military reason (petitioner is getting deployed) or medical reason (petitioner is terminally ill).

You can try, costs nothing. But I think your chances are slim. ( If I am wrong, somebody correct me) 

10 hours ago, Yenny said:

Can I expedite at NVC using reason that my daughter is going to university next year? My daughter is US Citizen by birth, right now she live with me at my home country, so her english is not fluent. I want to arrive at US before my daughter enroll to university so she can practice her English and prepare before going to university, like choosing university, etc.

Please help me

Since she doesn't need a visa, she can go anytime, so there is no reason for an expedite.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
10 hours ago, Yenny said:

Please help me

You'd have a much better chance of success if the child was a minor

YMMV

Timeline
On 3/6/2021 at 4:46 PM, Unlockable said:

*** This post was split from another member's thread. Please do not hijack another member's thread with questions about your own case. You are free to start your own thread.

VJ Moderation

Thank you for reminder. I am sorry, I am new to this

Timeline
On 3/6/2021 at 5:35 PM, Kittinpaw said:

Well if your daughter is US Citizen, she can travel to US and attend university, it has nothing to do with you. She can start checking out for University online or start practicing language at home also..

It's hard to get your process expedited. I've seen they approved when it's military reason (petitioner is getting deployed) or medical reason (petitioner is terminally ill).

You can try, costs nothing. But I think your chances are slim. ( If I am wrong, somebody correct me) 

But my daughter can not go to US without me. It is quite difficult for my daughter to rent apartment by herself and live alone there, since she live with me at my home country since she was baby. She is not familiar with US situation. 

Timeline
20 hours ago, Jorgedig said:

Since she doesn't need a visa, she can go anytime, so there is no reason for an expedite.

She cannot go to US by herself, she was live with me at my home country since she was a baby. She is not familiar with US situation.

It will be hard for her to live by herself and It will difficult for her to look for university without anyone helping her.

14 hours ago, retheem said:

On merit, i would say you may be denied. But try anyways. Stranger reasons for expedites have been approved.

Thank you

Timeline
20 hours ago, payxibka said:

You'd have a much better chance of success if the child was a minor

I have another 2 son, but they are not US Citizen. They are 11 yo and 6 yo.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

How old is your daughter?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
Just now, Yenny said:

I have another 2 son, but they are not US Citizen. They are 11 yo and 6 yo.

Sorry.  You have no leverage if the minor child is a non-citizen.

YMMV

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
On 3/5/2021 at 11:41 PM, Yenny said:

Please help me

Just letting you know, you can't "enroll" into a university in the US. There is an extensive application process of taking certain tests, essays, letters of rec (depending on the university), and of course applying. If you would like your daughter to go to a US college, she needs to prepare and take the SATs. I would recommend speaking to a local US college advisor in your country to see how your daughter can get in. Also, many (but not all) universities require1st years to live on an on-campus dorm where they provide you the housing + meal plan, so that is not a problem.

To go back to your original question, that will not help your case. Your daughter is US citizen and can freely apply to any US college. If she is not fluent in English, she should take english courses in your country.

11 hours ago, Yenny said:

But my daughter can not go to US without me. It is quite difficult for my daughter to rent apartment by herself and live alone there, since she live with me at my home country since she was baby. She is not familiar with US situation. 

its not likely they will approve just so your daughter can conveniently enroll in college when she technically doesn't need you to be there to do so.  That's like saying so my daughter can get her driver license but needs my moral support to do so.  Tough sell.  Good luck.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
On 3/6/2021 at 2:41 AM, Yenny said:

Please help me

Hello! 

As a US citizen, she may have a US passport issued to her and be free to fly any time she wants.

As for a non-US parent, like your case, the fact that your daughter is planning to start a university here, is not really grounds to expedite a Visa process, unfortunately.

Given that many young Americans 

usually move out of their states to study away from home, the justifications you explained here are not going to work in your favor.

In American culture, youngsters move out and try their best to take care of themselves without the need of having their parents’ guidance and closeness.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.