MaleAlpha

Travel to Philippines as US Citizen - Question

6 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

Hello - 

I will be traveling to the Philippines next month for about 23 days

Everything I've read online says I do not need a visa if I am travelling there for under 30 days however on the Philippines visa form online, it says any stay over 21 days requires a visa.

I will be there for about 23 days.

Question : Do I need a visa or not? I am traveling with a US passport.

~AOS : 09/11/2014 - 2 YR Green card received!.

~ROC 07/13/2017 - 10 YR Green card received!.

~N-400 : 10/28/2020 - N400 Interview & Approval/Oath Ceremony/US Citizen!

More Importantly, I am a proud Anti-Fascist!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
6 minutes ago, MaleAlpha said:

Hello - 

I will be traveling to the Philippines next month for about 23 days

Everything I've read online says I do not need a visa if I am travelling there for under 30 days however on the Philippines visa form online, it says any stay over 21 days requires a visa.

I will be there for about 23 days.

Question : Do I need a visa or not? I am traveling with a US passport.

Yes you need a visa.  Visa on arrival was canceled due to covid.   Unless you have a Filipino spouse or child or other compelling reason that fits one of tbe exceptions,  you aren't getting in until the rules change

Edited by payxibka

YMMV

Timeline
1 hour ago, payxibka said:

Yes you need a visa.  Visa on arrival was canceled due to covid.   Unless you have a Filipino spouse or child or other compelling reason that fits one of tbe exceptions,  you aren't getting in until the rules change

Thanks @payxibka

Just so I understand, even with a visa they are not allowing any entries into the country due to Covid unless I have a compelling 'Philillpines govt approved' reason?

I'm just going there for business. My company is setting up an offshore base there and I will be there to help coordinate things. Will that count?

I have tried reaching out to the consulate here but it's difficult getting anyone to talk to.

Timeline
7 minutes ago, MaleAlpha said:

Thanks @payxibka

Just so I understand, even with a visa they are not allowing any entries into the country due to Covid unless I have a compelling 'Philillpines govt approved' reason?

I'm just going there for business. My company is setting up an offshore base there and I will be there to help coordinate things. Will that count?

I have tried reaching out to the consulate here but it's difficult getting anyone to talk to.

I think they are issuing 9d visas which i think is the one you may eligible for 

YMMV

Timeline
13 minutes ago, payxibka said:

I think they are issuing 9d visas which i think is the one you may eligible for 

9d as in 9 days only? Do you know what the covid protocol is once you arrive in the country?

The information is so scanty online so I am having a hard time getting the full picture.

I got some information from this website : https://www.philippineairlines.com/en/ph/home/covid-19/ArrivingInThePH/ManilaArrivalGuideForNon-OFWs

but it seems to be directed towards Filipino citizens overseas and 'eligible' non-Filipino nationals. What that eligibility criteria is, I have no idea.

Timeline
6 minutes ago, MaleAlpha said:

9d as in 9 days only? Do you know what the covid protocol is once you arrive in the country?

The information is so scanty online so I am having a hard time getting the full picture.

I got some information from this website : https://www.philippineairlines.com/en/ph/home/covid-19/ArrivingInThePH/ManilaArrivalGuideForNon-OFWs

but it seems to be directed towards Filipino citizens overseas and 'eligible' non-Filipino nationals. What that eligibility criteria is, I have no idea.

No.  Type 9 which is business / tourism.  Google the Philippines Bureau of Immigration or the Philippines Department of Tourism.   They should have the current protocol ( which changes frequently) online.

YMMV

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.